Injury Watch

Roger

Do you get a kick out of making up fake bust ups, rumours, injuries and signings?

No. When exactly did I make up stories about fake bust ups, rumours, injuries and signings? I simply asked if anybody knew if there was any truth in it. A google search links to at least two reports of a bust up. I just wondered if they were true. As somebody has pointed out, (without being a complete ***** about it) it was fake news. I didn't make anything up so why don't you wind your neck in and get your facts straight.

General question about injured players: in what way are they still involved with the squad? Are they required to be at games? Are they at team meetings? Or are they going through the recovery process completely separately? I’ve seen Gabba in the crowd during his injury, but I haven’t spotted VVD, for example. Their own choice? Depending on the stage of recovery?

General question about injured players: in what way are they still involved with the squad? Are they required to be at games? Are they at team meetings? Or are they going through the recovery process completely separately? I’ve seen Gabba in the crowd during his injury, but I haven’t spotted VVD, for example. Their own choice? Depending on the stage of recovery?

Virgil features prominently in the matchday uncovered video from last night. In fact he tries to eat the camera in the corridor. Virgil seems happy and loving life at Saints (he says optimistically!)

Virgil features prominently in the matchday uncovered video from last night. In fact he tries to eat the camera in the corridor. Virgil seems happy and loving life at Saints (he says optimistically!)

Still on crutches though... :(

oOvYsDivF2Von-V84ggNNWemX-2nQ_8YYyiX5dc4FhcDp3OAQ0OIBtOkDLLPTHXCS8RuBMm8ZYZOnY5E8hdLw1ToMs0qjE5gY9XAfZqN3NipINuuHh9Upvr6S17bXgAhBWId9YZmjPejZkRIXCFb8Vn3zFOpFfC4xbIW3mAvlL-q3t9TjG7Mub-ZxYclQ8xqjJtJHYMqFbg2QGq2ewqOhr4MveM-ip1IeR1Z105QiMuIqaSXYIt442gAVepvma55s19fuQ5PkjzJ7djwZux9g0LLt-azfdrSWH3894HC0KGFjoOkIMtDqFyiWjSwDAikNdtHiuODGpYWcxI0JTNnCYC3o4fv4HzW9JT_z-H4w5ryBrxIbkltf6-yr7ubdIyxu6zIN9fwp7-Nw-pO9s40y4DENHKp1aq1KxXdQLdPTWc8d5BvCBGOeBZmBVVD6mrdhSZWRSSyI1g4zDq-LnKW_eIxCzCTBuoJ7jAzCBA7X1Gg1CYi3eTXxOPyUAURUa9d0qNyiSJ7SsGT9OtoQPXloZb1v34exEVL-8Hh6EblL99zAzG__VK_dAXUDpWnCr3tFaDMpY4hGYiuL7MQspoK6UUOcR5k3EXKkxNjmZzkqUCKJk4XpRSRkg=w1204-h653-no

@AdamBlackmore: Claude Puel told me last night he's "sure Steven Davis can return before end of season" - said he was lucky not to break a bone. #saintsfc

We seem to have a habit of players continuing when they are clearly injured. McCarthy did his hammy and carried on with one leg, VVD played on, quite ridiculously, and then Davis didn't go straight off either. Bizarre.

We seem to have a habit of players continuing when they are clearly injured. McCarthy did his hammy and carried on with one leg, VVD played on, quite ridiculously, and then Davis didn't go straight off either. Bizarre.

The club needs to take a long, hard look into how they handle (and prevent) injuries. Our track record over the last few seasons is appalling. Maybe they need to bring in someone who knows what they're doing in that regard.

What's Nigel Pearson up to nowadays?

The club needs to take a long, hard look into how they handle (and prevent) injuries. Our track record over the last few seasons is appalling. Maybe they need to bring in someone who knows what they're doing in that regard.

Tbf a lot of the big one's we've had really can't be avoided. We actually don't have too many soft tissue injuries. Well not above normal for a season anyway.

Adkins was a Physio not Pearson.

Was I the only one that thought it bad luck on our part that Gabbi has missed three games with a minor groin strain yet Kane has missed the same number with ankle ligament damage? Spurs must be doing something right in the medical department!

Was I the only one that thought it bad luck on our part that Gabbi has missed three games with a minor groin strain yet Kane has missed the same number with ankle ligament damage? Spurs must be doing something right in the medical department!

Or he's on lots of painkillers and injections in order to help his club win the league and has been rushed back on the pitch; therefore will be out from the end of the season properly injured?

Very good point.

Or he's on lots of painkillers and injections in order to help his club win the league and has been rushed back on the pitch; therefore will be out from the end of the season properly injured?

I cant imagine Spurs risking that as they have coped adequately withour Kane.

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

Very good point.

:mcinnes:

No it isn't, it is a bizarre & irrelevant point. Different injuries have different levels if severity. None of us have a clue as to the exact details of either Kane or Gabbiadini's injuries.

not sure the club ever actually said it was a `minor groin strain'. Tricky injury. Rush him back too early and there is a danger he will do further damage and he will miss the rest of the season.

The slight positive is that it gives Puel an excellent opportunity to really evaluate Long and Rodriguez before the summer coming and goings.

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

:mcinnes:

No it isn't, it is a bizarre & irrelevant point. Different injuries have different levels if severity. None of us have a clue as to the exact details of either Kane or Gabbiadini's injuries.

