Tadic

Lighthouse

This

Exactly. He was at his best last season on the left. He and Bertrand built a very good relationship attacking down the left. Hope he stays there as Sadio looked dangerous on the right today- from memory Tadic was only removed from the left after Sadio arrived.

Excellent player. needs to play more alongside JRod and Mane, as a 3 behind Pelle.

Hopefully when window closes and Wanyama screws his head back on him, alongside the excellent today Romeu will form a concrete base for the forwards to push on and create havoc in front of.

Clasie will get games too and rotate.

Hopefully we get Van Dijk over the line and Bertrand back, then it is all looking quite positive again.

One issue though is right back. Not convinced with Soares against stronger, more athletic opponents. normally not an issue for fullbacks who whilst often smaller than opponents clearly, compensate with speed. It would appear he has nowhere near the same ability in pace as Clyne, so in this department we have significantly downgraded. Time will tell and games are few so far of course but can't see us getting a third right back in. but

Width is such a big factor of our game and someone like Byram or Micah Richards who is now captaining the Villa defence would've been ideal.

Lets see. Hopefully onwards and upwards!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent player. needs to play more alongside JRod and Mane, as a 3 behind Pelle.

Hopefully when window closes and Wanyama screws his head back on him, alongside the excellent today Romeu will form a concrete base for the forwards to push on and create havoc in front of.

Clasie will get games too and rotate.

Hopefully we get Van Dijk over the line and Bertrand back, then it is all looking quite positive again.

One issue though is right back. Not convinced with Soares against stronger, more athletic opponents. normally not an issue for fullbacks who whilst often smaller than opponents clearly, compensate with speed. It would appear he has nowhere near the same ability in pace as Clyne, so in this department we have significantly downgraded. Time will tell and games are few so far of course but can't see us getting a third right back in. but

Width is such a big factor of our game and someone like Byram or Micah Richards who is now captaining the Villa defence would've been ideal.

Lets see. Hopefully onwards and upwards!

Getting forward he is very good. With Mane today they were tearing Norwich apart down the right with their movement. His crossing is pretty good to. Defensively he is not in Clyne's class so needs a bit of protection from his team mates IMO.

Getting forward he is very good. With Mane today they were tearing Norwich apart down the right with their movement. His crossing is pretty good to. Defensively he is not in Clyne's class so needs a bit of protection from his team mates IMO.

agreed. gets down the line well and has a good cross on him.

Cracking performance and a pleasure to watch when he's on song, especially when Mane's doing the same on the other side.

Looked a bit of a dive for the second yellow from where I was - anyone who watched on TV able to shed some light?

Whittaker had his arm locked yes he went down easily but a second yellow without a doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better. I'm sure Fitzhugh even enjoyed his performance!

Key with him is consistency, no question he has the talent.

I won't be churlish and admit he did well...... today, but of course one swallow does not make a summer. He has skill to spare which is why he is so frustrating when he fails to deliver. But I didn't like his card waving antics towards the ref, had a Norwich player done that we would all be incensed. He has a long way to go to get into my good books but this is a new start for him and let's hope last seasons inconsistencies are a thing of the past.

Cracking performance and a pleasure to watch when he's on song, especially when Mane's doing the same on the other side.

Looked a bit of a dive for the second yellow from where I was - anyone who watched on TV able to shed some light?

Milked a little for sure, but it was a clear yellow. Crazy from Whittaker gien his earlier, similarly crazy, booking. But yeah I hate seeing players, any players, waving for cards. It's a blight. Wouldn't have been against Tadic getting a yellow himself for that. Would stamp it out a bit.

Radical should have been cautioned for unsporting behaviour but Whittaker's actions were unbelievably stupid, even for a footballer.

Didn't see the imaginary card waving until last night on MOTD, but on Whittaker when he got his first yellow for silliness I said to my mate that is a silly cheap booking to get especially for a defender, if the ref is on his game that could be like Coutinio yesterday............... Ooooops silly boy.

I have no issue with players appealing for cards to be shown when such cynical fouls have taken place. The Norwich player was the unsporting one for committing cynical fouls, not Tadic. Quite right he was sent off

Waving imaginary cards is a bookable offence iirc!?