Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

absolutely nothing, however throwing a strop asking to be left out of the team & allegedly threatening to walk out of the club if the move doesnt happen is a different matter

There is absolutely no evidence for that whatsoever.

Assuming all this is true (I know..) then football really is a load of nonsense now. Not only is it impossible to progress in anything like a sustainable way in the absence of oil/post soviet privatisation money, but the players are staggeringly dense and just do a Bob Crow rather than put a shift in and leave on good terms. What's the point of it all?

We are going to be so depleted of quality if victor goes with no time to find a replacement.

If he has been unhappy for a year why has this not been dealt with sooner either way?.

The first reason given tends not to be the real one. Unhappy for a year.....hmmm. Funny how this all started after Toby said that he found it easier playing behind him.

Anyway, nothing I can do about it, and I don't really care any more. I'll support the XI on the pitch come what may, but I might not renew the season tickets.

With 3 days to go, we have to of course put on a massive premium to either cover the cost of getting someone else in (on an inflated fee) or what we will lose out on by not replacing him. Still, I would keep him and let him think about things and how he wants to continue with his career.

He really is not that great,he is probably at the right level with us,if he thinks he is at Morgan level then he is ill......in the head.

Seems coincidence that this story has come out just around the same time Spurs put out probably the weakest midfield they have had in years.

Also Spurs may be interested but there offer would be insulting and even if they met our valuation they would probably ask to pay installments of £20 a week

Saints need to get a backbone just like Everton and WBA have done. Trouble with Saints they are too nice and get trampled on by players, other clubs and agents. Got to get tough with these mercenaries.

When we go around spouting rubbish about selling ourselves as a stepping stone to players it's no wonder that they actually believe it and are then disappointed when they don't get to choose when they go. I'd prefer our board to say a lot less RE transfers in the future. If we sell him I can't see us signing anyone in a price range our board find acceptable but of the quality we need to replace the best CM pairing we've had in a long long time.

Let him go. If he doesn't want to be here then sod him.

Who on earth do we replace him with though? I can't think of any like for like replacement who'd be availible now.

Right now, even tho he's not fit, Alex Song is best like-for-like off the top of my head.

if Wanyama and mane want to go then **** these mercenaries and get rid......i'm sick to death of these pathetic, vastly overpaid prima donas. Oh and so much for the fabled black box that picks out certain qualities.....it's bloody hopeless at spotting spoilt brats!

We can replace them with......more of the same. Presumably.

Gut feeling is that he's done and that he'll be a Spuds player on Tuesday. I guess he couldn't announce how unhappy he was earlier in the transfer window as Spurs hadn't declared their interest at the time. Tosser! The best we can hope for is a couple of players in exchange as we certainly won't have a replacement lined up. Potentially this could also affect VvD's decision to come.

I bet the club are kicking themselves for letting Cork go!

When we go around spouting rubbish about selling ourselves as a stepping stone to players it's no wonder that they actually believe it and are then disappointed when they don't get to choose when they go. I'd prefer our board to say a lot less RE transfers in the future. If we sell him I can't see us signing anyone in a price range our board find acceptable but of the quality we need to replace the best CM pairing we've had in a long long time.

Gut feeling is that he's done and that he'll be a Spuds player on Tuesday. I guess he couldn't announce how unhappy he was earlier in the transfer window as Spurs hadn't declared their interest at the time. Tosser! The best we can hope for is a couple of players in exchange as we certainly won't have a replacement lined up. Potentially this could also affect VvD's decision to come.

No way he's going stop being silly.

if Wanyama and mane want to go then **** these mercenaries and get rid......i'm sick to death of these pathetic, vastly overpaid prima donas. Oh and so much for the fabled black box that picks out certain qualities.....it's bloody hopeless at spotting spoilt brats!

No evidence Wayanama wants to go and Mane has said he isn't going. Why the hissy fit ?

