Injury Watch

Roger

No, I've understood it well thanks. Please see my link where it is compared to the injury that he suffered earlier in the season (albeit acknowledged as hopefully not being quite as severe). Thanks for the unnecessarily patronising response though.

I dont think he is patronising you at all I just think he is saying you are talking Bollix which is probably true because there are varying degrees of severity of all injuries and varying times for players to recover from them

I dont think he is patronising you at all I just think he is saying you are talking Bollix which is probably true because there are varying degrees of severity of all injuries and varying times for players to recover from them

I've never denied that, thanks for pointing it out again though. Think I've got the message now (finally).

Here you go - Gabbiadini was back in training this morning so should be ok for Saturday!

Thanks for this -good news. Enjoy an update whilst you can folks before its lost in the plethora of idiotic posts by the usual suspects.

Here you go - Gabbiadini was back in training this morning so should be ok for Saturday!

Great news. Where's that reported or are you ITK? If he's only returned today I'd imagine he will start on the bench on Saturday.

Pleased to see that Stephen Davis has recovered from injury and will be surprised if 'Davo' isn't in the starting line-up but with Hojbjerg and Claisie having played well at The Hawthorns, it's not an easy decision for the Manager. My guess is that Pierre-Emile will lose out to Davis with Jordy keeping his place after that excellent goal.

when is VVD back, if ever, for us?

If his instagram is anything to go by, he's currently doing some running work in the gym.

I'm not sure it's in anyone's interests to rush him back for a couple of pointless games at the end of the season so we may have seen the last of him in a Saints shirt

Sounds like he won't play again this season from Puel. Wouldn't want to jeopardise the sale, huh? Perhaps already stipulated by buyer...

Shame when people make statements like this with no evidence. Best leave the fake news to the tabloid hacks. VVD won't play until he has recovered sufficiently to return to full training, just as Targett and Austin have this week. Whether that will be before the end of the season is in the hands of the physios.

If his instagram is anything to go by, he's currently doing some running work in the gym.

I'm not sure it's in anyone's interests to rush him back for a couple of pointless games at the end of the season so we may have seen the last of him in a Saints shirt

He posted today on Instagram showing him doing ball work, so progressed on from the running in the gym, but clearly still a few weeks away from returning to full training.

Or he could be aiming for the 3 fixtures that Netherlands have at the end of the season :-

[TABLE=class: table-stats, width: 624]

[TR]

[TH=class: statistics, align: left][/TH]

[TH=class: match-competition, align: left]Competition[/TH]

[TH=class: match-details, align: left]Fixture[/TH]

[TH=class: match-date, align: left]Date[/TH]

[TH=class: kickoff, align: left]Kick-off[/TH]

[TH=class: status, align: left]Status[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=class: preview, bgcolor: #F5F5F5]

[TD=class: statistics show][/TD]

[TD=class: match-competition, align: left]International Friendlies[/TD]

[TD=class: match-details teams]

Morocco

v

[/TD]

[TD=class: match-date]Wed 31 May[/TD]

[TD=class: kickoff]00:00[/TD]

[TD=class: status][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: table-stats, width: 624]

[TR]

[TH=class: statistics, align: left][/TH]

[TH=class: match-competition, align: left]Competition[/TH]

[TH=class: match-details, align: left]Fixture[/TH]

[TH=class: match-date, align: left]Date[/TH]

[TH=class: kickoff, align: left]Kick-off[/TH]

[TH=class: status, align: left]Status[/TH]

[/TR]

[TD=class: match-competition, align: left]International Friendlies[/TD]

v

[/TD]

[TD=class: match-date]Sun 4 Jun[/TD]

[TD=class: kickoff]18:30[/TD]

[TD=class: status][/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: match-competition, align: left]World Cup Qualifying - European - Group A[/TD]

v

Luxembourg

[/TD]

[TD=class: match-date]Fri 9 Jun[/TD]

[TD=class: kickoff]19:45[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I read a fan post on twitter yesterday that claims forster has ongoing injury which limits his ability to dive on his left side. I then noticed he was walking ever so gingerly into stadium today. Anyone heard anything concrete about this?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

An injury would certainly explain why he's been so poor.

He must also mean our other goalkeepers are woeful.

The club are very often guarded about the length/type of long term injury a player has. Probably just a case of trying to brush bad news under the carpet..!

I still don't think anyone really knows what happened to VVD? Ankle, Foot, toe..?

The club are very often guarded about the length/type of long term injury a player has. Probably just a case of trying to brush bad news under the carpet..!

I still don't think anyone really knows what happened to VVD? Ankle, Foot, toe..?

I honestly believe that the reason he is out for so long is that we are protecting the huge transfer that is obviously going to happen. Getting our man tip top before cashing in.

Ankle ligaments, I would assume.

I read a fan post on twitter yesterday that claims forster has ongoing injury which limits his ability to dive on his left side. I then noticed he was walking ever so gingerly into stadium today. Anyone heard anything concrete about this?

Except he doesn't dive well to his right either.

I think he's just an imobile lump who has had his limited goalkeeping skills well disguised by a strong defence (and playing in a tinpot league) before this season.

well given he's back running it can't be that

This is the one thing that properly annoys me, why is it so hard for the club to be honest and transparent about injuries? It's like it's the worlds closet guarded secret, I don't see who it benefits. Just frustrates the **** out of us.

This is the one thing that properly annoys me, why is it so hard for the club to be honest and transparent about injuries? It's like it's the worlds closet guarded secret, I don't see who it benefits. Just frustrates the **** out of us.

The club is even more of a closed shop now compared to when Cortese was here. That must be by design....takeover maybe??

It's true . Hip injury he has been carrying most of the season.