United to bid for Mane?

SuperSAINT

They're clearly in the market for an out an out striker. Not sure mane is the man for that roll. I'd be shocked to see him leave this window, he's still got a lot to prove before looking at a top 4 side.

How are they clearly in the market for an out and out striker? They haven't really been linked with anyone other than Pedro who isn't that. If they have moved on from Pedro, Mane wouldn't be an unrealistic alternative. He's younger and better anyway and has shown that he can cut it in the premier league.

I find this really hard to believe this is true, however if United offer £25m+ then he will be off.

would Austin & a new £10m AMC be better than keeping Mane?

Impossible to answer that when a) it's already been reported that we don't want Austin and we wouldn't have to sell Mane to get him and b) what does £10m AMC actually mean and how could anyone say if that's better without any clue as to who the player could be?

Shame they didn't post this story a couple of hours ago so Ronald could have nipped it in the bud at the press conference like with the Fonte nonsense. Almost like they held off so the story would get more interest...

Anyway, can't see any reason why we would want or need to sell him, so unless they came in with an absolutely ridiculous offer can't see it happening and even then it would be a long shot.

How are they clearly in the market for an out and out striker? They haven't really been linked with anyone other than Pedro who isn't that. If they have moved on from Pedro, Mane wouldn't be an unrealistic alternative. He's younger and better anyway and has shown that he can cut it in the premier league.

The fact LVG keeps referring to the point he wants a goalscorer to drop Rooney back to last seasons role. Back in for Muller too who bayerns main striker these days.

The fact LVG keeps referring to the point he wants a goalscorer to drop Rooney back to last seasons role. Back in for Muller too who bayerns main striker these days.

The Muller deal looks almost impossible to do. Utd were clearly in the hunt for Pedro so are looking for forward options. Mane wouldn't be the main striker but would be a flexible option across their forward line. Wouldn't be quick to rule out that they are interested is the main point.

Praet & Austin for Mane?

I know journos get a bit desperate at this point in the transfer window when there is nothing to report but this really does take the biscuit. It really is bonkers on so many levels. As for the people who think we should sell and buy Charlie Austin - yes Charlie Austin!!!!!!!!!!!! - I despair. What we should be doing once this window is closed is moving heaven and earth to get Mane's contract extended but maybe that's how this fairy tale came about - Mane's agent thinking about how they were going to get that. Still move on. Nothing to be seen here.

Can all other sides just F *ck off and leave us alone! Really getting fed up of this now

Entirely brought on by our own weakness and not being assertive with a big get lost ! We cave in every time so do you expect!!!!

Poor management on our part it's no wonder we continue to get raided. Money is no use what so ever without class players..... Money cannot defend or score goals but our management are great at own goals!

Draw a line in the sand or face the consequences !

Entirely brought on by our own weakness and not being assertive with a big get lost ! We cave in every time so do you expect!!!!

Poor management on our part it's no wonder we continue to get raided. Money is no use what so ever without class players..... Money cannot defend or score goals but our management are great at own goals!

Draw a line in the sand or face the consequences !

What a crock of **** this post it. We haven't caved in for anyone. We've got over the odds money for everyone we've sold (possible exception of Clyne).

I reckon Sir Les would take 25M

Can't see United paying more than 20M though.... But if they are stupid enough to pay more then we will accept.

If JayRod gets back to his former level then we could be ok really as we have Juanmi also and with the funds we would probably get Austin too....

The one thing I do like about Sadio is his unpredictability though and he certainly knows where the back of the net is. So would be sad to see him go after only one season...

SSN saying that Utd interest is genuine. They feel he would be cheaper than Pedro and offer pace, skill and goals to the side. Offer to follow the interest apparently.

No way we are accepting less than the amount they would have paid for Pedro so nothing to see here I don't think.

No way we are accepting less than the amount they would have paid for Pedro so nothing to see here I don't think.

Who knows really. If Utd have already made contact, they might have been given an indication that this would be the case. They've sacked the Pedro deal off for a good reason you would presume.

SSN saying that Utd interest is genuine. They feel he would be cheaper than Pedro and offer pace, skill and goals to the side. Offer to follow the interest apparently.

The Telegraph article in the OP says they believe a bid was put in last week...funny we only hear about them wanting Mane after Chelsea scupper the Pedro deal. Almost like they need a replacement story :suspicious:

why would you be sick now? we have gone 12 months letting our best players leave at a completely unprecedented level....its what we clearly do

"Letting" isn't the word I'd use. The players get huge wage rises, Champions League football and Saints get large sums of money to bring in new players.