Deadline day thread (closes Tuesday 6-00pm)

Pilchards

kingdawson:

Looks like we will be battling it with West Sham, Swansea and Palace for a 7th to 10th place finish.

Either he reckons that we will finish below Spurs, WH, Swansea and Palace, or he has us higher than them in 6th or above.

Nice to encounter one of the more realistic Spurs fans who doesn't through some false sense of entitlement believe that they have a divine right to a top four place.

Maybe Berahino should call up Daniel Levy and ask him why he doesn't value him more highly? The audacity of the player to blame his own club for not accepting a derisory offer, a la Victor and Morgan and every other player that Spurs seem to want to sign, is both sickening and depressing.

Spurs are scum. The way they act with transfers is just backhanded and dirty, their aim is to unsettle the player first. I wish the clubs could get proof and get them docked points or something, they're shocking.

I think Saido has just shown his immaturity there, given the lack of proper English in the tweet. But the blame lies with Spurs, they rub the players up before they even submit a bid - and the players then expect it to happen. As we see from Saido's rant and Morgan's last year, and then Wanyama's 'uncertainty' this week. They need to have a transfer ban or something and learn how to do it properly.

Edited by S-Clarke

Spurs are scum. The way they act with transfers is just backhanded and dirty, their aim is to unsettle the player first. I wish the clubs could get proof and get them docked points or something, they're shocking.

Yep, so frustrating that everyone can see what they're doing but doesn't seem to be any way to prove it, nor any punishment or disincentive for them to do it. Just keeping my fingers crossed that this time it all backfires horribly.

Yep, so frustrating that everyone can see what they're doing but doesn't seem to be any way to prove it, nor any punishment or disincentive for them to do it. Just keeping my fingers crossed that this time it all backfires horribly.

TBF it looks like it has. They left it all till the last minute and are now weaker than they were last year. Whops.

Would love the PL clubs (outside of the top 6) to group together and help WBA stuff him in the reserves for the rest of his contract. Of course, that is overly naive but it is a problem that all of us smaller clubs face.

Sky still asking whether Spurs can sign Wanyama. Reed said no serious bids received.

Didn't want to start a new thread but interested to hear/read your opinions;

Should the transfer window be:

a) Removed & allow transfers throughout the season.

b) Co-inside with a beginning and end of season? (no winter window)

c) Alternative

d) Stay as it is

Surprise no journalist has written anything but I personally feel transfer deadline day masks clubs inability to develop and produce players.

TBF it looks like it has. They left it all till the last minute and are now weaker than they were last year. Whops.

Are they weaker? Not denying ofc that they could be stronger.

Major difference so far is that Kane's goals have just dried up.

What has made them weaker?

They probably are on the basis that their rivals have all strengthened and they will go into the season with only one decent striker and an average midfield, both of which they are clearly trying to improve. Spurs look remarkably average IMO.

Ronald has played a blinder with Wanyama, properly reminded him who is in charge.

Nice.

Now Vic needs to win back the trust of the fans and play his way back into the team, once his tummy feels better.

As for Spurs - unlucky, let's hope Toby proves to be as good as Lovren is without the proper set-up in front.

They probably are on the basis that their rivals have all strengthened and they will go into the season with only one decent striker and an average midfield, both of which they are clearly trying to improve. Spurs look remarkably average IMO.

Be a fine achievement if they finish top 6 you would think

What has made them weaker?

They lost Paulinho, Capoue, Stambouli all gone from their midfield. Ok, not the best players, but I'm pretty sure they didn't shift that lot on with the intention of sticking with what they have. They look pretty light in CM.

Up front is interesting, depends how Son does who is a good player. But there's a lot of pressure on Kane to produce the goods, I don't see anything else in their team to worry me.