Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

Sigh. Probably not 100% true, but wouldn't be surprised. Me, I think I'm just about done with modern football.

Me too mate. A couple of Chelsea supporting friends I know have stopped going to Stamford Bridge because since the money and success it's rammed with bellends who haven't got the first clue about the game, and anyway the success is utterly hollow, pointless and empty because it's just been bought. The only way we can ever win things is if we have an Abramovich takeover so we can buy success and, if we did, I know I would end up feeling like they do.

Should we bother keeping players who don't want to play for the club? With Morgan it was maybe a little different because of the history he had with us.

Would rather have players who want to be here.

Not as simple as that. To late to sell now and replace and also they won't offer enough anyway.

Me too mate. A couple of Chelsea supporting friends I know have stopped going to Stamford Bridge because since the money and success it's rammed with bellends who haven't got the first clue about the game, and anyway the success is utterly hollow, pointless and empty because it's just been bought. The only way we can ever win things is if we have an Abramovich takeover so we can buy success and, if we did, I know I would end up feeling like they do.

Reckon this is my last year. Only carried on as my old man liked it, but he's got dementia now.

His passing is awful though. Maybe the close stuff isn't, but he seems to attempt raking cross the park passes several times a match which never hit the spot.

Still, he's a good battering ram in the middle of the park and we be worse off without him. It's not like we need the money, we've spent little compared to our peers and had more in with player sales to boot.

Seems to be a bit of talk on twitter about it.

At the end of the day you can hardly blame him. When you see so many players leave it must get annoying and you would ask yourself why are you at a club like that.

Well mate I agree with this but when you sign a contract the decent thing would be to honour it- not throw your toys out the pram.

Get over yourself. We knew Morgan was going, and good luck to him and the same for Clyne. Toby was never ours. Hardly a 'kin exodus.

Well he was. Except our first option to buy seemed to be only if no one else was interested. Which isn't really first option is it? It amazes me that people place the blame of that saga at Spurs or Madrids fault. Could never be that we maybe messed it up.

Well he was. Except our first option to buy seemed to be only if no one else was interested. Which isn't really first option is it? It amazes me that people place the blame of that saga at Spurs or Madrids fault. Could never be that we maybe messed it up.

No, we wasn't ours. Wrap it up however you like is, but he wasn't ours. Never was. If he was ours we'd have got the ££. We didn't because we wasn't ours. I'm not sure what you find hard about that concept.

Not with FFP we can't. We will be stuck in a perpetual loop. The game is bent to work for the big clubs - especially when the press will happily print **** they know isn't true.

We could lose Mane and Vic in the next week :lol:

I think I wouldn't come back on here for this season,the meltdown would be catastrophic

We won't sell. We might just have a few ****ed off first teamers.

Lets hope they react the same way Morgan did.

Far from ideal, nothing we can do about it, but doesn't have the feelings of a positive start to the season that we have had a lot of recently. Key player injuries of course don't help that!

No, we wasn't ours. Wrap it up however you like is, but he wasn't ours. Never was. If he was ours we'd have got the ££. We didn't because we wasn't ours. I'm not sure what you find hard about that concept.

And he would always likely choose Spurs above us. Still flabbergasted that people can blame Saints for messing that one up.

Explain the definition of first option? Did we not pay to have first option? As far as I can tell if another team bids for a player and we match that fee we automatically have it accepted no? Did we have a bid accepted for him? Head in the sand mate.

Explain the definition of first option? Did we not pay to have first option? As far as I can tell if another team bids for a player and we match that fee we automatically have it accepted no? Did we have a bid accepted for him? Head in the sand mate.

We didn't have first option, as Atletico reneged on that agreement and paid us £2m to do that. It was only first option if we were buying him for £6.7m. Surely you understand that?

Don't they just.

If we don't get 3 points tomorrow, then this board will be nothing but **** and vinegar.

I think I might shout "Come on Saints" at the radio/stream, in front of other people, like a mentalist.

Otherwise, it's going to be on par with Swing Lowe again. FWIW, I think we will beat Watford, FCM and Norwich. Even if Vic wants to go, I have a feeling he will be told to wait until we can buy and integrate a similar player (no jests about passing please).

Ultimately, a lot is riding on the next 8 days. If we end next Sunday as part of a nascent top 6, having qualified on Thursday for the Europa look group stages, and A new CB in the bag, then all good.

Or, we could have 1 or 2 points, an exit from Europe and "Saints need a miracle - want-away stars in quit threat to crisis club" from nationals in need of deadline day drama.

If we don't get 3 points tomorrow, then this board will be nothing but **** and vinegar.

I think I might shout "Come on Saints" at the radio/stream, in front of other people, like a mentalist.

Otherwise, it's going to be on par with Swing Lowe again. FWIW, I think we will beat Watford, FCM and Norwich. Even if Vic wants to go, I have a feeling he will be told to wait until we can buy and integrate a similar player (no jests about passing please).

Ultimately, a lot is riding on the next 8 days. If we end next Sunday as part of a nascent top 6, having qualified on Thursday for the Europa look group stages, and A new CB in the bag, then all good.

Or, we could have 1 or 2 points, an exit from Europe and "Saints need a miracle - want-away stars in quit threat to crisis club" from nationals in need of deadline day drama.

It's a shame none of you, Billy or Monk have any good news to tide us over.

Is it just me or are these stories "breaking" only on the eve of games?!!

The window should shut the day before the season starts!

If Spurs want him then tell them £30m plus Townsend but ONLY IF we can get a replacement!!

Or £28m without Townsend, right? :D

We didn't have first option, as Atletico reneged on that agreement and paid us £2m to do that. It was only first option if we were buying him for £6.7m. Surely you understand that?

It was something to do with there being a time by which we could exercise our option but Atletico sold him before that date contrary to our agreement. Or something.

His passing is awful though. Maybe the close stuff isn't, but he seems to attempt raking cross the park passes several times a match which never hit the spot.

Still, he's a good battering ram in the middle of the park and we be worse off without him. It's not like we need the money, we've spent little compared to our peers and had more in with player sales to boot.

He's done three crossfield passes that haven't come off in the past 12 months. That's probably because he was told to stop trying to do it.

Unfortunately some people ONLY see that and forget the fact he's been superb for us the other 99.9% of the time.