Injury Watch

Roger

Incredible to lose Bertrand & Long in one f*cking weekend.

Rotation options taken a bit of a blow.

We're lucky Austin wasn't picked for England or we might have been left with no strikers at all for the Burnley and Inter games. The first half of our season depends on him staying fit until we can buy a replacement for Pelle and Mane in January.

We're lucky Austin wasn't picked for England or we might have been left with no strikers at all for the Burnley and Inter games. The first half of our season depends on him staying fit until we can buy a replacement for Pelle and Mane in January.

:mcinnes:

Oooh, nicely set up. Playing the long game there. Bring on January.

Does anyone actually enjoy international football, aside from perhaps the tournaments?

Would there not be a way to get rid of the mid-season international breaks, have the season start later and/or finish earlier, then have an entire international period in the summer - alternate years including a big tournament at the end. It really is a p1sstake that we lose so many players, Bertrand is an especially key player in our current formation as well, really hope it's nothing serious.

Edited by mrfahaji

So how many have we lost to injury through the ****ing internationally break

Bertrand

Targett

Long

I have missed anyone else?

I missed Targett out as well. So who's going to play left back at the weekend? I'm guessing Yoshida? Always been a bit of a nightmare at full back, but guess we've got no other choice, unless Sam McQueen gets a game now they've seemingly converted him...!

With Cedric, Bertrand and Targett out looks like we'll have Martina - Van Dijk - Fonte - Yoshida with Stephens and maybe McQueen on the bench?!

I missed Targett out as well. So who's going to play left back at the weekend? I'm guessing Yoshida? Always been a bit of a nightmare at full back, but guess we've got no other choice, unless Sam McQueen gets a game now they've seemingly converted him...!

With Cedric, Bertrand and Targett out looks like we'll have Martina - Van Dijk - Fonte - Yoshida with Stephens and maybe McQueen on the bench?!

At the moment that looks likely. I imagine McQueen will get the nod of Yoshida as he is actually playing that position for the under 23s and Yoshida has been turd every time he has been played as a fullback.

Also Yoshida does not play for Japan until tonight in Australia so is likely to be exhausted when he gets back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many internationals do Burnley have? Our team is going to be knackered for Sunday I can imagine most of their team have had a nice week of rest....

Any news on the good lad Gardos? He's been in recovery / about to make a comeback for about 6 months.

Been in the last few training galleries! ?

More than a few, he has been in them for over a month. He is the 4th choice centre back though, so when Fonte/van Dijk/Yoshida are all fit he isn't going to be in the match day squad of 18.

More than a few, he has been in them for over a month. He is the 4th choice centre back though, so when Fonte/van Dijk/Yoshida are all fit he isn't going to be in the match day squad of 18.

Given the current state of our fullbacks I could quite easily see a situation where Yoshida is in to cover them and Gardos to cover the centre backs.

Or we could even see a 3 man defence of Yoshida Virgil Fonte with wingbacks. If Koeman was still here I'd expect to see that rolled out but not sure if it's Puel's bag.

Bertrand is key with Targett out too!

I am happy with Martins for Cedric until he recovers. ( not much between these two)

Puel made a mistake today by risking Targett when all the rumours suggested he was still recovering from injury... and it didn't work out and we are probably in an even worse place now. Thankfully he didn't risk Shane Long who has at least a few more days to recover. After today's episode Puel will surely have realised that Bertrand should not be rushed back. It is likely Ryan came back too soon from his pre-season injury and look what happened to him after that, if he comes in again too soon and has another setback like Matt we risk losing him for most of the season. Maya Yoshida ha stop play her on Thursday and probably next weekend as well.

Puel made a mistake today by risking Targett when all the rumours suggested he was still recovering from injury... and it didn't work out and we are probably in an even worse place now. Thankfully he didn't risk Shane Long who has at least a few more days to recover. After today's episode Puel will surely have realised that Bertrand should not be rushed back. It is likely Ryan came back too soon from his pre-season injury and look what happened to him after that, if he comes in again too soon and has another setback like Matt we risk losing him for most of the season. Maya Yoshida ha stop play her on Thursday and probably next weekend as well.

maybe he didnt listen to rumour and only listened to facts from the medical team?

Saw Shane Long at border control at Bournemouth Airport earlier and he was milling around 'normally' with the rest of the players. I've no idea how debilitating a hamstring injury is but he didn't look like someone who was nursing a significant injury.

I'll stick to my theme so here we go again, having not learned the obvious lesson of Sunday of bringing Targett back too soon we do the same stupid trick again by bringing Long back in when not fully recovered. For heaven's sake don't lets panic after last night's defeat and rush Cedric or Ryan back for Sunday or Thursday. What we do against City is anybody's guess but drafting in half fit players is not the solution.