Injury Watch

Roger

Hands up who would do the honourable thing and give up £3 million per year for doing nothing.

I was bored to tears with my IT job years ago and accepted voluntary redundancy. Probably been on 50% or less of that salary ever since but have never regretted the move. It did help having the mortgage virtually paid, and I would assume the poor love has savings and other things he could do for income and self-respect.

I was bored to tears with my IT job years ago and accepted voluntary redundancy. Probably been on 50% or less of that salary ever since but have never regretted the move. It did help having the mortgage virtually paid, and I would assume the poor love has savings and other things he could do for income and self-respect.

He is paid to train. He trains as far as we are aware.

• 2 months later...
What’s the latest news on Obefami ? Any update on his injury?

Was out with a hamstring injury wasn’t he?

I imagine he will be good to go for pre-season.

Preventing it recurring will be our priority with him from there, I imagine.

What’s the latest news on Obefami ? Any update on his injury?

Very much hope to be proven wrong, but for me he will not be one of our successes. Hammy at a young age. Attitude questioned by Ralph. Very stiff in upper body. Raw speed but very little else (so far).

• 1 month later...

The article is hard to take seriously when it says...

Summer signing Moussa Djenepo was also left behind having only arrived at Staplewood last Wednesday.

However...

Southampton FC

@SouthamptonFC

·

21h

Welcome, @MoussaDjenepo2

!

1f44b.svg

The #SaintsFC summer signing has arrived in Rotterdam to watch his new teammates in action!

EAj0oGmX4AE4Dlt?format=jpg&name=large

The article is hard to take seriously when it says...

Also, Stephens had missed most of Dublin, seemed to have arrived in Dublin for the last day only, so the injury was more likely picked up at Steplewood or during the Brentford or Preston game.

Still, nice of the Echo to try and give some information. Would be nice to know what is happening with McQueen, and also what has become of Danny Rohl (probably not injured). Apparently missing our Assistant Manager for the entirety of pre-season seems a little unfortunate, given how important he was to Ralph last season. Still has 2 years on his contract.

Also, Stephens had missed most of Dublin, seemed to have arrived in Dublin for the last day only, so the injury was more likely picked up at Steplewood or during the Brentford or Preston game.

Still, nice of the Echo to try and give some information. Would be nice to know what is happening with McQueen, and also what has become of Danny Rohl (probably not injured). Apparently missing our Assistant Manager for the entirety of pre-season seems a little unfortunate, given how important he was to Ralph last season. Still has 2 years on his contract.

Didnt I read, on here i believe, that McQueen is still some way off, possibly another op ?

• 1 month later...
Bertrand apparently was back in light training last Wednesday so you would imagine he will be back after the international break.

good news.

Im sure Djenepo only had a knock..That may be wrong.

Redmond is key, the international break has come at a good time given his injury

So long as they’re all back for the derby I’ll be happy ;)[/

I wouldn’t be chucking any of the new players into the starting lineup for that one, it’s going to be brutal.

Daft thought, most of them have never played in a derby, if not all of them, so makes no odds how long they have been at the club.

good news.

Im sure Djenepo only had a knock..That may be wrong.

Redmond is key, the international break has come at a good time given his injury

Djenepo was described as a muscle problem. That's more than a knock, but could be any degree of seriousness.

They'll be cautious with Redmond. Doubt we'll see him back before Chelsea.

Hopefully Bertrand will be back after the break. Will be a novelty having a LB.

Obafemi was cramp/tweak in his hamstring. Should be back but worrying how delicate he is. Wouldn't be surprised if N'Lundulu doesn't overtake him in the pecking order.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Daft thought, most of them have never played in a derby, if not all of them, so makes no odds how long they have been at the club.

Daft and rude response. We could field a strong team that have played in derbies or and or internationals, Portsmouth is not the only derby. Anyway, getting way off topic.

Daft and rude response. We could field a strong team that have played in derbies or and or internationals, Portsmouth is not the only derby. Anyway, getting way off topic.

Thoughts?
Its all a little strange, especially having sold Targett without being confident enough in Vokins to select him.

We have played more than half our first team games this season without a recognised left back and indeed no left footed players.

Hopefully Bertrand is back for Sheffield Utd and if not hopefully the local media ask the relevant questions.

• 2 weeks later...