Saints willing to listen to offers for Pelle?

BridgnorthSaint

Christ they will be after Doris the tea-lady next....

If this happens that's it for me. I'm sick to f**king death of all this. It's f**king pointless to support this shower much longer.

Joke club. No ambition. No direction. Hapless. Hopeless. Doomed. F**k off. C*nts.

If this happens that's it for me. I'm sick to f**king death of all this. It's f**king pointless to support this shower much longer.

Joke club. No ambition. No direction. Hapless. Hopeless. Doomed. F**k off. C*nts.

This.

I'm handing back my ST and switching to coffee.

She's also injury prone. I bet she'll do her hamstring in the first week, we did well to get rid imho.

We might get by with a hamstring as she can prop herself against the tea trolley and hobble.

Our luck would be a broken wrist, in which case people will end up having to get their own...

Back on track, well almost. Couldn't see anything about Pelle but did see a feature about Eva Carneiro. Her ex partner claims that she told him she had slept with a Chelsea player and that she often got calls in the evening to go and give players, ahem, "rub downs." Jose was probably miffed that he was missing out on the action!

hope so. Get rid and get Austin in. THAT would be good

I'm glad you're confident of Austin's ability to drop into midfield, hold up play and win the ball in the air outside and inside the box... at probably twice the wages.

Back on track, well almost. Couldn't see anything about Pelle but did see a feature about Eva Carneiro. Her ex partner claims that she told him she had slept with a Chelsea player and that she often got calls in the evening to go and give players, ahem, "rub downs." Jose was probably miffed that he was missing out on the action!

Yeah, I heard there was some off-field action with one of the players that Jose didn't appreciate. Eva sent to the stands, John Terry taken off at half time. You make the link, guys. #justsaying

I'm glad you're confident of Austin's ability to drop into midfield, hold up play and win the ball in the air outside and inside the box... at probably twice the wages.

Tbf Pelle doesn't often successfully do that either .

I would happily get rid if we had a decent replacement.

Someone said he was a consistent goal scorer . Really ? He misses alot more often than he scores . Consistent is the wrong word . Average is more accurate.

Someone said he was a consistent goal scorer . Really ? He misses alot more often than he scores . Consistent is the wrong word . Average is more accurate.

And probably about as good as we can afford in the crazy world of Modern football. Chances of us seeing another 20+ goal a season striker at saints are pretty low baring a bit of a fluke or one of the academy boys doing a Harry Kane.

He plays with passion (just look at his face when he scores), has strength, holds up play well, bit 50-50 on his lay-offs but doesn't give up, scored a good total last season and has done well (in Europe at least) this season. Comes across well, doesn't seem to be an ar sehole which is refreshing, and seems to want to be here.

But you'd rather take a chance on some unknown, untried striker that would necessitate us changing our entire system to accommodate? Hmmm….

A few seem very willing to ditch Pelle. I think he's done well. Yes Austin played for a poor team, but Pelle played for a largely defensive team, and didn't take penalties. Let's see how Pelle does this season, personally I think he'll score more than last season easily.

Austin is decent, but it is just 1 premier league season and the price is very high. Would have liked him if cheaper, but then which one starts, they couldn't likely play together. As it is, we can put Rodriguez central or play Long.

Pelle is annoying in his workrate, he doesn't pressure defenders enough, but his positioning is very good. Anyone know why he doesn't take penalties? He's got a good right foot, strikes it cleanly, surely all strikers should be eager to score more?

Agreed with this. He was decent against Everton and already has 3 goals to his name in 4 games.

LEAGUE form is what Pelle and Mane have to be judged on..... and their conversion rate since feb has been dire..... hopefully it will improve and they will form a stunning partnership. I do not want to see either go but if they take the cheque they have to deliver the goods and Saints need at least one of them to start banging in League goals....when the chances arise....

Austin that not one club has bought for the whole of the summer too

good point.

I do remember an interview with the palace chairman about 3 weeks ago.

He said they pulled out of any deal in trying to get austin as he had many deals on the table from clubs who can offer bigger terms than palace

will be interesting to see where he ends up

Edited by Batman

LEAGUE form is what Pelle and Mane have to be judged on..... and their conversion rate since feb has been dire..... hopefully it will improve and they will form a stunning partnership. I do not want to see either go but if they take the cheque they have to deliver the goods and Saints need at least one of them to start banging in League goals....when the chances arise....

Pelle and Mane have 14 goals in 20 since February, 7 each. In comparison, the much lauded Charlie Austin has 6 (2 in the championship). I don't know about the % conversion rates for these guys but they clearly aren't doing badly. Certainly not badly enough to be discarded without a serious replacement.

good point.

I do remember an interview with the palace chairman about 3 weeks ago.

He said they pulled out of any deal in trying to get austin as he had many deals on the table from clubs who can offer bigger terms than palace

will be interesting to see where he ends up

Did I hear that he is on £75k a week at QPR?

Mmm....like the 8 times he hit the woodwork last season. At least that guy in Row Z felt safer than when some of the others had a shot ......

He snatches at shots and misses the target more than he should. Crikey, he had 2 free headers on Saturday and neither were on target.

Pelle and Mane have 14 goals in 20 since February, 7 each. In comparison, the much lauded Charlie Austin has 6 (2 in the championship). I don't know about the % conversion rates for these guys but they clearly aren't doing badly. Certainly not badly enough to be discarded without a serious replacement.

Pelle got 4 league goals from the beginning of February to the end of the season.... he has one this campaign.... so that is 5 league goals.