Victor Wanyama song in the news

alwill

Not an issue as such, but to go on about how great it is when all we have done is taken another song and changed the name is a bit much.

I´m trying to think of original saints songs that we invented (i.e. a tune not used by other teams) in recent years.. Think Our Claus was original.. since then I´m struggling.

Seeing as I'd 1) never heard the Benteke song and 2) They won't be singing it any more anyway I don't have a problem with this.

First time I heard it was a pub at Man City last game of last season, thought it was ridiculous but tremendously catchy.

Just copied the Villa song for Benteke. Embarrassing really.

Yeah i can't even leave the house, i'm ashamed.

As someone else had said i never even heard the Benteke chant once, and as far as i can tell there was only ever one video of one lad singing it that went viral. Plus this chant has been hanging around for a couple of years now but never really got going.

Not an issue as such, but to go on about how great it is when all we have done is taken another song and changed the name is a bit much.

I´m trying to think of original saints songs that we invented (i.e. a tune not used by other teams) in recent years.. Think Our Claus was original.. since then I´m struggling.

Given me and my mate invented it on Portswood rec i'd hope it was

Seeing as I'd 1) never heard the Benteke song and 2) They won't be singing it any more anyway I don't have a problem with this.

First time I heard it was a pub at Man City last game of last season, thought it was ridiculous but tremendously catchy.

Ah that might have been me at City away last season, and the "Mane's on fire" song...

That would sound really good if we could get this to catch on. I've also never heard it sung by Villa or anyone else.

I'm fairly sure it's already "caught on", it's all over Saints fans on social media and we sang it for 20 minutes straight in Arnhem, plus a mate who went to Newcastle said it took about 20 seconds to start up there.

I'm fairly sure it's already "caught on", it's all over Saints fans on social media and we sang it for 20 minutes straight in Arnhem, plus a mate who went to Newcastle said it took about 20 seconds to start up there.

Ok need to get it going at SMS then as I've not heard it sung from where I am in Kingsland North.

What's wrong with a song that goes on for 20 mins.!

Our normal stuff dies out when the back-board slappers speed up every song to over 100 miles an hour and fades out to silence.

I am an old fart but quite enjoyed bouncing around the seats to this.

It stopped Vitesse fans singing to us in perfect English "you only got one song".

And neither will we. The "let's get Woolston Ferry as our song" thing has been around for at least 20 odd years when the (paper based) Ugly Inside used to go on about it.

It's never going to happen, mainly because the song is more than a bit lame and I'm Southampton born and bred and the Woolston ferry means zip to me. In fact, just Wiki'ed it and it shut down six weeks before I was born. For too many people (especially potential terrace singers) it's not a thing.

Now if there was a song called "We used to have a fu cking Zoo here!" you might be on to something.

And neither will we. The "let's get Woolston Ferry as our song" thing has been around for at least 20 odd years when the (paper based) Ugly Inside used to go on about it.

It's never going to happen, mainly because the song is more than a bit lame and I'm Southampton born and bred and the Woolston ferry means zip to me. In fact, just Wiki'ed it and it shut down six weeks before I was born. For too many people (especially potential terrace singers) it's not a thing.

Now if there was a song called "We used to have a fu cking Zoo here!" you might be on to something.

I have a few friends who sing at least one rendition of Woolston Ferry in the ground every single match (and I know all the words via repetition, having been born 100 miles away)...

...so yeah, never going to catch on.

I did not know there used to be a zoo, though as I used to live right by The Common I can guess where it was judging by the Hawthorn comments.

And I always wondered why there was such a desire for an ice rink here, where did it used to be? :o

I have a few friends who sing at least one rendition of Woolston Ferry in the ground every single match (and I know all the words via repetition, having been born 100 miles away)...

...so yeah, never going to catch on.

I did not know there used to be a zoo, though as I used to live right by The Common I can guess where it was judging by the Hawthorn comments.

And I always wondered why there was such a desire for an ice rink here, where did it used to be? :o

It hasn't caught on. When the Northam are singing it and a BT Sport commentator says something like "you can tell the home fans are happy as they launch into another verse of their famous Woolston Ferry song" then it's caught on.

Glad all over = caught on.

Sunshine on Leith = caught on.

Sheffield United Annie's Song thing = caught on.

Oh when the Spurs go marching in = etc.

Woolston Ferry has gone the way of Ice Skating in the Bannister Road area since the late eighties. Ain't no one doing it.

Well despite what CB Fry says, it got going pretty well for the first time away at Vitesse. Only the back half, but louder and longer and much more people than have joined in before.

Yep. Never heard it so well before. Also heard it at a pub in Amsterdam and on a train between Amsterdam-Arnhem. Certainly getting going more recently.

Maybe these European games will bring in the new chants.

Loved the Wanyama one. Yes Sunderland done it years ago and 1 bloke on a train sang it about Benteke but this one works and will keep the crowd going.

Surprised the 'Radio Gaga' version of Sadio Mane has never got going properly.

It hasn't caught on. When the Northam are singing it and a BT Sport commentator says something like "you can tell the home fans are happy as they launch into another verse of their famous Woolston Ferry song" then it's caught on.

Glad all over = caught on.

Sunshine on Leith = caught on.

Sheffield United Annie's Song thing = caught on.

Oh when the Spurs go marching in = etc.

Woolston Ferry has gone the way of Ice Skating in the Bannister Road area since the late eighties. Ain't no one doing it.

I am agreeing that it has never caught on, just for the record. Because I have friends who always sing it and it never takes.

Seeing as this is still just about a Wanyama thread, here's the next quote of his that'll be taken out of context by the media come January as him agitating for a move:

"I think Morgan and I understood each other when he was here and it was easy for us to play together, but now he’s not here and I have to move on.”

Source? Wanyama interview on OS!

We know what he means, but "now Morgan is gone I have to move on" is just too easy for the clickbaiters.

Just copied the Villa song for Benteke. Embarrassing really.

I stopped singing in the Northam because of musical differences like this, I'm thinking about starting my own stand where we have the creative freedom to make our own chants that aren't dictated by the industry, ****ing bureaucrats!

I'm thinking about some kind of alternative jazz inspired bhangra fusion chants