Sadio Mane: I'll stay

Monk

Have it on good authority he has told the club he's happy to stay, only willing to go if it's right for everybody.

Saints wouldn't allow him to talk to the media and Saints are very ****ed off with Sky.

Missed the bit with Sky as I don't have it and was at the game.....what's the beef?

Have it on good authority he has told the club he's happy to stay, only willing to go if it's right for everybody.

Saints wouldn't allow him to talk to the media and Saints are very ****ed off with Sky.

That might be something to do with a Sky (Spurs supporting) journalist putting stuff all over Twitter and embellishing the story.

Think he's had his knuckles rapped!'!!!!

All players move on if they are good enough! But you sign a contract for a reason and should see it out unless it is beneficial for all parties! Morgan moved on to a top 4 club but after 6 years! Even with mini hissy fit, he knuckled down for a year and got dream move! Also left with blessing of Saints fans! Sulking isn't the way to go about it and VW will end damaging his own career if he continues down that road! Very impressed all round today!!

He hasn't.

Indeed it was the Telegraph who first broke the Mane story and from their perspective it was a fair story anyway and had truth behind it.

The Wanyama stuff seems pretty spot on reporting too seeing as RK confirmed he handed in a transfer request.

The media are just doing their job.

All players move on if they are good enough! But you sign a contract for a reason and should see it out unless it is beneficial for all parties! Morgan moved on to a top 4 club but after 6 years! Even with mini hissy fit, he knuckled down for a year and got dream move! Also left with blessing of Saints fans! Sulking isn't the way to go about it and VW will end damaging his own career if he continues down that road! Very impressed all round today!!

!!!

Was told by one of the people that sit behind us that a young lad said to Sadio when he arrived at the ground today please don't go Sadio and the reply in broken English was I'm not going anywhere.

That was last week (unless it happened again), video last week is on Twitter I believe.

Just seen Sotonist has basically said the same already)

How naive I am to say Mane was happy. I guess St Charlie and The9 know their stuff more than Silly naive me.

I've never even offered an opinion on whether Mane would stay or go in this window, just that he's on my shortlist of players I expect to leave next summer. Don't let that stop you spouting utter nonsense though.

In fact, you can even check my posting history here: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/member.php?107-The9. Before today I hadn't even posted since Tuesday - something to do with going to Denmark and back...

I have never once mentioned Mane either leaving or staying, and actually I didn't think he was leaving. I don't think Wanyama is either, though HE clearly wants to. Stick to getting p155ed off about you being proven wrong about things when I actually DO say them (eg Koeman not permanently switching to a back 5, no-one in history listing the goalkeeper in the formation, etc.)

Edited by The9

The9 respect that you went to Denmark.

Go have a chat with Koeman about his preferred systems of play and then read my post again.

That I wish to include a goalkeeper in my system is just correct, because we don't play with 10 players.

Have a chat with the FA on including a goalkeeper.

Seems like you haven't proved anything.

By the way if I want to find out something, then I go and talk with Les Reed, RK, Sammy Lee, Matt Le Tissier, Mane, Mane's agent, Wanyama, Jay-Rod, Clyne, Schneiderlin and any of the back room staff. I don't read gossip it's usually orchestrated.

I like to deal in fact.

We could also go for a pint next time I'm in Southampton. You never know you might even like me after all we support the same.

Edited by Andy Durman

Go have a chat with Koeman about his preferred systems of play and then read my post again.

That I wish to include a goalkeeper in my system is just correct, because we don't play with 10 players.

By the way if I want to find out something, then I go and talk with Les Reed, RK, Sammy Lee, Matt Le Tissier, Mane, Mane's agent, Wanyama, Jay-Rod, Clyne, Schneiderlin and any of the back room staff. I don't read gossip it's usually orchestrated.

I like to deal in fact.

We could also go for a pint next time I'm in Southampton. You never know you might even like me after all we support the same.

If you include the keeper when talking about formations then you are a little bit weird.

Not enough facepalmery for that response. A second generation of ARTs.

PS I met Javi a few times (the ex was "credited" with introducing him to Saints in a 2000s edition of Saints magazine), relatively un-nutty, terrible footballer though, turned up at Fleming Park with all of us expecting him to be good because... Spanish... and he just... wasn't. :D

Edited by The9

I like to deal in fact.

I think Wanyama must have been telling you a porky then when he told you he was happy at southampton, seeing as how only a few days later he's not mentally able to play for us. Of course you had it all from the horses mouth pal.

I think Wanyama must have been telling you a porky then when he told you he was happy at southampton, seeing as how only a few days later he's not mentally able to play for us. Of course you had it all from the horses mouth pal.

I don't believe he was Turkish. He was looking forward to the new season. I knew by the responses from Clyne and Schneiderlin that they were off, but Wanyama was different. It's a recent event this change of heart and disappointing.

I've played football for 40 years. I am a full time football trainer in Austria. I train academy trainers, children and adults. I do it for the love and not the pennies that I get paid. I have my qualifications in Austria and am now gaining my FA badges.

Please respect what I do and accept that football is a game of opinions.

Respect my opinions.

Its not just Sky though, I listened to the game on TalkSport on Sunday and Collymore and the other commentator (Proudfoot I think) was keeping on about Mane and Wanyama about where they are going next throughout the game.....you would have thought they were done deals the way they kept on! I couldn't wait to get in reach of Radio Solent so I wouldn't have to listen to them anymore.

It's a recent event this change of heart and disappointing.

From watching the games and how our confidence dropped it looked like something happened between the second Vitesse match and Everton which shook the squad. Perhaps Wanyama had a big falling out with someone?

Good player and a fan favourite specially for the children, reason my 4 year old loves him is because he was so nice to him by moving the fat 40 plus year olds trying to get a autograph to sell on out of the way, then letting me take a photo with him and he waved and said bye back to my son when he got in his car.

Really hope we can just offer him loads of money and try and get back into Europa and that will hopefully be enough to keep him here another season at least.

Its not just Sky though, I listened to the game on TalkSport on Sunday and Collymore and the other commentator (Proudfoot I think) was keeping on about Mane and Wanyama about where they are going next throughout the game.....you would have thought they were done deals the way they kept on! I couldn't wait to get in reach of Radio Solent so I wouldn't have to listen to them anymore.

It's just too easy working for the media, saying anything that crosses your excuse for a mind, regardless of truth or honesty. It was always said that there is nothing as old as yesterday's newspapers and it's still true in the broadcast and digital age. When the mistakes and misleading remarks they make become apparent the next day, they know they won't be held to account for it.

It's just too easy working for the media, saying anything that crosses your excuse for a mind, regardless of truth or honesty. It was always said that there is nothing as old as yesterday's newspapers and it's still true in the broadcast and digital age. When the mistakes and misleading remarks they make become apparent the next day, they know they won't be held to account for it.

For reasons best known to myself, when I got back from Denmark I listened to BT Sport's build up to our Europa League match. Owen Hargreaves made so many factual errors in the 30 seconds he was speaking I had to wonder why they even bothered having him on.

"First European match in years" was the highlight of it. Well yeah, apart from the first leg a week previously and the other two matches the tv channel you're on has already showed live from the previous round... :facepalm:

Still, at least that's ignorance, not calculated misinformation.