Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 1323

Thread: Injury Watch

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    In fairness to the club, who could've predicted Ings would get injured?
    I was pretty confident he'd get injured at least one more time the second half of the season. I'll even predict now that he'll come back fit and play again, but finish the season injured.
    As good as he is when he plays I wouldn't go through with the deal if possible.

  2. #1252

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    10,718

    Default

    Dont worry Munster, I got it.

  3. Default

    In fairness to the forum, who could've predicted that Pilchards would miss a very obvious joke?

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Dont worry Munster, I got it.
    Ah yeah, ok, my bad.
    In my defence I am working nights so my brain is frazzled...

  5. #1255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Just BS from one poster on here.
    How is it bul****? It's just a snippet I was given from a reliable source that I don't really hear from much anymore.

  6. #1256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Just BS from one poster on here.
    To be fair to Shance he's sort of right, there's a clause that says we are beholden to sign Ings if he's available for a certain number of games (note he doesn't have to start just be available), if it's under a threshold the purchase doesn't kick in.

    Also i've heard, but it's more of a rumour than the last one, that Ings himself has a "get out clause" if we get relegated.

    I thought this was all pretty well known to be honest, and i'm amazed people think it's bullsh*t as the club would be doing incredibly bad business if they'd committed to signing a player with long term injury problems.

    Oh and before people ask i have no idea what the threshold is, the person that told me didn't know the details of that, simply that there was one.

  7. #1257

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    To be fair to Shance he's sort of right, there's a clause that says we are beholden to sign Ings if he's available for a certain number of games (note he doesn't have to start just be available), if it's under a threshold the purchase doesn't kick in.

    Also i've heard, but it's more of a rumour than the last one, that Ings himself has a "get out clause" if we get relegated.

    I thought this was all pretty well known to be honest, and i'm amazed people think it's bullsh*t as the club would be doing incredibly bad business if they'd committed to signing a player with long term injury problems.

    Oh and before people ask i have no idea what the threshold is, the person that told me didn't know the details of that, simply that there was one.
    Don't believe a word of it. You haven't seen the contract, nor have I. Shane's comments are bull**** in my opinion, there is no credible source for this and it.doesn't make any sense. The sooner people accept that Ings is our player the better. I understand some people don't like it but it's done.

  8. #1258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Don't believe a word of it. You haven't seen the contract, nor have I. Shane's comments are bull**** in my opinion, there is no credible source for this and it.doesn't make any sense. The sooner people accept that Ings is our player the better. I understand some people don't like it but it's done.
    Fair enough if that’s what you choose to believe mate, but I’ll go with what a first team player said instead


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #1259

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Fair enough if that’s what you choose to believe mate, but I’ll go with what a first team player said instead


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Suppose it was Charlie 😅. Believe what you want mate, though what you say makes some, sense, not the same as what Shane alleged. Having a clause that says we only purchase if he is available for more than, say, 0 games wouldn't surprise me. Would cover situations such as what sadly happened recently.

  10. #1260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    To be fair to Shance he's sort of right, there's a clause that says we are beholden to sign Ings if he's available for a certain number of games (note he doesn't have to start just be available), if it's under a threshold the purchase doesn't kick in.

    Also i've heard, but it's more of a rumour than the last one, that Ings himself has a "get out clause" if we get relegated.

    I thought this was all pretty well known to be honest, and i'm amazed people think it's bullsh*t as the club would be doing incredibly bad business if they'd committed to signing a player with long term injury problems.

    Oh and before people ask i have no idea what the threshold is, the person that told me didn't know the details of that, simply that there was one.
    Assuming you are correct, how would Liverpool prove whether Ings was available for any particular game but wasnt in the squad? Saints could easily say he wasn’t t up to the fitness level required. It’s torally inlrovable as it’s subjective. Surely a could only stipulate appearances. Couldnt imagine it going to court and Liverpool trying to argue that Ings was fit / available

    For that reason alone I don’t think your information is likely to be correct. Appearance based alone be realistic imo

  11. #1261

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,172
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Availability record

    Back on planet earth, is there any news on Ings and Lemina likelihood of returning after the break?

  12. #1262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Availability record

    Back on planet earth, is there any news on Ings and Lemina likelihood of returning after the break?

    Lemina has a hernia type thing apparently.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #1263

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Availability record

    Back on planet earth, is there any news on Ings and Lemina likelihood of returning after the break?
    Ings was 2-3 weeks, if that was based on from the injury he could be back next game. Is that likely? Probably not, but that's what Ralph said.

  14. #1264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Ings was 2-3 weeks, if that was based on from the injury he could be back next game. Is that likely? Probably not, but that's what Ralph said.
    Doubt he will be back as he will most likely twang one of his hammies setting up his sunbed.

  15. #1265

    Default

    Obafemi back in some form of training. He's a big lad

    Check out @SouthamptonFC’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/st...450906112?s=09



    Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    Doubt he will be back as he will most likely twang one of his hammies setting up his sunbed.
    LOL. A bit like Strachan's quip that Pahars caught a virus off of the game analysis computer.

  17. #1267

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ex Belgium, now IoW (I think it's still part of Europe, though!)
    Posts
    4,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Lemina has a hernia type thing apparently.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had a hernia op a month ago, I could play tomorrow if selected
    Seriously if that’s all it was then no big deal, must be more complicated !

  18. #1268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasoneuelllfanclub View Post
    Obafemi back in some form of training. He's a big lad

    Check out @SouthamptonFC’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/st...450906112?s=09



    Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
    He's spent his injury lay off really exercising his jaw muscles.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  19. #1269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eurosaint View Post
    I had a hernia op a month ago, I could play tomorrow if selected
    Seriously if that’s all it was then no big deal, must be more complicated !
    No two hernia ops are alike. Some folk are back within 3-4 weeks, others 6-8. I'm still confused about the picture Lemina posted of his leg in a futuristic knee brace.