Don't really see how its 'bizarre or irrelevant' - just saying that Spurs have done well to get a player back onto the pitch in 3 weeks when the press reports stated he had ankle ligament damage (which on the whole tends to keep players out for significantly longer).

Don't really see how its 'bizarre or irrelevant' - just saying that Spurs have done well to get a player back onto the pitch in 3 weeks when the press reports stated he had ankle ligament damage (which on the whole tends to keep players out for significantly longer).

It wasn't as bad as it was last time and they also said due to the scare tissue already there from last time it would heal much quicker !

TBF Kane`s injury is irrelevant to Saints... ;)

According to one press report Gabbiadini was considered for the West Brom game but failed a late fitness test. Could be positive news for the Man City game.

Or.... it could be bad news if the reason he "failed a late fitness test" was because he aggravated the injury during said test.... And, yes, my middle name is indeed 'cheerful'... ;)

Sorry James but it is completely misleading to pick two unrelated events and attempt to a draw a correlation that simply doesn't exist. If it's any consolation though, the answer to your question is you weren't the only one to make the same mistake.

Sorry James but it is completely misleading to pick two unrelated events and attempt to a draw a correlation that simply doesn't exist. If it's any consolation though, the answer to your question is you weren't the only one to make the same mistake.

I'm not drawing any conclusion between the two incidents. Just remarking upon how Spurs are lucky to have a key man back from what is usually perceived as a more serious injury and that it is perhaps unlucky that our key man has missed 3 games with what Puel described as a minor groin strain. Don't make any comment as to the quality of our medical team at all.

Did you actually read my responce beyond the opening sentence? It appears you did and instead concentrated on the opening sentance and ignored the rest. They explain why your thinking is flawed.

Different injuries have different levels if severity. None of us have a clue as to the exact details of either Kane or Gabbiadini's injuries.

Plus I don't know where you got "minor groin strain" "ankle ligament damage" from. Are you aware even if those are what they had, that there are different levels of groin and ankle ligament injuries. Some groin and ankle problems are more severe than others.

Neither of us are aware of the exact details of the injury so it is bizarre you use it as a stick to beat the club with.

Did you actually read my responce beyond the opening sentence? It appears you did and instead concentrated on the opening sentance and ignored the rest. They explain why your thinking is flawed.

Different injuries have different levels if severity. None of us have a clue as to the exact details of either Kane or Gabbiadini's injuries.

Plus I don't know where you got "minor groin strain" "ankle ligament damage" from. Are you aware even if those are what they had, that there are different levels of groin and ankle ligament injuries. Some groin and ankle problems are more severe than others.

Neither of us are aware of the exact details of the injury so it is bizarre you use it as a stick to beat the club with.

Maybe, we sign or have more players who are injury-prone?

Btw its sentence, not sentance.

Christ, calm down will you or go and argue with your own shadow somewhere else.

I sometimes wonder whether forums are for debating anymore or just a vehicle for sad busy know it alls to get their fix.

I'd normally not respond but given you are such a pedant I will. Where in my post did I use it as a stick to beat the club with? Maybe you should read the whole of my post and try not to infer things that aren't in it.

As to where I got the information from - I was merely using the public information available:

Gabbiadini: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/15167119.Saints_hopeful_on_Gabbiadini_injury/ also see Puel's comment after the game: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-03-20/claude-puel-manolo-gabbiadini-injury-post-tottenham-southampton ("I think and hope it is not bad")

Kane: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/14/harry-kane-suffers-ankle-ligament-damage-huge-blow-tottenham/ (as reported at the time and confirmed by Spurs to be ankle ligament damage)

And no, I'm not a doctor but I do think that the Spurs medical team have done well to get Kane back on the pitch within a month following an injury they considered to be "similar" to one which kept him out much longer earlier in the season.

To reiterate - this is not a comment or slur against our medical staff or their quality.

I'd normally not respond but given you are such a pedant I will. Where in my post did I use it as a stick to beat the club with? Maybe you should read the whole of my post and try not to infer things that aren't in it.

As to where I got the information from - I was merely using the public information available:

Gabbiadini: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/15167119.Saints_hopeful_on_Gabbiadini_injury/ also see Puel's comment after the game: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-03-20/claude-puel-manolo-gabbiadini-injury-post-tottenham-southampton ("I think and hope it is not bad")

Kane: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/14/harry-kane-suffers-ankle-ligament-damage-huge-blow-tottenham/ (as reported at the time and confirmed by Spurs to be ankle ligament damage)

And no, I'm not a doctor but I do think that the Spurs medical team have done well to get Kane back on the pitch within a month following an injury they considered to be "similar" to one which kept him out much longer earlier in the season.

To reiterate - this is not a comment or slur against our medical staff or their quality.

You still appear confused that "ankle ligament damage" isn't a catch all phrase, there are varying degrees of severity of all injuries. I've pointed this out to you a few times now and you haven't grasped the concept.

You still appear confused that "ankle ligament damage" isn't a catch all phrase, there are varying degrees of severity of all injuries. I've pointed this out to you a few times now and you haven't grasped the concept.

No, I've understood it well thanks. Please see my link where it is compared to the injury that he suffered earlier in the season (albeit acknowledged as hopefully not being quite as severe). Thanks for the unnecessarily patronising response though.

No, I've understood it well thanks. Please see my link where it is compared to the injury that he suffered earlier in the season (albeit acknowledged as hopefully not being quite as severe). Thanks for the unnecessarily patronising response though.

Your beating your head against a brick wall, he just wants a long running argument to occupy his time.