Koeman out!

benjii

Some cheeky **** has done a Branfoot brain transplant on him.

Don't be a mong.

Nothing wrong with Koeman. The simple fact is that our players are of mid-table Championship level ability and will promptly and unceremoniously relegated without very strong, immediate reinforcement. No manager in the world could or would have got much more out of this lot than Koeman has desperately tried to.

Yes, seriously. This is our ability level at the moment.

If we sell the best players, again and again, what does anyone expect? Big bank balance and disillusioned players.

Martin Samuel predicted this last summer. He warned our board not to try the same stunt 2 summers in a row.

If WBA can tell Spurs to f**k off over Berahino, and Everton can do the same over Stones to Chelsea, couldnt we have done it a couple more times over the last year ?

Martin Samuel predicted this last summer. He warned our board not to try the same stunt 2 summers in a row.

If WBA can tell Spurs to f**k off over Berahino, and Everton can do the same over Stones to Chelsea, couldnt we have done it a couple more times over the last year ?

To be fair, we haven't tried the same stunt. We lost Morgan, which was always going to happen. We got one more season out of him, but he was always going to go. Everyone knew it, the club knew it. Clyne was the same really, kind of expected as he only had 1 year left - but we did seem confident for a bit, will be interesting to know what changed. (Lallana, probably).

I think our losses last season were eased by the fact we still had the spine of Fonte, Clyne, Morgan. We don't have a 'spine' as yet, I'm sure it will come, but I'd say the impact of Morgan and Clyne over the course of the season was as important as the new guys - if not more.

**** me things have got desperate if Martin "stupid beard" Samuel is now the oracle.

"Watching James Ward-Prowse pulling the strings against Liverpool, it was impossible not to imagine board members wondering how much they will get for him one day."

****ing nothing on his performances.

Martin Samuel for chairman.

Don't be a mong.

Nothing wrong with Koeman. The simple fact is that our players are of mid-table Championship level ability and will promptly and unceremoniously relegated without very strong, immediate reinforcement. No manager in the world could or would have got much more out of this lot than Koeman has desperately tried to.

So you are seriously saying that losing 3 players has depleted us from a top 7 side to a mid-table Championship team and there's nothing Koeman can do about it?

He can start by not telling the team to play hoofball against a very average side. He can also not pick 3 centre backs to mark 1 very ordinary striker.

As good a job as Koeman did last season, he's not covered himself in glory so far this season and is not immune from criticism when things go this badly wrong.

I also wonder if the Toby situation was a turning point for Koeman. The realisation that top players will always go to the wealthier clubs despite Toby's respect for Koeman. Koeman has not had the same spark ever since and seems weary of the constant media speculation surrounding the club. Hopefully getting Clasie fit and on the pitch will lift Ron's spirits

We won 5 of our last 16 matches last season, we still had Clyne, Toby and Morgan ( I know Morgan was out for some of that) so we weren't exactly pulling up trees even with them in the side. Our form was setting off alarm bells with me, but was glossed over by our best finish and qualification for Europe. Remove Clyne, Morgan and Toby, add newcomers and injuries and it's no surprise we look poor, but it's down to Koeman to get the best out of what he has and select the right formation and tactics to suit them. So far this season he's been poor but until we get everyone back from injury and any new signings in, we won't know whether he's not up to the job or just struggling with circumstances.

I've got a feeling 3-5-2 would suit us as an option with Soares and Bertrand as the fullbacks and VVD Fonte Yoshida CBs. They'd have to all play to play this system well, as our full backs tonight nowhere near good enough at attacking and Caulker isn't confident or good at bringing the ball forward.

Very bemused why Soares didn't start? Unless he had an injury but then why have him on the bench? Same with Mane.

Predicted what we've only had 3 games of the 38 game season. You idiot. Martin Samuel is an idiot as well.

Don't be a mong.

Yeah you're right. No point being over- dramatic. Because most of the same squad that held a top 4 position for 5/6 of last season has had a dodgy start to the season they are definitely now of mid-table Championship ability.