He really is not that great,he is probably at the right level with us,if he thinks he is at Morgan level then he is ill......in the head.

Seems coincidence that this story has come out just around the same time Spurs put out probably the weakest midfield they have had in years.

Also Spurs may be interested but there offer would be insulting and even if they met our valuation they would probably ask to pay installments of £20 a week

Spot on and not just cos he wants to leave but his level is outside the top 6 IMO. Can't see any of the top 6 wanting him, so spurs are the max extent of his ambitions I guess.

What part of he refused a new contract and decided to go where he would get more game time don't you get?

Whether he plays tomorrow will reveal a lot, don't buy the illness personally the timings too much of a coincidence

Think about what you are saying. If he plays tomorrow but didn't play Wednesday what does that mean? If he doesn't play he could still be ill so that backs up what happened on Thursday. It wont reveal anything.

It's just arrogance on his part, I don't think he's done enough (yet) to justify a move to a bigger club. At least unlike Morgan, he is replaceable. The only slight issue is whether we will get a replacement in on time as the deal with Spurs isn't happening until Monday at the earliest.

I guess in the next 72 hours we will find out if we really do have any ambition.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Think about what you are saying. If he plays tomorrow but didn't play Wednesday what does that mean? If he doesn't play he could still be ill so that backs up what happened on Thursday. It wont reveal anything.

He was back in training on Friday, so presumably whatever he 'had' has cleared up. HTH.

Very naïve IMO. Entitled to your opinion and I don't believe we will sell him but there is obviously an issue at the moment with Wanyama.

To pretend otherwise is just as bad as any supposed "bedwetter".

Spot on and not just cos he wants to leave but his level is outside the top 6 IMO. Can't see any of the top 6 wanting him, so spurs are the max extent of his ambitions I guess.

If there is a club going backwards in the prem its Spurs,they are a million miles away from CL ,and with teams like Swansea and Palace looking strong they may not get Europa.

You are contradicting yourself. That doesn't make any sense as Spurs came 5th last season.

Edited by Matthew Le God

If there is a club going backwards in the prem its Spurs,they are a million miles away from CL ,and with teams like Swansea and Palace looking strong they may not get Europa.

I can think of another, who seem to be 'going backwards' at a faster rate than them..

From the Mail

VICTOR WANYAMA

Southampton to Tottenham - £20m

Talks took place on Saturday and, with Southampton short of players, cash plus Erik Lamela on loan could be the offer that makes Wanyama's move happen. The 24-year-old Kenyan is Tottenham's priority after signing Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen and has told Southampton he wishes to leave the club.

Verdict: Worth a gamble

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3215636/Paul-Pogba-David-Gea-Gareth-Bale-Fabio-Borini-10-big-deals-make-difference-window-draws-close.html#ixzz3kHQb9Enc

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

From the Mail

VICTOR WANYAMA

Talks took place on Saturday and, with Southampton short of players, cash plus Erik Lamela on loan could be the offer that makes Wanyama's move happen. The 24-year-old Kenyan is Tottenham's priority after signing Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen and has told Southampton he wishes to leave the club.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3215636/Paul-Pogba-David-Gea-Gareth-Bale-Fabio-Borini-10-big-deals-make-difference-window-draws-close.html#ixzz3kHQb9Enc

Lamela at Saints.....now you know it's bollorks.

Hu

From the Mail

VICTOR WANYAMA

Lamela is a fairy,no thanks,I would rather have Townsend....and I don't particularly rate him either

Whilst if we sold him in the window we would get a good fee, the trouble if that any replacement would also cost a huge premium. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if we bought replacements early and sold late we wouldn't have the issue of having to fill a huge hole and pay over inflated prices

You don't sell a player to a rival who you want to keep and then accept a makeweight who they have been trying to get rid of all summer in a position you don't even need someone.

Verdict: not a chance

he wont go. RK and the club have said no one will be sold. so a non starter

All we have to do is just say no. simple as that