Midtjylland vs Saints

Lighthouse

I suspect there has been a falling out between Kruger/Reed and Koeman. I guess the former have not supported the latter in the transfer market the way he expected after Morgan was sold. It may well even be the likes of Juanmi and Cedric arent getting runs as some sort of protest from Koeman.

I would be really surprised if VVD signed. I reckon this is smoke and mirrors to the last day so they can claim they tried. And it makes you wonder about their committment to not sell Big Vic and Mane. I suspect the sharks will be circling again tomorrow morning.

We're not even trying to be creative. No linkup, no 1-2's, we're either hoofing it to Pelle or slowly getting it to Martina to cross to 6 waiting defenders. JWP/Davis happy to plod along in the middle. Fullbacks not bombing forward eagerly like they should. There's no spark.

I wonder that does S Davis do to be out there every single time. He wouldn't start in any other Prem side. At least JWP has some potential.

An the 5 at the back well... just stupid by RK once again. Yoshida and Targett trying to hook up for a cross there was so painfull to watch.

Thank God this is my last post of the day otherwise I might say something I regret at full time. This is an embarrassment. The starting line up is all wrong, our passing has been poor, and we seem intent on hoofing it up to Pelle whenever we get the chance.

Yes there is a half to go, we still only need the one goal, and subs can be made, but Koeman needs to sort this crap out soon. I'm a positive supporter usually but our recent performances have been poor. At least tonight's bench is strong. That's our glimmer of hope.

I'll be crossing my fingers and lucky smoking in the second half. I will take a really ugly win, even if it's on penalties, as long as we make it through to the group stages. We have 45 minutes to do that.

UTS

A 2nd half to make last season worth anything what so ever, otherwise it was a waste of everyone's effort. The worry is that FCM are just trash themselves, all they can do is delay the play, play for fouls, fall over. They won't care for another goal themselves, they'll just time waste and frustrate an already frustrated side. We're going to have to show something totally different.

Bet Virgil van Dijk will be watching this and thinking there is no way i'm joining this team

suspect he is awaiting the outcome of this match anyway to see if we make the group stages and if we go out there is no way he would come to play here, if Celtic are already there, and he can win the league with them again this season

Tell you what though - if I was a Mitjyland (?) fan, I would be utterly embarrassed by the disgraceful time-wasting and feigning injury all the time. The ref needs to be firmer with it, but he seems intent on giving them a FK every time one of their players falls over.

but we had our best finish after losing several key players last season

The only thing we did was replace like for like. We benefited from teams not knowing our new signings and had a pretty simple start while our main competitors had a nightmare- Everton, Liverpool etc...

From the moment teams started to know how to defend Pelle and Tadic, we dropped significantly.

Anyway, we have 45 minutes to give our season a little push. I don't care if we make it past the group stage or not, going out to a Danish team is not a sign of focusing in the league, it's an indication of sheer mediocrity that always stings you back.

Bet Virgil van Dijk will be watching this and thinking there is no way i'm joining this team

suspect he is awaiting the outcome of this match anyway to see if we make the group stages and if we go out there is no way he would come to play here, if Celtic are already there, and he can win the league with them again this season

yeah, I was thinking this earlier this afternoon.

Yeah, I hate Saints too.

What a bunch of melts. The performance on the pitch is a helluva lot better than the hand-wringing on here

While there are always a few who go over the top, I really can't see the issue in pointing out how poor we have been as a team or individually. I'd be raving if we were playing like Barcelona, unfortunately it's more like watching Dulwich Hamlet.

Balance is what it's all about. Unfortunately too many posters on here can only see good or bad.

God this is depressing - where is the joy from last season and the smiles on the players faces seems very long gone sadly. The missus asks if I would look on an episode of orange is the new black with her - very temted to say yes - at least there is boobs there ; )

did someone say boobs?! i'm turning over!

Problem for the wing backs is that when they get the ball, they have 2 players on them and JWP/Davis aren't coming wide to offer support.

Mhmm, this is what I alluded to in my post. Frankly, Martina and Targett aren't suited to play the wing back role, *but* they're receiving zilch in the way of support. Martina has had very little, Targett hasn't had any. Still, you have to work with the players available, which is why this formation doesn't make much sense.

Right you useless ****s on grotesque wages one goal in the next 45 minutes isn't too much to ask. I don't care how you do it, even if you have to resort to picking it up and throwing it in. Just bloody SCORE.

COYS.

It might not be the best time, but when Rodriguez is fit and back,to his best,assuming that happens,him and Pelle could be a very good partnership. Pelle, like Lambert, doesn't half know how to put his partner in. A couple of blinding passes and headed by Pelle, but JRod wasn't up to speed. Just sayin like.

I wonder that does S Davis do to be out there every single time. He wouldn't start in any other Prem side. At least JWP has some potential.

An the 5 at the back well... just stupid by RK once again. Yoshida and Targett trying to hook up for a cross there was so painfull to watch.

Davis had our only shot on target. But of course he must be kidnapped to make way for the new Beckham.

JWP has the potential to be released in a couple of seasons, and make a living in the Championship.

Come on Saints just a bloody 2-1 win!

When the season started falling apart last year i seem to recall koeman couldnt see what was wrong. We persisted with Pelle up front every match by himself regardless of a poor spell of form he was going through. Again tonight he seems unable to see what is wrong and change it.