    We may never know what was really wrong with him. As long as gets back and helps us survive, I suppose it doesn't really matter. It's kind of weird when you think about it, how much the public seems to know about strangers' medical conditions.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  20. Default

    Injury update:

    @AdamBlackmore: #saintsfc will be without Mario Lemina & Danny Ings on Sunday at Arsenal

    Manager Ralph Hasenhüttl thinks Ings will be out until the Spurs game

    Michael Obafemi is an option and Stuart Armstrong is fit.

  21. Default

    Ugh.

    @SouthamptonFC: #SaintsFC boss Ralph Hasenhüttl says @michaelobafemi_ is set to be out until the end of the season through injury, while @IngsDanny remain unavailable for #FFC

  22. #1272

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wokingham, Berkshire
    Posts
    8,223

    Default

    Will Ings and Lemina be available for Brighton match?

  23. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    Will Ings and Lemina be available for Brighton match?
    I very much hope so.

    The question is more whether Ings will re-injure the hamstring in these 3 weeks.

  24. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    Will Ings and Lemina be available for Brighton match?
    Mario is def back in training. Still no sign of Ings.


  25. #1275

    Default

    Think we should spend big on Andy Carroll and play him alongside Danny Ings

    Might get 10 games each of them both per season!!!

    Great value

  26. #1276

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ex Belgium, now IoW (I think it's still part of Europe, though!)
    Posts
    4,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyinthesky View Post
    Think we should spend big on Andy Carroll and play him alongside Danny Ings

    Might get 10 games each of them both per season!!!

    Great value
    Chuck in Jack Wilshere and you'll have a full house

  27. #1277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyinthesky View Post
    Think we should spend big on Andy Carroll and play him alongside Danny Ings

    Might get 10 games each of them both per season!!!

    Great value
    That is the thinking behind having both Ings and Austin. If we added Carroll as well, we'd have 3/4 of the season covered. Long could run around for the remaining quarter, although we couldn't really expect any goals from him.

  28. Default

    Ings back on the training pitch.


  29. #1279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Ings back on the training pitch.

    Good

  30. #1280

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Ings back on the training pitch.

    Looks like he may have torn his calf muscle there 😉

  31. #1281

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairy Oake / Block 13
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Play at Brighton for 90 mins, then have two weeks off (Liverpool), perfect recovery!

  32. #1282

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Big decision to be made by the club in June, should he stay, should we say no?

  33. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markr27 View Post
    Play at Brighton for 90 mins, then have two weeks off (Liverpool), perfect recovery!
    Think I'd be tempted to give him 45mins against Brighton.

  34. #1284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Big decision to be made by the club in June, should he stay, should we say no?
    Dont think we have a choice to be honest! But clearing out Long, Austin, Gallagher, Barnes and possibly Carrillo (along with Gabbiadini) should surely mean we can get a top striker in so we're not reliant on Ings...

  35. #1285

    Default

    FYI - we have an obligation to sign Ings, not an option.

    We loaned him to move the permanent to a different accounting year.

  36. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    FYI - we have an obligation to sign Ings, not an option.

    We loaned him to move the permanent to a different accounting year.
    Believe that's correct.

    & think the money from selling Gabbi goes towards paying for it.

  37. Default

    Shane Long withdraws from Irish squad due to groin injury.

  38. #1288

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disconnect View Post
    Dont think we have a choice to be honest! But clearing out Long, Austin, Gallagher, Barnes and possibly Carrillo (along with Gabbiadini) should surely mean we can get a top striker in so we're not reliant on Ings...
    We don't buy top strikers. We buy potential.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  39. #1289

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disconnect View Post
    Dont think we have a choice to be honest! But clearing out Long, Austin, Gallagher, Barnes and possibly Carrillo (along with Gabbiadini) should surely mean we can get a top striker in so we're not reliant on Ings...
    And Gallagher and Barnes are the only two that we are likely to be able to move on.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  40. #1290

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    And Gallagher and Barnes are the only two that we are likely to be able to move on.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Austin too, surely, there were credible rumors of suitors for him during the winter, I thought.

  41. #1291

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Austin too, surely, there were credible rumors of suitors for him during the winter, I thought.
    But probably not prepared to match his current wages.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  42. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Ings back on the training pitch.

    If you squint hard enough, those buttocks in the foreground can be made to look like they belong to a lady.

    (No? Just me then. Maybe I should get out more)

  43. #1293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    If you squint hard enough, those buttocks in the foreground can be made to look like they belong to a lady.

    (No? Just me then. Maybe I should get out more)
    You can be the Juliet to his Romeu

  44. #1294

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    If you squint hard enough, those buttocks in the foreground can be made to look like they belong to a lady.

    (No? Just me then. Maybe I should get out more)
    Maybe you shouldn't get out at all to be honest, locked up might be best. 🤔

  45. #1295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    If you squint hard enough, those buttocks in the foreground can be made to look like they belong to a lady.

    (No? Just me then. Maybe I should get out more)
    Why would you be squinting?

  46. #1296

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stalking Theo's Missus
    Posts
    12,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    You can be the Juliet to his Romeu
    You obviously know his rear end very well.

  47. #1297

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stalking Theo's Missus
    Posts
    12,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    Why would you be squinting?
    It causes blindness.

  48. #1298

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    It causes blindness.
    Romeu's arse?

  49. #1299

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    7,978

    Default

    This has gone badly off topic, requires serious mod intervention.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  50. #1300

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    This has gone badly off topic, requires serious mod intervention.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Indeed I have had infractions for less sarcastic/irrelevant posts and some have been accurate

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •