Capital One Cup Third Round - MK Dons (Away)

nta786

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk//news/article/20150824-capital-one-cup-round-3-draw-2644441.aspx?site=desktop

Draw to be made Tuesday night!

We have been allocated ball number 30.

I am desperately hoping ball number 5 is drawn to play Portsmouth :lol:

If Pompey isn't to be- any other games others might want?

I wouldn't mind Charlton- and I've never been to Luton's ground- so happily take that- so long as we avoid a 'big club'- I feel this is a great chance to win a cup!

Personally I'd like Barnet away but I can't see them winning at Wolves , other than that only other grounds left in that I haven't done at Rotherham and Shrewsbury and I doubt they'll get through either so hoping we're drawn at home to lowest team left in it.

Last season we had Arsenal away which turned out to be a fantastic cup tie winning at the Emirates for the first time with 6k saints fans there.

Bit of a joke West Ham got a bye to 3rd round as well but guess they had to pre plan it like that.

Not sure I want to play the Skates

Personally I'd like Barnet away but I can't see them winning at Wolves , other than that only other grounds left in that I haven't done at Rotherham and Shrewsbury and I doubt they'll get through either so hoping we're drawn at home to lowest team left in it.

Last season we had Arsenal away which turned out to be a fantastic cup tie winning at the Emirates for the first time with 6k saints fans there.

Bit of a joke West Ham got a bye to 3rd round as well but guess they had to pre plan it like that.

Not sure I want to play the Skates

Why not?

Why not?

Because it would be the biggerest everest cup final for the "besterest most passionest in world football" and we'd play a weak side/kids who wouldn't see playing 4th division minnows as a big deal. And we wouldn't risk injuries to key players in such a volatile situation - we've got bigger fish to fry.

I don't want Portsmouth. I'd rather not play them for a decade. Don't give them the oxygen.

I really don't see the point of having a rivalry if you never play them. Whilst it is nice being in the Premier League against the likes of Manchester United etc, I want to beat them and have the bragging rights. In an ideal world, Pompey, Bournemouth, Brighton and Reading would be in the top division; much better than the likes of Sunderland.

I really don't see the point of having a rivalry if you never play them. Whilst it is nice being in the Premier League against the likes of Manchester United etc, I want to beat them and have the bragging rights. In an ideal world, Pompey, Bournemouth, Brighton and Reading would be in the top division; much better than the likes of Sunderland.

I don't see three of those clubs as particular rivals anyway - the only time I have ever cared about Brighton or Reading was when we directly competed with them for promotion. Other than I have no particular interest what they do (exception being when Nigel was at Reading I wanted them to do well). Bournemouth I hope they stay up and do well.

South Coast BBC South Today area as a hotbed of fierce football rivalry? Nah. All feels a little bit tin pot to me.

With Pompey I take satisfaction from their current reduced state. Them not playing us hurts them so very much more than us not playing them.

I want to beat them and have the bragging rights

A victory against a team in the 4th tier of English football would give us 'bragging rights'?

I'd rather leave the 'banging on ad-nauseum about how we beat a team in the lower divisions' to our tinpot neighbours and not lower myself to their level of intellect.

the way we are playing at the moment Portsmouth is the last team i would want to face!

Totally agree. They are the last team we need to draw, can you imagine living with the barstewards beating us?

Best draw for us would be Man U, Arsenal, Man City or Chelsea away so that we can field some reserves and lose with dignity, getting out of the worthless competition as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Pompey at Fratton for me. I know a win is anything but guaranteed given our current form but I'd love a chance to stuff them in their own back yard.

Failing that, sh*t team at home as always. If we can get to the SF beating a bunch of L1 and L2 teams then brilliant, the reality is we will go out under performing away to some L1 Northern club on a sh*tty wet Tuesday night in autumn.

Totally agree. They are the last team we need to draw, can you imagine living with the barstewards beating us?

Best draw for us would be Man U, Arsenal, Man City or Chelsea away so that we can field some reserves and lose with dignity, getting out of the worthless competition as quickly and painlessly as possible.

If we get to the final you will be doing something else that day then.

its going to happen.

saints v pompey

If it does I'd hope Koeman makes an exception and fields our strongest possible side. Unlikely I know, but it isn't your typical Premier League team vs 4th tier team match and I'd like us to rip them apart by as big a margin as possible.

Bizarrely they still clutch onto the 1-1 and 2-2 draws in 2011/12 Championship season when we were promoted and they were relegated. Even more bizarrely they still clutch onto the 4-1 match in 2005, when a decade later there is a vast gap between the two clubs in every possible regard.

Edited by Matthew Le God

If it does I'd hope Koeman makes an exception and fields our strongest possible side. Unlikely I know, but it isn't your typical Premier League team vs 4th tier team match and I'd like us to rip them apart by as big a margin as possible.

I do not think you would find anyone disagreeing with you there.

100% this.

We will probably draw Sunderland/Exeter.

Even when the skates were bottom of the league and we were going well in League 1 they beat us 4-1. Anyone who doesn't think our Premier League squad wouldn't be capable of beating a League 2 side needs their head testing. We would name our strongest possible team and absolutely destroy them. Remember, our youth side beat theirs 7-0 a couple of years ago!

I'm not confident we could beat the skates home....or away.

Let's avoid them please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont be an utter pen1s, of course we would. i watched them against Derby at home in the last round on TV. they were complete dog turd.

One of my all-time favourite Alpine moments. Lamenting our business (Lovren, Wanyama, Osvaldo) while lavishing praise on Norwich and wanting us to follow suit.

Norwich went down and we came 8th. :lol:

That's why I'm always confident for the season when Alpine pipes up with his views.