Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

Reed and Koeman made it very clear nobody is leaving the club in the next couple of weeks. So I expect Wanyama is going to spit his dummy out just like Spider did last year.

The bottom line is something is not right at the moment as it seems everyone wants to leave.

Real shame as I have high hopes for this club but the last four games feels like we are a million miles away from what we produced last season.

I love Saints always will but so sick of seeing our players go to the same clubs every season,Spurs,Liverpool,United how about producing your own fuc king players and stop being so fuc king obsessed with us.

He's done three crossfield passes that haven't come off in the past 12 months. That's probably because he was told to stop trying to do it.

Unfortunately some people ONLY see that and forget the fact he's been superb for us the other 99.9% of the time.

There was one on Thursday that annoyed me. JWP was open for a short pass and Victor chose instead to drive the ball out to the left wing and into the crowd. JWP was not impressed.

Lets be honest with ourselves - this was going to happen sooner rather than later. I think we'll look to tie Vic down for at least another season, the board know it would be daft to sell such an important player this late in the window without adequate time to replace him. If we can make a deal that we'll sell him next summer (similar to what we did with Morgan about this time last year), that gives us plenty of time to scout a replacement and prepare properly.

As fans I think we have to realise that this is going to happen to us from now on. We're playing in one of the biggest leagues in the world with a spotlight on all of our players every week - anyone who performs well at this level will always have admirers from higher up the food chain and we have to be prepared to lose players. It's naive to think that we'll be able to keep all of our outstanding players with the way that football is at this level nowadays. The days of MLT, Benali, Dodd etc are gone and footballers are an ambitious breed now. Our first loyalty as fans is to the club, and we just have to trust that we can adapt to our position in the food chain and recruit players to maintain the quality of our team.

Unless Ms Liebherr decides to give us £200m to spend on new players next summer, I think we'll have to get used to this from now on. It's just the way it is.

Reed and Koeman made it very clear nobody is leaving the club in the next couple of weeks. So I expect Wanyama is going to spit his dummy out just like Spider did last year.

The bottom line is something is not right at the moment as it seems everyone wants to leave.

Real shame as I have high hopes for this club but the last four games feels like we are a million miles away from what we produced last season.

They're words do mean nothing mine. I tend to disregard anything they say when it comes to transfers.

Lets be honest with ourselves - this was going to happen sooner rather than later. I think we'll look to tie Vic down for at least another season, the board know it would be daft to sell such an important player this late in the window without adequate time to replace him. If we can make a deal that we'll sell him next summer (similar to what we did with Morgan about this time last year), that gives us plenty of time to scout a replacement and prepare properly.

As fans I think we have to realise that this is going to happen to us from now on. We're playing in one of the biggest leagues in the world with a spotlight on all of our players every week - anyone who performs well at this level will always have admirers from higher up the food chain and we have to be prepared to lose players. It's naive to think that we'll be able to keep all of our outstanding players with the way that football is at this level nowadays. The days of MLT, Benali, Dodd etc are gone and footballers are an ambitious breed now. Our first loyalty as fans is to the club, and we just have to trust that we can adapt to our position in the food chain and recruit players to maintain the quality of our team.

Unless Ms Liebherr decides to give us £200m to spend on new players next summer, I think we'll have to get used to this from now on. It's just the way it is.

Not true if this season turns to be as bad as half the posters on here reckon we'll finish 17th and no one will want any of our players we will be like Sunderland and everyone will be very happy.

I don't think that that is the problem and we all realise that. It's just the manner it is done in that is so unattractive.

Not true if this season turns to be as bad as half the posters on here reckon we'll finish 17th and no one will want any of our players we will be like Sunderland and everyone will be very happy.

Bit of a Catch-22 isn't it?

:)

I've gone into pragmatic mode. Nothing I can do about it (apart from buying my season ticket or not). Therefore have poured myself a nice big glass of Bourbon.

I have had an idea guys, hear me out:

How about instead of taking every rumour as probably true and embarrassing ourselves by wailing about it on here, we try to remain calm and see what team we have come 1st September?

My reasons are:

1. Half the time the rumours aren't true (yet).

2. It doesn't make any difference what we say or do when it is true anyway.

I have had an idea guys, hear me out:

How about instead of taking every rumour as probably true and embarrassing ourselves by wailing about it on here, we try to remain calm and see what team we have come 1st September?

My reasons are:

1. Half the time the rumours aren't true (yet).

2. It doesn't make any difference what we say or do when it is true anyway.

Fair point but then might as well not both having football forums.

Fans love transfer gossip/drivel. If we stop threads about it then whats left to comment on apart from Betfair joining as a new commercial partner?

