Arthur Daley RIP

trousers

Not the most demanding of parts I suppose, but George Cole was perfectly cast in the Arthur Daly role and he played it to perfection. IIRC 'Minder' was originally conceived by Thames as little more than a 'star vehicle' for Dennis Waterman, who needed a new series after 'The Sweeny' ended. But Cole was so good he soon became just as important to the series success as Waterman was - more so perhaps.

Like Leonard Nimoy who also passed recently one of those actors who through their work on TV became a measurable part of your life and leave you feeling grateful that they had lived.

Bless him.

tve3360-19801127-229.gif

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Not the most demanding of parts I suppose, but George Cole was perfectly cast in the Arthur Daly role and he played it to perfection. IIRC 'Minder' was originally conceived by Thames as little more than a 'star vehicle' for Dennis Waterman, who needed a new series after 'The Sweeny' ended. But Cole was so good he soon became just as important to the series success as Waterman was - more so perhaps.

Like Leonard Nimoy who also passed recently one of those actors who through their work on TV became a measurable part of your life and leave you feeling grateful that they had lived.

Bless him.

tve3360-19801127-229.gif

Nice tribute.

Bless him.

tve3360-19801127-229.gif

Great post, feels like my childhood is being ripped apart. Brilliant series, brilliant character, brilliant actor.

He was an Icon to my mates and I when we were growing up and some of the mockney he made up is still in use today.

He made the show with Waterman and kept it going for two years when he left.

I remember him as flat harry from the St. Trinity's films and also for a cartoon called Tube Mice that my mum loved,with him and Dennis Watermen playing two parts. And the song What are we going to get for her in doors.

Sorely missed. Dave will get him a Get him a G&T in heaven.

He was an Icon to my mates and I when we were growing up and some of the mockney he made up is still in use today.

He made the show with Waterman and kept it going for two years when he left.

I remember him as flat harry from the St. Trinity's films and also for a cartoon called Tube Mice that my mum loved,with him and Dennis Watermen playing two parts. And the song What are we going to get for her in doors.

Sorely missed. Dave will get him a Get him a G&T in heaven.

Paedo alert Dave always got him a VAT not a G&T