Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

Let him rot in the reserves for the rest of his contract.

He should never be welcomed in our first XI again.

If we were mega-rich with an abundance of quality players to fill the role then, yes, absolutely. In reality we lose a key player from the team and £15m or whatever as well as still having to pay him. Then at the end of his contract he wanders off for zilch.

The player(s) have the upper hand. Let's hope we have a Morgan scenario. It's probably the best we can hope for.

I thought it kicked off just prior to the West Ham game early last year at the hotel when Wanyama wanted to be part of the exodus and Koeman left him off the teamsheet all together and brought in JWP - ironically we won that game comfortably too

Think your right

If we were mega-rich with an abundance of quality players to fill the role then, yes, absolutely. In reality we lose a key player from the team and £15m or whatever as well as still having to pay him. Then at the end of his contract he wanders off for zilch.

The player(s) have the upper hand. Let's hope we have a Morgan scenario. It's probably the best we can hope for.

Yes, I know how it works.

I'd still rather lose the money on the one off, struggle a bit, than allow ourselves to be bullied and manipulated by Spurs and a millionaire footballer that has too high an opinion of himself.

I'm sure every player at every team would love to move to a 'big club', but if no big club wants you, tough s**t. Wanyama needs to remember that. He might want a move, but unless a club actually bids for him and offers market value, he's not going anywhere. Personally, I'd let him stew on the bench for a while and promote Romeu to guaranteed starting DM. We need someone in the club prepared to cut a few egos down to size, because Vic isn't as great as he thinks he is. He's important for us, but he's nothing to the teams chasing titles and trophies.

If he really wants a big-money transfer, he's going to have to earn it by showing the right attitude and improving his game to top-four level, the way Morgan plugged away for years learning his trade.

I personally think we are his level he's just not good enough at passing and often gives away cheap freekicks. For 20mil there's got to be better options out there guess it's just because he's proven in the prem and it weakens a "rival".

He's a good premier league player but I don't see him in the same class as Morgan at all also him and Bentaleb in midfield for Tottenham is a bit too defensive they struggle to score goals as it is.

Ease up on big Vic. Anyone's allowed to be ambitious. He's been spectacular for Saints last couple of years. And he will be again this season.

FFS nothing more nauseating than the peacemaker fan trying to act all rational. He's a greedy bastard with no loyalty. or class. I can't stand him now.

Did you love Lovren's ambition?

I personally think we are his level he's just not good enough at passing and often gives away cheap freekicks. For 20mil there's got to be better options out there guess it's just because he's proven in the prem and it weakens a "rival".

He's a good premier league player but I don't see him in the same class as Morgan at all also him and Bentaleb in midfield for Tottenham is a bit too defensive they struggle to score goals as it is.

For 20m there is better options, however Saints would be looking at 10m options because we make a profit for when they move on for a higher price.

This is not a dig, just the business plan we have.

Makes you wonder what happened to turn Wanyama's head??

He was fully committed. Very surprised by he U-turn.

He's such a nice guy. Can't believe how he's let himself, the players, the club and fans down.

Actually don't want him here any more. He's ruined Europe and disrupted team spirit.

I personally blame the agents, they fill the heads of players with fanciful ideas and build them up! Sometimes they get move, sometimes they don't, but there is a way to go about it! Clubs seem to be fighting back though, Beranino, Stones, Morgan which is good for game! Think Victor has received some amazingly bad advice!! As others have said, he always seemed like a decent guy

He's such a nice guy. Can't believe how he's let himself, the players, the club and fans down.

Actually don't want him here any more. He's ruined Europe and disrupted team spirit.

So you do believe it now? After spending the last couple of weeks chastising people for believing what the press have (accurately) been writing about the situation?

I personally blame the agents, they fill the heads of players with fanciful ideas and build them up! Sometimes they get move, sometimes they don't, but there is a way to go about it! Clubs seem to be fighting back though, Beranino, Stones, Morgan which is good for game! Think Victor has received some amazingly bad advice!! As others have said, he always seemed like a decent guy

more than simple truth here. Agents are a necessary evil for many clubs and those footballers who have no grasp of finance and spend like there's no tomorrow.

Some agents are pushing all the time. Move to another club, bigger salary, bigger %, and have little concern for the players future (if short) career prospects.

Don't know who Victor's agent is, but he surely needs to re-think his strategy on this one.:suspicious:

more than simple truth here. Agents are a necessary evil for many clubs and those footballers who have no grasp of finance and spend like there's no tomorrow.

Some agents are pushing all the time. Move to another club, bigger salary, bigger %, and have little concern for the players future (if short) career prospects.

