Norwich City Fans

spyinthesky

Norwich, not seen as a hot bed of football

However for a smallish provincial city, they sell out every home game and have good numbers away

They deserve respect for bringing 3,000 ish to St Marys for an early KO that is live on TV

Well done for that especially as it is a long journey back after a walloping

btw one of our old targets, Gary Hooper, looked a pound or two overweight when he came on

However for a smallish provincial city, they sell out every home game and have good numbers away

They deserve respect for bringing 3,000 ish to St Marys for an early KO that is live on TV

Well done for that especially as it is a long journey back after a walloping

btw one of our old targets, Gary Hooper, looked a pound or two overweight when he came on

Not just a pound or two....Christ. He looked massive.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 4h4 hours ago

Today's attendance at St Mary's is 29,573, with 2,021 from #NCFC.

It's a bit like Derby. Small-ish city with a surprisingly big following. Because there is absolutely nothing to do in either Derby or Norwich other than watch football.

Geography not your strong suit. Derby is about the same size as Southampton (population), Norwich not that far behind (about same as Skatesville).

It's a bit like Derby. Small-ish city with a surprisingly big following. Because there is absolutely nothing to do in either Derby or Norwich other than watch football.

Derby is about the same size as Southampton. Both cities have almost identical levels of mediocrity and "nothing to do". Both are spectacularly non description City centres. Both rely on their proximity to somewhere else (New Forest/Peak District) as their primary selling point.

I'd say Derby has a more passionate football fan base than Southampton but not a great deal in it.

Derby is about the same size as Southampton. Both cities have almost identical levels of mediocrity and "nothing to do". Both are spectacularly non description City centres. Both rely on their proximity to somewhere else (New Forest/Peak District) as their primary selling point.

I'd say Derby has a more passionate football fan base than Southampton but not a great deal in it.

I went to Derby when we came up from the Championship and they'd sold out the ground. 33,000 odd I think, which is a decent effort in the Championship when they weren't playing particularly special football.

As much as I like to see minnows like Bournemouth making it to the Premier League, I can't help but feel that clubs like Derby, Forest and Leeds would make a better fist of it long term.

Good numbers today but that's about it. About 80% of their away end was sat and I've never seen an away end at St Mary's with so many people in replica shirts.

Always noticed that with Norwich fans. Seems all of them take a scarf and shirt. Even the OAPs. Thought it was odd but each to their own.

They were very quiet today though.

I've always had a bit of time for Norwich, not dissimilar to ourselves really, they've won very little but they always have decent support at home and away. They play the right way. I didn't want to rain on the parade that is the match thread (and I thoroughly enjoyed our performance today and can see lots of positives going forward) ... BUT ..... they were probably the weakest Prem opposition I've ever seen at St Mary's, I guess we just caught them on a bad day (?) / down to 10 men / yadda yadda yadda ... we were good but they were shyte ... clueless at RB and LB, ponderous and desperate at CB, did they have a midfield(?) and non-existent up front. Ruddy kept it respectable today. They are going to need 28-30 points at home cos they won't get many away, lump on them to go down!

I live not far from Norwich so do the travel thing for home games...three and a half hours today, usually around 4...not a difficult trip.

From Block 39 we got the odd rendering of 'Yellow' penetrate the atmosphere but thought they were quiet...thought we were pretty good from the start today in getting behind the team - a stark contrast to the keyboard bedwetters concept of how to be after a disappointing defeat!

Geography not your strong suit. Derby is about the same size as Southampton (population), Norwich not that far behind (about same as Skatesville).

What's geography got to do with it?

Derby and Norwich are small-ish citites with relatively large followings, largely due to a paucity of other recreational activities on offer.

Southampton is a small-ish city with about an average-ish following. We must be the only club in the world which experiences a dip in attendance when a bloody boat show is on.

Because there is absolutely nothing to do in either Derby or Norwich other than watch football.

Depends what you want to do, but in my opinion there is far more to do in Norwich than Southampton. Norwich is the biggest city in a huge mainly rural region so has a thriving cultural scene and gets good touring bands and theatre shows etc. Also has a dry ski slope, nearby Snetterton, fantastic and low cost sports centre with olympic size pool, forest stuff, coast, broads for watersports. But maybe it doesn't have the stuff you want to do I suppose.

