Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

Makes you wonder what happened to turn Wanyama's head??

He was fully committed. Very surprised by he U-turn.

He's such a nice guy. Can't believe how he's let himself, the players, the club and fans down.

Actually don't want him here any more. He's ruined Europe and disrupted team spirit.

How is Wanyama responsible for our Euro exit ? The whole team was poor , the formation and squad were wrong and the tactics were abysmal .

Wanyama is hardly at fault for that is he ?

Hi guys, there's quite a few of you on ours so I thought I'd join here - quite interesting reads.

Literally just to ask a question - what sell on percentage do we have for the big guy. We all have our 'ideas' but nobody really has any clue, maybe you guys do.

We all have a soft spot for Southampton on our end - good club, nice fans (bar this one w*nker on our forum) and a soul - unlike other EPL teams. Know how it feels continuously having to buy and sell, repeating the process ad infinitum. Its heartbreaking as a fan and you really question your beliefs in football sometimes. Can't say I feel that sorry for you guys (tongue firmly in cheek). At least you guys get a bucket load of cash and can spend quite a bit, paying big wages. You (sort of) get to buy an established player. Whilst he may not be polished most of the time, it's more than we can hope for.

As for Wanyama, I don't have as glowing an opinion of him as other Celtic fans do. He's a £12m brick wall in my mind - a battering ram. However, at his best he is very effective at what he does. A Tottenham or Arsenal could really do with that sort of player and leave the fancy stuff to other more tchnically gifted players.

He hasn't progressed as much as we thought he would: vision, passing, shooting and reading the game. Still sloppy and and quite a bumbling player. I certainly don't think he's as good as he believes.

His agent is a right tool. Far too much to say for himself and money orientated. I wouldn't be surprised if he was engineering all of this unrest. Unfortunately these African lads are mislead wildly by agents who take advantage of the players and their families, due to the crippling financial difficulties they face at home.

Anyway, good luck for the season ahead!

Cheers for the comments.

But I don't think Wanyama comes from a particularly poor background.

And he's a grown man, can't put the blame at the agent's door, Wanyama can make his own decisions.

As for Wanyama, I don't have as glowing an opinion of him as other Celtic fans do. He's a £12m brick wall in my mind - a battering ram. However, at his best he is very effective at what he does. A Tottenham or Arsenal could really do with that sort of player and leave the fancy stuff to other more tchnically gifted players.

I think it's a misconception that Tottenham have lots of technically gifted players, maybe on the basis that it fits with their image. Look at their team at tell me where that talent is. Eriksen & Lamela are probably the only two - and Lamela has the problem that aside from his technical ability he has been awful for 2 years. Chadli is just an effective/productive goalscoring midfielder and Kane can't be put in that category either. Townsend doesn't get a game.

I'd go as far to say that Wanyama will only marginally improve their team, which already includes Dembele, Mason & Bentaleb. It's not like they are missing a holding midfielder, just looking for an upgrade.

Roger,

While it seems you know him (possibly!), it is ridiculous to throw your toys out because a contract isn't to your liking. Has he thought of saying that he doesn't like it and try and negotiate, or do you think making yourself unavailable for selection is the best method of proceeding?

I think it's a misconception that Tottenham have lots of technically gifted players, maybe on the basis that it fits with their image. Look at their team at tell me where that talent is. Eriksen & Lamela are probably the only two - and Lamela has the problem that aside from his technical ability he has been awful for 2 years. Chadli is just an effective/productive goalscoring midfielder and Kane can't be put in that category either. Townsend doesn't get a game.

I'd go as far to say that Wanyama will only marginally improve their team, which already includes Dembele, Mason & Bentaleb. It's not like they are missing a holding midfielder, just looking for an upgrade.

I didn't say they have technically gifted players specifically, just that they can leave the fancy stuff to A more technically gifted player and leave the knitty gritty to Wanyama.

A bit like Makalele - couldn't really pass or score that well but he helped protect the back wall and break up play. Makes you back four feel confident and composed. Although Wanyama is not at Makalele.

I didn't say they have technically gifted players specifically, just that they can leave the fancy stuff to A more technically gifted player and leave the knitty gritty to Wanyama.

A bit like Makalele - couldn't really pass or score that well but he helped protect the back wall and break up play. Makes you back four feel confident and composed. Although Wanyama is not at Makalele.

What's your view on Virgil by the way? How will he cope in the PL? From what I've seen he looks a very silky CB, but has a lot of time up there in the SPL to showcase his skills.

What's your view on Virgil by the way? How will he cope in the PL? From what I've seen he looks a very silky CB, but has a lot of time up there in the SPL to showcase his skills.

Aw man, since our euro calamity I haven't even been enjoying football. The thought of VVD leaving is killing me inside.

The guys is seer quality - moreso than Wanyama - he could do Wanyama's job and more, easily. Tall, strong, great passer and an eye for goal. 9 goals with us which is not bad for a CB. Silky as you say aswell. He was in the 2012/13 Eredivisie team of the season aswell when we signed him at just 21/22.

He stroll's the game up here with ease - obviously. I think sometimes his concentration goes a miss but that is bound to happen when you don't really need to step out 2nd gear playing in Scotland (although not all our teams are as bad as made out and for a country of 5 million, we do well).

I think he may take a few games to get to speed with the EPL, it's a different game when your going to one of the top 5 leagues. However that is to be expected.

He'll iron out his creases and aclimitise in no time.

Aw man, since our euro calamity I haven't even been enjoying football. The thought of VVD leaving is killing me inside.

The guys is seer quality - moreso than Wanyama - he could do Wanyama's job and more, easily. Tall, strong, great passer and an eye for goal. 9 goals with us which is not bad for a CB. Silky as you say aswell. He was in the 2012/13 Eredivisie team of the season aswell when we signed him at just 21/22.