Hilarious thread.

Agree. This is ridiculous. Koeman wasn't the best manager last year and he's not the worst this. Key difference is that we have only 2 out of our defensive 7 from last year playing and we're getting found out so he's tried to shore us up defensively and build on that but it's not quite coming off and that has impacted on the playing style of the whole team. Wait for Bertrand, Clasie and Van Dijk to come in and we'll see a different team.

As for post-match comments look to Jose's after Chelsea got destroyed by Man City. Managers do that because they know that a team's biggest enemy is lack of confidence and belief.

Don't be a mong.

Totally agree with you money for players is ok if you can replace them with very similar players or better were probably going to get stuck with Dross Townsend and money for Wanyama wow great smashing theres a reason for that Spurs dont want him but hey well have him brilliant super hes rubbish.

People complained that with Cortese all our targets came from Italy or were Pochettino's buddies.

But our massive contribution to the profitability of Eredivisie clubs is shocking. It is by all means a poor league (e.g. Vitesse), and yet we've been more than happy to sign their Team of the Year.

I'm sure that'll give Koeman a lot of good press back home as he ends up failing to get the national team job anyway. A frustrated Van Gaal he is turning out to be, last year's reaction the Man United home defeat started to raise my eyebrow, but the judge is well and truly out now.

No-one should be calling for Koeman's head yet of course. BUT:

As I said a week or so back, I don't see him here for another season after this ends, simply because he won't be satisfied with rebuilding every single summer from a team thats been reamed and eviscerated by the big boys. And with cheaper imports. He bought into a project that was sold to him as developing a young hungry, exciting team of academicians, bolstered with judicious acquisitions to push the top 6 and give them a hard time each year in the league. Instead he's got to make do and mend with journeymen. No one of his stature would tolerate that year in year out. He will choose to depart.

No-one should be calling for Koeman's head yet of course. BUT:

As I said a week or so back, I don't see him here for another season after this ends, simply because he won't be satisfied with rebuilding every single summer from a team thats been reamed and eviscerated by the big boys. And with cheaper imports. He bought into a project that was sold to him as developing a young hungry, exciting team of academicians, bolstered with judicious acquisitions to push the top 6 and give them a hard time each year in the league. Instead he's got to make do and mend with journeymen. No one of his stature would tolerate that year in year out. He will choose to depart.

In insist: on what evidence does he deserve anything better than what we've given him?

One thing that has always nagged away at me regarding Ron is LVG's assessment of him. LVG claimed that Ron is too soft on players, after last season I put that down to a personality clash and LVG bigging himself up . However there are slight signs that there's some truth in this, are the players fit enough, do they get the hair dryer when needed?

Rons style suited us last season, we needed a cool head , we needed a smooth transition and needed to steady the ship. Now we need a few tea cups chucked a few rollockings dished out. Hopefully Ron can upset a few and get a reaction . The players owe us a performance Sunday , not necessarily a result , but a performance that shows they're upset, embarrassed and determined to put yesterday behind them and move on. If we don't get that , then I will start to worry.

Be careful what you wish for, I can't believe all the negative comments after our first really bad run of form for years. If there were real quality players available, especially £15m then clubs far bigger than us will have them on their radar. Far too early for knee jerk reactions.

I'm seriously considering a cheeky tenner on him not making Christmas, the team is a shambles at the moment, the selection and tactics are both really odd and a total departure from last season. His body language is all wrong and hardly speaks of a man relishing the challenge and looking forward with optimism!

Be careful what you wish for, I can't believe all the negative comments after our first really bad run of form for years. If there were real quality players available, especially £15m then clubs far bigger than us will have them on their radar. Far too early for knee jerk reactions.

For me it has nothing to do with the business in the transfer market on the pitch we are a passionless shambles, RK isn't getting anything like the best out of the squad and last nights hoof ball was a Fat Sam at Bolton homage that was embarrassing to see!

Edited by a1ex2001