Well done Yoshi

StratfordSaint

He's the archetypal squad man...versatility and a brilliant attitude, not the star, improving year on year, and not moaning! A very valuable member of the squad and todays game is more about the squad than the team over the course of a season.

I see him a a potential replacement for Fonte long term. A reliable player and always seems committed with a top attitude, could be a good captain for us in the future.

Not so sure. I would think, once we sign another CH, that he will be 4th choice CH. A good squad player but don't think he will ever be good enough to be a first choice.

Ive got a song...

Maya hee

Maya who

Maya ha

Maya Yoshida

Sing to this tune...http://youtu.be/Tu_EjZp8H4c

I actually think this is amazing... just trying to imagine the comedy gold of 20k people singing it whilst picturing that fat man from youtube fist/moob pumping!!

Yes i tell you. This needs to happen!

Maya hee

Maya who

Maya ha

Maya Yoshida

Really do think people underrate him. Never let us down with his performances last season where he played nearly half the games and has improved every year he's been here. No he is not at the level that Toby or Lovren were but I don't think there is as large a gap as others make out.

I think a lot of people still think back to his pretty mediocre first season here forgetting that 1) he was new to the country/league/team etc... and 2) he normally was playing with some combination of Davis/Gazza in goal, Fox to his left and Hooiveld/a not yet prem tested Fonte to his right. He's always done a job when needed and has shown his versatility covering both fullback positions when asked.

I'm sure we will be getting in someone else to takeover his place in the starting line-up but until then I am more than happy and confident that he can do a job there and am secure in the knowledge that he will do a good job when called upon. Certainly would put him above Caulker in the pecking order at the moment.

Must be close to the record number of prem appearances by a Japanese player now as well which would be a nice feather in his cap.

If you do I think you need to raise your standards!!

26 year old Fonte was playing League 1 football. Even in his first season in the Prem he made a fair few mistakes and was no better than Yoshi is now.

I think he has the right attributes and attitude to lead the the team in the future.

The Flaming Lips "Yoshida Battles the Blue Skatebots"

Oh Yoshida

They don't believe ya

But you won't let those

Skatebots defeat ya

Oh Yoshida

They don't believe ya

But you won't let those

Skatebots eat ya

Yoshida

This is definitely the song to work on.

"Oh Yoshida,

they won't defeat ya,

but you won't let those [?] defeat ya"

Not really liking 'Skatebots' - thinking perhaps changing that word to suit the opponent (e.g. Scousers, or Geordies, or Plastics etc).

I have a lot of time for him but he does tend to make too many costly mistakes. If he can concentrate for the whole game and not give the ball away then he could become a very good player for us.

Yesterday's fun Yoshida brain-fart was the Cruyff turn in his own box, but then he had nothing much to deal with most of the match. Fair dos to him for looking more decent at left back than he has at centre back though - he might be a better option than Targett there, and well done to Koeman for using the Europa League to find out.

A very good but much maligned player - esp by some on here.

As he has never been amongst the first names on the team sheet I would imagine that the manager and coaches aren't convinced either. Decent squad player but as long as he makes unforced errors that led to goal scoring opportunities against us a squad player is all he will be.