United to bid for Mane?

SuperSAINT

Ridiculous to think we cannot keep players here, or that we just bend over backwards when a player decides he wants to leave or a team wants one of our players. I cannot stand Levy, but he does a brilliant job at getting a lot of money for their players, much like we do tbf.

I don't think he is good enough for Man Utd, especially as I cannot see him displacing Depay.

He is replaceable, just not this window, we have to keep him.

If you keep on losing players, you eventually dont get so lucky with replacements and you end up not scoring enough goals (I am genuinely worried about that for this season), or leaking too many. I'm not saying we're particularly in danger of getting relegated this season, but many teams have improved and we have got considerably worse.

This is Les Reed we are talking about, i'm amazed CB fry has come down on you like a tonne of bricks already. Thou shalt not raise a dissenting voice against the club ;)

The big 5 plus Spurs constantly try to unsettle players at all other clubs so they agitate for a move. At last some X-PL players are coming out & saying that the big 5 plus Spurs get the decisions from referees (Etherington, Shearer etc on twitter). The CL/PL is designed to keep the big clubs happy, just look at the seeding for the draws.

Its self perpetuating b o 11 o c k s & I am not even sure why I bother with it anymore. Players would rather sit on the bench & bank the cash than play the game they must have once upon a time loved to play for playing sake.

I am not in the least bit surprised other clubs are interested in Mane. The boy as bags of potential, but is a long way from the finished article. If he goes, he goes. Nothing we can do about it whilst our best paid player is on £60k pw.

There is no integrity in the game. The arrogance from the likes of Mourinho etc is embarrassing.

Two games into the season & im already ****ed off with it.

Right, I will go & slit my wrists now!!!

Happy to confirm that we are in no way ruffling Manchester United's feathers.

Ok we aren't going to ever catch them anytime in the near future. But last season for some time we were above them and I'd say wining at old Trafford might have annoyed then some what. They and others from the big 6 just want to ensure we can't compete when it comes to playing them.

Well glad that has been cleared up. Sadly our best players are always going to be subject to rumours each window. If it unsettles us (just look at this thread!) then it must be really unsettling for the player(s).

The window should shut on the night before the first game. Really should.

You'd think our owners would have some sort of Alpine retreat where they could lock the squad away for the summer with no contact with the outside world

17a2.JPG

Obviously would hate to see him go, but if we got £25m+ plus Jakuzi or whatever his name is on loan with an option to buy, then also bought Austin with some of the proceeds, I'd be quite happy tbh. One thing we can be certain of is that the club have several ideal replacements identified for every player in any case, so we shouldn't really be panicking anyway.

Ok we aren't going to ever catch them anytime in the near future. But last season for some time we were above them and I'd say wining at old Trafford might have annoyed then some what. They and others from the big 6 just want to ensure we can't compete when it comes to playing them.

No, they want to buy good players for their team. They're not bidding for Scott Dann so they can win headers when they go to Selhurst Park.

martinez confirmed united bid up to £50m for barkley last year or so ago. it was rejected

Not saying he didn't but do you have a link for that? I'd be massively surprised if any club other than city could turn down 50m bids for a player who is pretty inconsistent. As for mane would be gutted to see him go. Genuinely feel there is little good coming from just getting these players for just one season all the time. Creates a disconnect between players and the team and as others have said luck with signings will eventually run out surely!

Sounds like you have a bit of a nervous disposition pal, wouldn't want you along side me in the trenches. Last year you cried and wailed , if he goes it will be bad but calm down and get some perspective.

Ha, whatever.

Thing is, all the people who "played it cool" over the summer probably acted like that to appear so because for some reason, a reputation means something to them. On an internet forum. Reality is, they were probably not so confident it'd work out.

As it happened, everything did go swimmingly but I think there were plenty more fans concerned than unconcerned in some of the bad weeks last year.

So we believe the mail now? Link?

Fortunately, the clue is in the post.....however it doesn't actually say that....it states we've told them to increase their offer.....

Manchester United made shock £15m bid for Sadio Mane while stalling on Pedro... but are told to up fee to £25m to land Saints star

Very good post.

I apologise, but the phrase "complacency" keeps springing to mind.

Certain people at SMS have got too full of themselves. They need to come up with a strategy to make the club more attractive to new players AND to say f**k off to the big 6.

6925768adf576a50597fb483be955a8f.jpg

Seriously, whats the f**king point any more ?

12 days of the window left, and we are doing f**k all to fend off big clubs and the media. At the same time we are p*ssing about on making good our defensive losses.

We'll go for 20M+ and replace him for 3M.

Too much complacency at SMS.

Feel really, really low...

We will get relegated if we are not careful, mark my words.

Hmm.

I guess no one saw this coming. Meaning its very likely to be nonsense and I am inclined to believe the theory that this is news intended to deflect the from the Pedro debacle.

That said, Mane's agent will be absolutely loving this development. Wasn't he quoted as saying Mane would be at a Champions League club before too long last season?

