Lawro Watch 2015/16 Season

yellow&blue

Here we go again...........another defeat predicted.......

"Steve McClaren is a very good coach and I am expecting Newcastle to have a very good season after their recent problems.

They have better players, there will be a better atmosphere and they will get better results.

Southampton have a lot to live up to after the way they performed in Ronald Koeman's first year in charge.

They have lost a couple more key players in Morgan Schneiderlin and Nathaniel Clyne but I would not be surprised to see them end up in the top half of the table again"

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Usual nonsense from Lawro. Keep it tight for the first half an hour, those fantastic Geordie supporters will soon turn on their team and hit them on the break. 0-2. We have had two semi competitive games winning 5-0 over two legs in EL qualifying and they tuned up by losing to York City. The EL may take it's toll later in the season but for now, I would say we are more match sharp then they are.

Here we go again...........another defeat predicted.......

"Steve McClaren is a very good coach and I am expecting Newcastle to have a very good season after their recent problems.

They have better players, there will be a better atmosphere and they will get better results.

Southampton have a lot to live up to after the way they performed in Ronald Koeman's first year in charge.

They have lost a couple more key players in Morgan Schneiderlin and Nathaniel Clyne but I would not be surprised to see them end up in the top half of the table again"

As long as this very silly man says we will lose I am happy - he is so often wrong.

Graeme Swann, Lawro's opponent this week, is a Newcastle fan. He says: "It's a good job it is not at Southampton because we always lose there but teams don't come to St James' Park and come away with anything. 2-0". I suppose he missed last year's game: Newcastle 1 vs 2 Southampton.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Saints win....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34030774

Southampton v Norwich (13:30 BST)

Norwich have picked up four points from their first three games and, apart from a bad spell in their opening-day defeat by Crystal Palace, they have looked pretty solid.

Southampton have not really got going yet, and playing in the Europa League again on Thursday will not help them this week either.

They have got the last few days of the transfer window to get through too, but I think things will be looking up at St Mary's pretty soon.

Saints win....

Norwich have picked up four points from their first three games and, apart from a bad spell in their opening-day defeat by Crystal Palace, they have looked pretty solid.

Southampton have not really got going yet, and playing in the Europa League again on Thursday will not help them this week either.

They have got the last few days of the transfer window to get through too, but I think things will be looking up at St Mary's pretty soon.

That's quite funny. This game has 0-0 written all over it ... will be a cracker!

Saints win....

What I never understand with Lawro is that what he writes for each match hardly matches up with his scoreline prediction. That prediction says to me that Norwich have been good, we've been ****, and the fact that we played Thursday is further going to cause us a problem this weekend. Then he goes for a 2-1 win to us. Odd.

Bout time the BBC handed the predictor job to a pundit a bit more relevant IMO.

Edited by bpsaint

What I never understand with Lawro is that what he writes for each match hardly matches up with his scoreline prediction. That prediction says to me that Norwich have been good, we've been ****, and the fact that we played Thursday is further going to cause us a problem this weekend. Then he goes for a 2-1 win to us. Odd.

Bout time the BBC handed the predictor job to a pundit a bit more relevant IMO.

I don't understand why people don't understand that. It's pretty obvious why he does it like that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[h=3]Southampton v Bournemouth (16:00 GMT)[/h]Southampton are on a good run and are steadily climbing the table after a slow start and it is difficult to see Bournemouth upsetting them here.

The problem for the Cherries is that they are racking up defeat after defeat but they are not going to change the way they play.

Away from home, I don't know where the goals are going to come from for Eddie Howe's team and, defensively, they are not good enough to keep a clean sheet.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Sam's prediction: Bournemouth to bounce back from a couple of heavy defeats. 1-2

• 6 months later...
"Steve McClaren is a very good coach and I am expecting Newcastle to have a very good season after their recent problems." :lol:

You can't knock him for that .... Newcastle have had a great season ...... if you are a Mackem!!

A group of Sunderland fans have paid for a banner reading "Auf Wiedersehen Prem" to be flown over St James' Park during Newcastle's game against Tottenham on Sunday :lol:

Edited by ericofarabia

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37138469

Southampton v Sunderland

What I have seen of Southampton so far does not change my opinion that this is going to be their hardest season for a while.

I know their recruitment is very good but if you keep selling all of your best players then, sooner or later, it catches up with you.

As far as this game is concerned, I'm going for a draw, which will be a much better result for Sunderland. They are still trying to strengthen, especially in midfield.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1