Injury Watch

Roger

Les Reed forcing Koeman and Fonte out and possibly even VVD. Hush your mouth! Les Reed is our god and saviour. Davis and Prowse every time over Hazard and Kante, or any midfielder in any team above Saints. We have the best midfield combination in the Premiership bar none.................................goals that is.

Only an idiot would compare Kante and Hazard to JWP and Davis.... ...OH

Van Dijk damaged a ligament in the sole of his foot during the victory over the Foxes

I might be being a bit dim here (for once), but how did he damage a ligament on the underside of his foot when, I assume, Vardy stamped on the top of his foot? Could it be that he damaged the ligament as a result of playing on for a few minutes because he was over-compensating/protecting the Vardy injury?

I might be being a bit dim here (for once), but how did he damage a ligament on the underside of his foot when, I assume, Vardy stamped on the top of his foot? Could it be that he damaged the ligament as a result of playing on for a few minutes because he was over-compensating/protecting the Vardy injury?

Letting him play on is looking more bizarre every day.

Who knows. The stamp might have twisted his foot or stretched his arch underneath. Or he might have damaged it subsequently.

Alex Crook in tomorrows Daily Star: Van Dijk to leave Saints after injury mismanagement bust up.

VVD aside, I wonder if this may be an explanation for the club's appalling injury record? Comparing our number of injuries, and length out, to other clubs (especially Leicester) begs the question: what the **** is going on?

VVD aside, I wonder if this may be an explanation for the club's appalling injury record? Comparing our number of injuries, and length out, to other clubs (especially Leicester) begs the question: what the **** is going on?

I believe with our close ties to solent uni we have one of the best sports science department's in the country do we not ?

I believe with our close ties to solent uni we have one of the best sports science department's in the country do we not ?

Does not look like it

Evidence seems to suggest otherwise. We've certainly got first class facilities (thank you Markus) but maybe not the best people.

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

You are all jumping to conclusions to make the leap from injuries to players = medical staff have done something wrong

That is an extremely flawed way to look at it, you'd need to look at each injury individually and none of us have enough information to make such a judgement. It is possible for players to be injured through no fault of their own or the club's medical staff.

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

You are all jumping to conclusions to make the leap from injuries to players = medical staff have done something wrong

That is an extremely flawed way to look at it, you'd need to look at each injury individually and none of us have enough information to make such a judgement. It is possible for players to be injured through no fault of their own or the club's medical staff.

Short term that's true, but over the long term you can see a pattern. Compare our record (and Arsenal's) versus Leicester's, and tell me that we and Arsenal are consistently unlucky and Leicester are consistently lucky. Sorry I don't buy it.

how long has McCarthy been out for?

what is actually wrong with him?

A real shame, he played on in the Sunderland cup game despite being in real discomfort and hasn't been seen since. I rate him as a keeper hopefully will get a full pre season in and get back to challenging for the England squad again.

I dont think there is a problem with the medical team.

I think these injuries are taking a long time to clear up due to Uncle Les's eye on the bank balance.

I wouldnt be surprised if we dont see much of Manolo until the end of the season. Some f**ker will make a bid over the summer.

I dont think there is a problem with the medical team.

I think these injuries are taking a long time to clear up due to Uncle Les's eye on the bank balance.

I wouldnt be surprised if we dont see much of Manolo until the end of the season. Some f**ker will make a bid over the summer.

I think it's you that needs medical attention. Mentally ill.

OS says dropped from the squad. Why? Resting him in preparation for the big games ahead or has he had another fall out with CP?

"Another" fallout? When was the first?

He was having a go at Redmond a lot during the Bournemouth game so maybe Puel trying to nip some disruptiveness in the bud?

He was having a go at Redmond a lot during the Bournemouth game so maybe Puel trying to nip some disruptiveness in the bud?

He had a huge training ground bust up with Puel. I can't remember exact dates but it wasn't long after Puel joined us. I think Bertrand was coming back from injury. There's rumours doing the rounds that they had to be separated on the training ground again yesterday. Players had to separate them after Bertrand questioned Puel's managerial ability.

Redmond and Bertrand are the best of mates so i doubt it although they do often like to give it to each other on the pitch.

I expect he needed a rest after playing both England matches too.

He had a huge training ground bust up with Puel. I can't remember exact dates but it wasn't long after Puel joined us. I think Bertrand was coming back from injury. There's rumours doing the rounds that they had to be separated on the training ground again yesterday. Players had to separate them after Bertrand questioned Puel's managerial ability.

Wasnt the alleged bust up proven to have been "fake news" at the time? Think you might find it was generated by this same joke website. Just remove Tadic and add Bertrand...

http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=30&buying=4&selling=3&player=1

Edited by Katalinic

Do you get a kick out of making up fake bust ups, rumours, injuries and signings?

Where are you hearing/reading these "rumours"?