Not saying he didn't but do you have a link for that? I'd be massively surprised if any club other than city could turn down 50m bids for a player who is pretty inconsistent. As for mane would be gutted to see him go. Genuinely feel there is little good coming from just getting these players for just one season all the time. Creates a disconnect between players and the team and as others have said luck with signings will eventually run out surely!

martinez

we already turned down a £50million bid from (Manchester) United so we’re not going to take £38million from Liverpool.

last year ;)

@SimonPeach: #SaintsFC have no intention of selling Sadio Mané - I am told no deal is on the table & there's been no contact from #MUFC

That's not what the BBC say....they are saying that SFC have acknowledged interest from M.U.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33995543

Sort it out Auntie.

So even when there's no interest there's interest. We'll see in about 12 days time I guess.

Edited by Window Cleaner

The big 5 plus Spurs constantly try to unsettle players at all other clubs so they agitate for a move. At last some X-PL players are coming out & saying that the big 5 plus Spurs get the decisions from referees (Etherington, Shearer etc on twitter). The CL/PL is designed to keep the big clubs happy, just look at the seeding for the draws.

Its self perpetuating b o 11 o c k s & I am not even sure why I bother with it anymore. Players would rather sit on the bench & bank the cash than play the game they must have once upon a time loved to play for playing sake.

I am not in the least bit surprised other clubs are interested in Mane. The boy as bags of potential, but is a long way from the finished article. If he goes, he goes. Nothing we can do about it whilst our best paid player is on £60k pw.

There is no integrity in the game. The arrogance from the likes of Mourinho etc is embarrassing.

Two games into the season & im already ****ed off with it.

Right, I will go & slit my wrists now!!!

Maybe it's time the little 14 formed a voting block and faced up to the six and Sky.

That's not what the BBC say....they are saying that SFC have acknowledged interest from M.U.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33995543

Sort it out Auntie.

So even when there's no interest there's interest. We'll see in about 12 days time I guess.

I've just watched South Today and that's exactly what they said as a direct quote from the club.

Why doesn't this happen to Swansea? Similar size club, similar standing in the modern game. Apart from Bony i cant think of any other high profile departures.

Anyway just musing really - glad that is looks like a non starter.

Why doesn't this happen to Swansea? Similar size club, similar standing in the modern game. Apart from Bony i cant think of any other high profile departures.

This

Perhaps the top teams think our players are better?

And Sigurdsson, in a similar way to how we lost Toby. Michu sort of, until he got injured.

Swansea don't really have any high profile players, just a solid squad with a decent team ethic. If they had anyone like Clyne or Morgan they would lose them too.

they have a major trophy to their name, maybe we have underachieved if most of our players are/were better?

:D;)

I don't see what a trophy has to do with it? Doesn't matter how many trophies they win if the bidding club is interested in other players. :mcinnes:

And Sigurdsson, in a similar way to how we lost Toby. Michu sort of, until he got injured.

Swansea don't really have any high profile players, just a solid squad with a decent team ethic. If they had anyone like Clyne or Morgan they would lose them too.

Not to mention Ben Davies who went from Swansea to Spurs last summer, there was Vorm as well.

This

Swansea haven't had as many players the top clubs would want as Saints, but they have still lost the following when the big boys come calling...

Wilfried Bony to Man City

Ben Davies to Spurs

Michael Vorm to Spurs

Scott Sinclair to Man City

Joe Allen to Liverpool

Brendan Rodgers to Liverpool

Whatever is happening all this is bound to have an unsettling effect on Mane and right now that is a big concern.

To my mind he is our match winner and to lose him would be pretty disastrous.

I am sure the club will try and hold on to him but he has an excitable nature and I am not sure he would react well to being denied a move.

Probably should have thought about that before he signed a contract with us.

We weren't "interested" in selling Lallana, Lovren, Clyne, Walcott, Oxlade, Lambert, Bale either. Not saying we'll definitely sell Mane, but the club saying we're not interested in selling means absolutely nothing.

The club could absolutely quash any speculation in a split second.

As they have done.

So in fact Swansea do have this problem and so will Everton when Barkley, Coleman and Lukaku decide they want to play Champions league football. Mirallas won't sign a new deal atm and only has one year left, he's one of their best players. Not saying I think Mane will go this window but if and when they're good enough they will go if they really want to and the 'big top 4 club' really wants them.

Apparently the club have said that neither Fonte and Mane are for sale so no need to wet the bed tonight lads.

I'd like to see that as an actual quote from the club (which I expect I will in the next x hours). As I haven't I'm still prepared to believe it as I cannot imagine that we would want to sell either. Mane is going nowhere soon unless of course manure come up with circa £50 mil and they won't.

I'd like to see that as an actual quote from the club (which I expect I will in the next x hours). As I haven't I'm still prepared to believe it as I cannot imagine that we would want to sell either. Mane is going nowhere soon unless of course manure come up with circa £50 mil and they won't.

Oh of course we don't want to sell, outcome and effect depend on how Mané reacts though.