Bit of a Catch-22 isn't it?

:)

I've gone into pragmatic mode. Nothing I can do about it (apart from buying my season ticket or not). Therefore have poured myself a nice big glass of Bourbon.

Well quite if we buy the good players people want bigger clubs will come after them of course we could buy sh it players and then we get to keep them. Sadly money has ruined the modern game and alcohol seems like a good substitute :toppa:

By the way it's no surprise. He blabbed his mouth in summer about wanting to join arsenal and then had to backtrack and delete tweets.

The Morgan sized hole I mentioned a few weeks ago would be gaping if Wanyama managed to force his way out.

My concern is that the players are unsettled for the first month of the season.

Unsettled how? I want what he's got unsettled? Do these guys not have any male pride which makes them want to give 100% whatever the case? I got a pint of shandy and bag of bovril crisps when i played but never dreamt about not giving 100% when the big boys came calling with promises of Kroney 1664 and a bag of pickled onion Monster Munch

Well quite if we buy the good players people want bigger clubs will come after them of course we could buy sh it players and then we get to keep them. Sadly money has ruined the modern game and alcohol seems like a good substitute :toppa:

Money has also enabled a brilliant last 5 seasons for Saints.

No other reason the best players of the likes of Feyenoord, Sporting and Celtic are happy to leave those clubs for ours.

Nothing to worry about. It's just Spurs stirring. We're moaning on here about bringing in quality, they've had a massive struggle bringing in players. Toby was the only one who was on their first choice of targets. Although when I heard who they missed out on it's not difficult to see why.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Just saw it on sky sports. Be interesting to find out his reasons. Clubs lack of ambition? Too many players leaving or just wanting more cash? Be a real shame if he ends up at spuds.

not much point in joining spurs then. Victor has mentioned wanting to (surprise ****ing surprise) play CL so Spurs is a pretty pointless move (more chance than us of playing CL but not much chance of being a regular CL side either) sadly for all these players in the PL who are desperate to play CL the top four teams only need so many players. You'd think if they were desperate to play CL they'd move to another country or join a team like Celtic or Ajax......

Someone please get on to Alex Crooks Twitter and tell him he is completely wrong regarding VW. The story has been leaked from Spurs. No idea who communicated it to Spurs.

Cannot challenge Crook myself due to work.

Someone please get on to Alex Crooks Twitter and tell him he is completely wrong regarding VW. The story has been leaked from Spurs. No idea who communicated it to Spurs.

Blimey, it's not like Crook to be wrong.

The amount of over emotional tosh on this thread is proper cringe. Seriously, you'll all look back at this in a few weeks and feel quite silly for being so OTT.

You are of course quite right (and I've had a bit of a rant).

Doubt Les at your peril, he has always pulled rabbits out of hats for us. I don't think this season will be the same.

Can't believe some knobs actually make a living peddling ****e.

I challenged Crook a couple of years back and had hundreds of Saints fans abusing me telling me to "leave him alone". I wasn't rude, just told him he was talking rubbish and doesn't have any credible sources. He insulted me then deleted me.

If only I could get on there now....

This should clear it up but will need to wait til tomorrow for breaking news:

@BroadcastMoose: Lot of rumours @SpursOfficial target @VictorWanyama has asked to leave @SouthamptonFC - I'm seeing them at @WatfordFC tomorrow so will ask

Good to see we've got our best man on it.

Money has also enabled a brilliant last 5 seasons for Saints.

No other reason the best players of the likes of Feyenoord, Sporting and Celtic are happy to leave those clubs for ours.

Not disagreeing but I still think money is ruining the game. Personally I'd cap player wages world wide at £1000 a week, make all player transfers 500 quid regardless of player, tickets would be a fiver a game and I'd give the TV money to charity....

Not disagreeing but I still think money is ruining the game. Personally I'd cap player wages world wide at £1000 a week, make all player transfers 500 quid regardless of player, tickets would be a fiver a game and I'd give the TV money to charity....

I agree, I loved football in the 1930's too, but it's never going to happen.

I'd sell for 20 million. He's great defensively but he's not good enough with the ball to justify that sort of fee. His contract situation means we have to sell next summer anyway

Except our midfield is currently more open than a tarts legs. We need to keep Victor this season and then let him go next summer.

I agree, I loved football in the 1930's too, but it's never going to happen.

I love the footie and I'm just another guilty enabler like most of us... but when you really think about the money in modern football it's ****ing obscene. People going to food banks to feed their kids while footballers demand a move because they need to earn another 30 grand a week......don't really make sense.