United to bid for Mane?

SuperSAINT

BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport 3m3 minutes ago

#saintsfc boss @RonaldKoeman on Mane: "Sometimes when there is traffic around the training centre there is a difference... [1/3]

BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport 4m4 minutes ago

RK: "They'll pay a fine but so close to the game, you expect from each player to be focused for your club, your fans, your team mates. [2/3]

BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport 3m3 minutes ago

RK: "If you don't have this then there is no place at Southampton." [3/3] #saintsfc

Sounds like we have yet another brat on our hands.

I've always been concerned about his attitude really. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Everyone was screaming to get him on sooner today, but I'm really struggling to think when was the last time he made a big contribution. Lately he's been reminding me of Fabrice Fernandez - dribbling the ball around as many players as possible then failing to produce anything useful at the end of it.

What happened to us supposedly checking a player's character out before signing him? Mane, Wanyama and Osvaldo all dodgy temperaments. Sometimes I think Saints get a bit carried away with their own pr

In fairness, you can only do so much to predict how someone will react when big clubs start circling. Even great professionals like Schneiderlin (and Luka Modric, to use another club's example) have lost their cool. I wouldn't criticise Wanyama's temperament at all.

This Manè business doesn't look good at all though. Not good enough if the thought of a transfer has got to him. Am I right in saying he was a bit rude to Salzburg when he got his move here?

In fairness, you can only do so much to predict how someone will react when big clubs start circling. Even great professionals like Schneiderlin (and Luka Modric, to use another club's example) have lost their cool. I wouldn't criticise Wanyama's temperament at all.

This Manè business doesn't look good at all though. Not good enough if the thought of a transfer has got to him. Am I right in saying he was a bit rude to Salzburg when he got his move here?

Someone said on another thread that he refused to travel to one of their Champions League qualifiers.

What happened to us supposedly checking a player's character out before signing him? Mane, Wanyama and Osvaldo all dodgy temperaments. Sometimes I think Saints get a bit carried away with their own pr

In fairness to him I don't think Wanyama displayed any tantrums at Parkhead to exit Celtic though, even if he was a knob in how he conducted himself with us earlier in the season.

Mane, yes he threw his toys about before leaving Salzburg or so I read.

As for the other one, that signing defies belief given everything we (& Poch in particular) knew about him, but of course the men responsible for that have slunk away to avoid any lasting critiscism.

What happened to us supposedly checking a player's character out before signing him? Mane, Wanyama and Osvaldo all dodgy temperaments.

Sometimes I think Saints get a bit carried away with their own pr

I totally agree Duncan.....Wanyama's behaviour was so ridiculous, he knew he was on yellow already...

......as as for Mane (?) ....someone buy him a new watch, or teach him to tell the time properly.

Despite the defeat. Koeman has my full support. A rule is a rule for everyone......there's no reason for their lack of discipline, and no reason to just forgive and forget.

ManU are after Mane this window and his poor behaviour in training and lateness are clear indicators of this. Unsettled and agitating to leave.

We need to spend some ££ and sign his replacement early in the window. Then play hard ball with Man U if they want him this window; if they don't stump up, let him sit in the reserves and on the bench until the summer.

I'm not 100% convinced that Mane showing up late to a team meeting (as he's done before, before all this talk of Utd interest) is indicative of him wanting out. Sure, Koeman's comments Re: he commitment to the team, fans, club etc are a little worrying but could just be a reaction to the loss and I'm not reading too much into them. I don't think we'll sell Mane this January. Probably in the summer for £35m+. It would be suicidal to A) let him go now and B) put him with the reserves.

Really hope this, coupled with the lateness for the meeting isn't due to the damn window being open.

because we have sold our best in the past we have increased the expectations amongst our players their agents and other clubs all of which unsettles us every time a window opens effects our commitment and teamwork and our results I cite our migtylland ones and poor start and our recent slump as examples

Last season we got away with it largely because Morgan buckled down and accepted the situation and we had the nucleus of a good team spirit for the newbies to settle into quickly this has.not been the case this year as our mix of locally grown talent versus journeyman or players using us as a stepping stone upwards has changed too

People really should read the whole article before posting. It leaves us a mere £30 million.

Tell them to poke it. If it indeed exists, which I doubt.