Don't know who Victor's agent is, but he surely needs to re-think his strategy on this one.:suspicious:

Totally agree! Just been chatting to a Spurs supporting mate and he doesn't think they need another defensive midfielder at moment anyway, so it is hardly like the dream move for anyone! all very strange and all leading towards the agent getting a nice fat Levy bonus!!

I would be amazed if anyone actually puts a reasonable bid in for him. No way is he a £20m player and I wouldn't pay two bob for his character.

Exactly & what's stopping him from throwing his toys out the pram again should he not settle at his new club?

This really winds me up! He clearly has no respect for our club ffs. He asks to leave with days left to try and replace him. Why can't he say he'd like to move next season so here you go you've got a year to replace me. Maybe he should concentrate on learning to pass a ball the greedy *****.

Not much bothered either way. He is pretty skank in possession and isn't what he used to be at breaking things up. Better available elsewhere and Romeu can hold the fort in the meantime. Cash in.

Depends where, and for how much.

Ideally £20m, but we all know he isn't up to a figure approaching Schneiderlin proportions.

As for selling, anywhere but yids or Liverpoool, but I can't realistically see any of the 'top 4' wanting him.

This really winds me up! He clearly has no respect for our club ffs. He asks to leave with days left to try and replace him. Why can't he say he'd like to move next season so here you go you've got a year to replace me. Maybe he should concentrate on learning to pass a ball the greedy *****.

Another critical difference between MS & VW, is that Morgan had his 'blip' pre-season nad was fully focusssed again for the start of the season.

VW has had all summer to consider his position. Perhaps a phone call from one of Levy's sleazy contacts to his agent has been the turning point.

To me it is the agent and Spurs. Spurs realise that they really aren't as good as they thought they were. Maybe they seriously thought that they had a chance of signing Morgan - the whole footballing world knows that they are delusional. So after that, maybe they scrambled around to try and find someone. Maybe they thought that they would be OK, but then after a few games realised they weren't.

As I mentioned earlier, 2-0 up against Stoke, to then throw it away, Toby comes out on 15th/16th August with the "at Southampton, Victor Wanyama and Morgan Schneiderlin put good pressure so they didn't have time to put the ball in the box - it makes it easier for defenders" and then it all takes off. Wanyama unhappy, wants to leave, blah blah blah.

Whether you can blame him for the European **** up is a matter of conjecture. I don't know how much a team spirit is affected - sure it can't be positive, but is it that disruptive? I am really annoyed that we did not qualify for EL and yes, his performance in the first leg against the Danes was bad, and his attitude for the 2nd was even worse.

Anyway, having Romeu here makes things better. While not so physically imposing, he is a better player. Some of his long balls were Morgan-esque and he has a bite in his game. Maybe him and Clasie or him and JWP, will be more than good enough.

Another critical difference between MS & VW, is that Morgan had his 'blip' pre-season nad was fully focusssed again for the start of the season.

VW has had all summer to consider his position. Perhaps a phone call from one of Levy's sleazy contacts to his agent has been the turning point.

And two and a bit weeks ago he was more than happy to play a bigger part in the team

I'm normally a fairly laid back kind of fella, but have to say the timing and attitude here ******* stinks. He's undermined the start of the season, but more annoying he undermined our first European campaign in a decade.

Not saying he is wholly responsible for last Thursday's debacle, but must have been hard preparing for the game with this kind of whining going on.

Th Cub needs to stand firm & then he needs to come back with some serious arris licking & decent performances.

To me it is the agent and Spurs. Spurs realise that they really aren't as good as they thought they were. Maybe they seriously thought that they had a chance of signing Morgan - the whole footballing world knows that they are delusional. So after that, maybe they scrambled around to try and find someone. Maybe they thought that they would be OK, but then after a few games realised they weren't.

As I mentioned earlier, 2-0 up against Stoke, to then throw it away, Toby comes out on 15th/16th August with the "at Southampton, Victor Wanyama and Morgan Schneiderlin put good pressure so they didn't have time to put the ball in the box - it makes it easier for defenders" and then it all takes off. Wanyama unhappy, wants to leave, blah blah blah.

Whether you can blame him for the European **** up is a matter of conjecture. I don't know how much a team spirit is affected - sure it can't be positive, but is it that disruptive? I am really annoyed that we did not qualify for EL and yes, his performance in the first leg against the Danes was bad, and his attitude for the 2nd was even worse.

Anyway, having Romeu here makes things better. While not so physically imposing, he is a better player. Some of his long balls were Morgan-esque and he has a bite in his game. Maybe him and Clasie or him and JWP, will be more than good enough.