So people have decided that supporters go to football cos there is fck all else to do.

Middlesbrough get sh1t gates - because everyone is too preoccupied by wandering the beautiful industrial wastelands and going for a dip in the Tees

Friendly fans , though witnessed a chap and two women Norwich fans walk thru northam and get some casual threats from a random thug. 'Allo got a long journey home?' Thug asked 'yes..' Came the reply .. ' you ****ing skates.. You need gassing' .. Thug pulls out CS gas canister.. Then wanders off.

Lovely day out in Southampton. We really do have some prize ****s.

I live not far from Norwich so do the travel thing for home games...three and a half hours today, usually around 4...not a difficult trip.

From Block 39 we got the odd rendering of 'Yellow' penetrate the atmosphere but thought they were quiet...thought we were pretty good from the start today in getting behind the team - a stark contrast to the keyboard bedwetters concept of how to be after a disappointing defeat!

Really? I thought SMS was very quiet and Saints fans seemed very nervous none of the songs round me got going just kept petering out (not help by all the people who don't seem to able to get to their seats until 10 minutes after kick off). Once the Norwich player got sent off the whole atmosphere changed second half the Itchen North was very noisy.

Depends what you want to do, but in my opinion there is far more to do in Norwich than Southampton. Norwich is the biggest city in a huge mainly rural region so has a thriving cultural scene and gets good touring bands and theatre shows etc. Also has a dry ski slope, nearby Snetterton, fantastic and low cost sports centre with olympic size pool, forest stuff, coast, broads for watersports. But maybe it doesn't have the stuff you want to do I suppose.

You forgot Spice World and the owl sanctuary.

You forgot Spice World and the owl sanctuary.

The more I read people saying negative things about other cities the more I think perhaps people just have not been to many good cities. Southampton really doesn't have that much to sell itself currently but it is also a place of untapped promise. Just needs some non-shopping investment and for the people of the city to get on with doing stuff themselves.

Norwich have always had a good following and have a big pride in their city. Bouncing back.

Really? I thought SMS was very quiet and Saints fans seemed very nervous none of the songs round me got going just kept petering out (not help by all the people who don't seem to able to get to their seats until 10 minutes after kick off). Once the Norwich player got sent off the whole atmosphere changed second half the Itchen North was very noisy.

I thought the atmosphere kept going from good to bad. There were some sections of the game where it was proper loud and really decent. Then you watch it back on Sky+ and it seems like it's silent. Do they turn off the microphones near the Northam or something?

I thought the atmosphere kept going from good to bad. There were some sections of the game where it was proper loud and really decent. Then you watch it back on Sky+ and it seems like it's silent. Do they turn off the microphones near the Northam or something?

There was a period where the sound failed altogether. Maybe they had a remix after that.

Different perspectives maybe but I thought the 'One Ronald Koeman' early on got the message through that the crowd were behind him and the team and it just got better thereafter. Loved the 'One crutch, he's only got one crutch...'

Need a loud song for Sadio though...I get the feeling he doesn't feel as appreciated as those with songs - and I hope I still want this on Tuesday evening!

Norwich home is virtually if not completely sold out by seasons. It's a very pleasant City and the North Norfolk Coast is very beautiful as are the Broads.

Isolated from the rest of England though, 60 miles to Cambridge, and Peterboghorror, and a fair way to Ipswich. Communications much improved recently by the dualling of A11 through Thetford Forest.

In Medieval times it was the second City of England, immensely rich and second most populous due to Wool Trade, which accounts for the magnificence of many the village Churches round there. (In those days the mega-rich didn't buy a Ferrari to show off their wealth they built a better church than their neighbour.).

Excellent Uni, and culture, and a very picturesque city which by and large avoided the attention of the Luftwaffe leaving a lot standing.

Road system the easiest to get lost in in England Imo-a nightmare.

There is a saying-"Narrmal furr Narrfolk" -which is an insult referring to the inbreeding that occurred in such an isolated area..