Injury Watch

Roger

The "Physio Room" website shows VVD supposedly due back 8 April with Austin and Targett both listed as 1 April.

I am not saying this is gospel but I hope it would be based on some sort of information rather than a wild guess.

Pied and McCarthy are not due back this season according to the same website.

We have 5 players listed as injured, which is an improvement on the 10 we had listed about a month ago.

The "Physio Room" website shows VVD supposedly due back 8 April with Austin and Targett both listed as 1 April.

I am not saying this is gospel but I hope it would be based on some sort of information rather than a wild guess.

Pied and McCarthy are not due back this season according to the same website.

We have 5 players listed as injured, which is an improvement on the 10 we had listed about a month ago.

Where it says "major doubt" in the right-hand column for VvD, it means they really haven't a clue

Not sure how anyone can say someone has suffered similar given we don't even know what it is he's done!

Of course we don't, but any ankle injury that keeps a player out of action for several months has to be considered as serious. Injuries never heal completely, there's always scar tissue and structural weaknesses.

It states quite clearly in the pre-contract VVD has signed with Manchester City that he shouldn't play again this season, for risk of damaging the most sought after ankle in world football. * could be a fib

Of course we don't, but any ankle injury that keeps a player out of action for several months has to be considered as serious. Injuries never heal completely, there's always scar tissue and structural weaknesses.

I was told it was a metatarsal injury and 3 months out just saying so mid April return

Are VVD and Austin on the trampoline with him? They should try some synchronised back flips for fun!

Please no!!

Many press reports about the dangers of the new trampoline parks that have been set up throughout the country.

Suggest the club invests in a properly qualified trampoline coach first

Please no!!

Many press reports about the dangers of the new trampoline parks that have been set up throughout the country.

Suggest the club invests in a properly qualified trampoline coach first

If we did, the dippers would poach him.

It all depends on what kind of muscle strain Gabbi has. It's classed grade 1 till 3, with 1 being a minor strain (3-5 weeks) and grade 3 the most severe, on the verge of a torn muscle (around 8 weeks). It also depends if the player has had a similar injury in the past.

bull****, we still have to properly replace Fonte and that's why we are looking at defenders. The club can add another 10m-20m to the price by simply letting Van Dijk play again for us next season. Defenders in the prem arent going to get any better suddenly. Someone will want him and be even more desperate next time out. Also I don't believe Yoshida or Caceres are going to be relied upon as one of our first choice CB's long term.

Southampton @SouthamptonFC

Claude Puel confirms @Mgabbia23 will miss Saturday's game against #AFCB through injury. #saintsfc

Puel adds that he hopes @chazaustin10 will return from injury in about three weeks' time. #saintsfc

Puel on Martín Cáceres: "He works very well and is available. I need to check the fitness of our international players today." #saintsfc

Edited by SuperSAINT

Puel also said he hasn't ruled out VvD being back before the end of the season. Sounded about 50/50 to me.

SSN reporting he's out til the end of the season...

If true, doubt we'll see him in a saints shirt again.

Hard to see VVD being available for more than one or two games in the last weeks of the season and if thats the case, why risk it?

Exactly, if I was the club I wouldnt risk playing VVD. Get him fit and in amazing shape for next season, no need to rush him through his recovery just to get him fit for the last game. To many players get rushed through their recovery, just to get injured soon after (Arsenal players being a good example).

Exactly, if I was the club I wouldnt risk playing VVD. Get him fit and in amazing shape for next season, no need to rush him through his recovery just to get him fit for the last game. To many players get rushed through their recovery, just to get injured soon after (Arsenal players being a good example).

Optimistic!

Isn't it a little bit strange to say this publicly...?

"The club hoped he would recover in time to feature before the end of the season, but, while his treatment and recovery is progressing well, the Dutch international will not be risked unnecessarily."

Edited by beavis17

Isn't it a little bit strange to say this publicly...?

"The club hoped he would recover in time to feature before the end of the season, but, while his treatment and recovery is progressing well, the Dutch international will not be risked unnecessarily."

Protecting his value....

It's always disappointing when a good player leaves, but I think it would hit new heights if we lose Virg having not seen him play since January when he was in the form of his life. I've always had a sneaky feeling we'd get another season out of him, and I reeeeeeally hope that's the case. Come on, one season of a fit Virg, Gabbiadini and Romeu all in the same side, and let's see what we can do.

Yep, absolutley crystal clear statement that he will be gone.... indisputable facts :rolleyes:

He will be here next season....

IMO

I believe he will be here too.

They gave him the captaincy on condition he is happy and wants to stay for next season.

The only way he will leave is if Reed forced him because it's too big of a fee to turn down.

Les Reed forcing Koeman and Fonte out and possibly even VVD. Hush your mouth! Les Reed is our god and saviour. Davis and Prowse every time over Hazard and Kante, or any midfielder in any team above Saints. We have the best midfield combination in the Premiership bar none.................................goals that is.

Les Reed forcing Koeman and Fonte out and possibly even VVD. Hush your mouth! Les Reed is our god and saviour. Davis and Prowse every time over Hazard and Kante, or any midfielder in any team above Saints. We have the best midfield combination in the Premiership bar none.................................goals that is.

Well done you to get a negative Prowse/Davis reference in there. Still a perfect 100% score after 45 posts. Trolling or not, it's impressive (in that non-impressive kind of way).