Agreed. Good post

As has previously been mentioned, Wanyama is not of top 4 quality and is found wanting far too often in possession. Worth about £15m in the modern game. I wouldn't be that fussed if we had sold him, but to do so given the fuss that he has kicked up would be shattering for our club's image.

If he gets his arse in gear and plays as best as he can this season I'll be more than happy to ship him out.

I don't blame him for wanting a better payday, I just hoped he would have shown better etiquette in trying to do so.

I wish this had happened earlier cos I'd have been quite happy to see him go tbh.

I can foresee him not being first choice now. Sod him!

edit: maybe we could sell him in January when panic buys are made and clubs pay a little more for a mid season fix?

Edited by Webby

His performances have lacked commitment to such an extent that he's been detrimental to the team, so in all honesty i wouldn't be upset if the club got rid. Ruined his reputation with us Saints fans just as he was becoming a cult hero.

If someone offers £20million get rid. Who's the top DM in the championship?

I'm normally a fairly laid back kind of fella, but have to say the timing and attitude here ******* stinks. He's undermined the start of the season, but more annoying he undermined our first European campaign in a decade.

Not saying he is wholly responsible for last Thursday's debacle, but must have been hard preparing for the game with this kind of whining going on.

Th Cub needs to stand firm & then he needs to come back with some serious arris licking & decent performances.

Exactly this.

I appreciate I'm in a minority, but I'd never welcome him back into our first team.

His performances have lacked commitment to such an extent that he's been detrimental to the team, so in all honesty i wouldn't be upset if the club got rid. Ruined his reputation with us Saints fans just as he was becoming a cult hero.

After being seriously Fecked off, Morgan turned in a pretty handy season for us last year.

Spurs wont offer 20m+. This is Levy we are talking about. Knowing him and the fact the unrest Wanyama has caused is in the public domain, I wouldnt expect Levy to go north of 10m.

I wouldnt sell to Spurs as a matter or principle anyway. They've spent far too long hanging off our coat tails, and the whole issue of Toby was the straw that broke the camels back, imo.

After being seriously Fecked off, Morgan turned in a pretty handy season for us last year.

But he knuckled down before the season started. Wanyama has looked lazy, barely tracking back at times, all season so far. The Midgetland home game an excellent example, watch the goal back but keep your eyes on Victor and ask yourself what the feck is he doing.

But he knuckled down before the season started. Wanyama has looked lazy, barely tracking back at times, all season so far. The Midgetland home game an excellent example, watch the goal back but keep your eyes on Victor and ask yourself what the feck is he doing.

maybe he will knuckle down?

Exactly this.

I appreciate I'm in a minority, but I'd never welcome him back into our first team.

I'm not sure I want him back, but at the same time, I don't want to sell him. We've got to the stage, where other clubs and agents seem to think that they can cause a situation at will and the player will leave. It is a situation of our own making, and even the stance with Morgan last summer hasn't changed that. We need to reverse this, and it hopefully continues on from the Morgan situation. If Wanyama and his agent thought that they could engineer a move, then they aren't that bright.

And I agree with Alpine - **** Spurs.

maybe he will knuckle down?

Maybe he will, all i said was that if we get offered the right amount we should accept it. I'm not holding my breath though, all signs point to him putting in sub standard performances all season.

And even if he does come back to his best, i'll never fully like the guy again as he was a big reason behind our first european campaign in ages going tits up.

Has Wanyama really done enough yet to attract any proper big teams? He's not quite in Schneiderlin's class is he? I don't think his reputation is good enough to risk a year as a forgotten man in the reserves. If he's got any sense, he'll publicly apologise and get back to work. Otherwise the best he'll manage is a sideways move to somewhere like Stoke, where I doubt he'll be happy. Can anyone truly be happy in Stoke?

I'm not sure I want him back, but at the same time, I don't want to sell him. We've got to the stage, where other clubs and agents seem to think that they can cause a situation at will and the player will leave. It is a situation of our own making, and even the stance with Morgan last summer hasn't changed that. We need to reverse this, and it hopefully continues on from the Morgan situation. If Wanyama and his agent thought that they could engineer a move, then they aren't that bright.

And I agree with Alpine - **** Spurs.

I'd let him rot for the duration of his contract. Set an (expensive) example to players and clubs like Spurs.

I'd let him rot for the duration of his contract. Set an (expensive) example to players and clubs like Spurs.

We've already had one expensive wa*ker in Osvaldo and another of our highest earners Gaston Ramirez has been a tragic waste of a monthly wage, I'd sell the greedy spaghetti eating mercenary but definitely not to Spurs