30mill for a player that has scored 3 goals in 19 games this season and is starting to behave like a spoilt brat.

Sounds like a good deal to me and let's sell his fellow African while we are at it.

Mane threatened to not play for Red Bull when they set a high transfer that stopped other clubs interest, until we came in and paid it.

But ive heard that Mane was in london last Thursday and totally got lost coming back !

Where and how has he acted like a spoilt brat?????

I said starting to and if you read Koemans comments about training ground attitude and his lateness.

If they don't want to play for us then ship them out or don't you think 20 million profit is good in 15 months.

This is our model for the future and whilst I wish all our good players would stay the fact is they won't. More importantly he is not really contributing to the team as last season and just maybe they will get a couple of players who are better.

2 hours late according to Telegraph. I don't think he will wear the shirt again.

He wasn't 2 hours late for a meeting. If that's what the Torygraph actually wrote then they are more stupid than I thought. He was late for the team meeting that started 2 hours before kick-off. Watch the interview with Ronald, rather than rely on rubbish reporting in the Torygraph.

If you read the article it says... £30m in transfer fee + £32.5m in wages on a 5 year contract = £62.5m

Except the article doesn't say it, you need to work it out from the salary quoted.

Ridiculous click bait headline anyway.

He wasn't 2 hours late for a meeting. If that's what the Torygraph actually wrote then they are more stupid than I thought. He was late for the team meeting that started 2 hours before kick-off. Watch the interview with Ronald, rather than rely on rubbish reporting in the Torygraph.

Or, read the Telegraph article and quote it accurately.

Heaven forbid that anyone on here would take a cynical view... But any chance the club/RK are making more of the 'late' incident than was needed to turn the fans against Mane, so that when they sell him... They get less grief... A few weeks ago.. It was he's not going anywhere for £100 million... Now everyone thinks he's a lazy arrogant pain in the a*se and we may as well take £30 million for him... All seems a bit contrived to me..

Heaven forbid that anyone on here would take a cynical view... But any chance the club/RK are making more of the 'late' incident than was needed to turn the fans against Mane, so that when they sell him... They get less grief... A few weeks ago.. It was he's not going anywhere for £100 million... Now everyone thinks he's a lazy arrogant pain in the a*se and we may as well take £30 million for him... All seems a bit contrived to me..

Except he's been late for things before and been punished before.

He won't go in January but probably will in the summer provided someone actually comes in for him, which may require a little bit more of a contribution from now until May.

The events over the weekend will have no bearing on those outcomes.

The £100m thing was about no one going in January which no one will.

Yep, the clubs PR machine is in overdrive feeding stories to the media to make Mane look bad and soften the blow when he leaves. They are doing the same with Koeman and his contract, deliberately feeding lines to the press about it so that Koeman quits and we don't have to offer him a pay rise. This is more evidence of the LACK OF AMBITION from the penny pinching board.

Really don't think Manu will be trying to sign Mane this month. They are after much bigger targets than an out of form, low scoring, ill-disciplined lower mid table player now. Mane wouldn't get near their team if they get Neymar and/or Bale as is being touted. Even thug features has managed to score a goal again.

According to MLT, the Mané incident wasn't as clear cut as it was made to sound...

The team's standard Friday evening hotel meeting was brought forward by ten minutes, and the players were messaged in order to let them know.

Sadio didn't get the message in time and turned up at the previously arranged time, thus making him ten minutes late.

Ronald decided to drop him from the team and enforce the rules.

Now seeing as players don't share rooms anymore, I can kind of understand if Sadio was actually sleeping in his hotel room that evening and actually didn't get the message.

So yeah, he did turn up late, but it's certainly not such a flagrant rule break as it was made to appear in some quarters.

Source: http://freshsaints.com/interview-talking-with-le-tiss/

Really don't think Manu will be trying to sign Mane this month. They are after much bigger targets than an out of form, low scoring, ill-disciplined lower mid table player now. Mane wouldn't get near their team if they get Neymar and/or Bale as is being touted. Even thug features has managed to score a goal again.

You really belief that Neymar bs? He ain't going anywhere near Man U just as Messi isn't going to city. Press must have hated his clear statement after ballon d'or about never leaving Barca. Even they can't bring themselves to have a back page now that everyone knows isn't true.

• 2 weeks later...