Midtjylland vs Saints

Lighthouse

I've not got a feed to watch this game, but sounds like we are playing the way we have played against Sunderland in the cups for the past few seasons. I'm guessing from some of the comments that most of you were fortunate enough to have managed to avoid those games. It is gutting that in recent years we have been so rubbish in cup competition, especially away from home and it looks like this is another example of that.

Nevertheless, I remain confident that when Bertrand and Clasie return from injury and when VVD signs, JR gets back to match fitness and Juanmi, Cedric, Martinez, etc. begin to adapt to the English game we will again see Saints beginning to surprise the big clubs.

Just look at it like this: last season we started strongly but ended weakly while other clubs like ManUre and Liverhampton did it the other way around. Hopefully, this season it will be us that finish like a steam train and push on to finish even higher than this year! :)

It's disappointing to see us drop out of Europe, but we will bounce back! COYR!!

Joke refereeing again. Off the chest of Pelle. And there was one a few moments ago where he was blatantly pushed in the back as the ball was played to him.

But - we can't blame the ref for the result. We were utter sh!te tonight. I haven't seen us play that badly in quite some time.

Worrying times ahead.

Even for this site tonights thread is pretty ridiculous. I will be gutted if we go out, but on to Sunday and Norwich and we start again. We keep VW, we keep Mane and we bring in the extra couple of players (CB and creative midfielder) that we all agree we need.

We aren't bringing a midfielder in. Need some realism rather than this continued blind optimism, some people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Edited by VectisSaint

It was a mess from start to finish. No pace, no guile, no creativity, no zip, no passing ability, no brains, no composure, no idea. I am absoloutley devastated, this was our shot in Europe which clearly won't come in a long, long time again.

I have no idea where we go from here, no idea where at all. This was just a mess.

Just pathetic, to come all the way from the bottom of League 1, through the leagues into Europe to go out like this. Dreadful, this isn't the team I've been watching for the last 5/6 years, this has been like watching ****ing West Ham.

Just pathetic, to come all the way from the bottom of League 1, through the leagues into Europe to go out like this. Dreadful, this isn't the team I've been watching for the last 5/6 years, this has been like watching ****ing West Ham.

It's not even that good, it's just hell.