He stroll's the game up here with ease - obviously. I think sometimes his concentration goes a miss but that is bound to happen when you don't really need to step out 2nd gear playing in Scotland (although not all our teams are as bad as made out and for a country of 5 million, we do well).

I think he may take a few games to get to speed with the EPL, it's a different game when your going to one of the top 5 leagues. However that is to be expected.

He'll iron out his creases and aclimitise in no time.

Cheers for the info - much appreciated. If you had to compare him against cb's of yesteryear who would you compare him with? I get the feeling that he is more a Hansen type - likes the ball at his feet and can use it. Mind you I've not seen him play at all.

I don't follow this:

Southampton are working round the clock to prevent Victor Wanyama from leaving the club, Goal can reveal.

and..

The source said: "The Saints have promised to double Wanyama’s pay to convince him to stay. It is a very disturbing scenario but we hope a solution will be reached by the end of transfer window. For now his exit from Southampton is 50-50."

No. We don't have to work around the clock to keep the f^cker, he is under contract.

No solution to be reached, and unless Saints deem otherwise there is no % prospect of him making an exit.

I don't follow this:

and..

No. We don't have to work around the clock to keep the f^cker, he is under contract.

No solution to be reached, and unless Saints deem otherwise there is no % prospect of him making an exit.

So what is the bottom line here. (Ignoring the financial loss of having an expensive, idle player in the U21s) We obviously hold his player registration but can he break the contract and 'resign' from Saints? If so what happens to his registration, can we ensure that he can't play for another team for two years?

I don't follow this:

and..

Koeman and Les putting in alternate shifts ...ignoring phone calls from him and his agent. All made up sh*t.

I don't follow this:

and..

if there's any truth in it, we are working aroudn the clock to get him interested in signing an extended contract for double the salary.

So what is the bottom line here. (Ignoring the financial loss of having an expensive, idle player in the U21s) We obviously hold his player registration but can he break the contract and 'resign' from Saints? If so what happens to his registration, can we ensure that he can't play for another team for two years?

We hold his registration and whilst we do he can't play for anyone else.

I get the distinct impression that Koeman is not someone to cross, and Wanyama must have crossed him big-time for RK to make a public comment like "I left him out of the squad because he's not physically or mentally fit to play".

The mix of which Wanyama is a part - our midfield - got a lot thicker on Sunday. JWP found a niche that has been lacking in his game for a long time, and Romeu was outstanding. I realize that this might be a heresy on here but I found myself thinking that Romeu might even end up being an upgrade on Schneiderlin. While he's not as good as Schneiderlin at breaking up opposition play (who is, apart from Matic?), he seemed to have better awareness of what to do next, how to turn defence into attack with a shrewd (and often forward) pass.

Add to that the fact that Clasie will soon be ready to play, and the fact that we used width better than we have for ages, and I think Wanyama will not stroll back into the team, even when he removes his head from his arse.

If Vic wants a big move next Summer he's going to have to earn it, and that will have to start with getting back into the side.

Whilst I am not in any way protecting Vic's role in all this (after all, he is a grown man and do what he wants) I think it is fair to say he is very much led by his agent (unless that agent has changed when he joined us) so with his agent agitating for a move I am going to guess that the club have more issues with him than Wanyama.

Really? Looks like utter horse**** to me!

It lost me with the first line about us "working round the clock to prevent him from leaving", which is bull**** as we don't have to do anything to prevent him from leaving!

Whilst I am not in any way protecting Vic's role in all this (after all' date=' he is a grown man and do what he wants) I think it is fair to say he is very much led by his agent (unless that agent has changed when he joined us) so with his agent agitating for a move I am going to guess that the club have more issues with him than Wanyama.[/quote']

So you think his agent is acting against Wanyama's wishes?

I get the distinct impression that Koeman is not someone to cross, and Wanyama must have crossed him big-time for RK to make a public comment like "I left him out of the squad because he's not physically or mentally fit to play".

The mix of which Wanyama is a part - our midfield - got a lot thicker on Sunday. JWP found a niche that has been lacking in his game for a long time, and Romeu was outstanding. I realize that this might be a heresy on here but I found myself thinking that Romeu might even end up being an upgrade on Schneiderlin. While he's not as good as Schneiderlin at breaking up opposition play (who is, apart from Matic?), he seemed to have better awareness of what to do next, how to turn defence into attack with a shrewd (and often forward) pass.

Add to that the fact that Clasie will soon be ready to play, and the fact that we used width better than we have for ages, and I think Wanyama will not stroll back into the team, even when he removes his head from his arse.

If Vic wants a big move next Summer he's going to have to earn it, and that will have to start with getting back into the side.

They were both very good yesterday, but it was at him to 10 man Norwich. No real test yet.

368f7d1f23e31f334979bc902d4bc049.jpg

Inspired. If we all write a letter it might help? here's mine:

Dear Big Vic,

I , as a lifelong Saints fan...

...wish you all the best in your endeavours and hope you are feeling better after your stomach upset this week.

It's a shame you missed the game on Thursday, but I don't think even your 'giant-pirouetting-on-skateboard-whilst-shielding-a-baby-otter' routine would have elevated the 'pile of poo' performance from the whole team enough to scrap a result. Frankly it's a shame the whole team didn't have a stomach bug, perhaps the under 21'a might have shown more guile and gumption. But I digress...

...good luck playing football this season, I hope it is in the stripes (yay stripes!) of Southampton. Since you have joined, Kenya is my favourite of the African countries.

We love you and sing songs for you lots, so please stay; it's about respect.

A Saints Fan (since that thing we won n that that time ago).