Wanyama and the St.Marys crowd ...boo or cheer ?

manina-pub

Now the window has shut and he remains at SFC it will be interesting to see the crowd reaction to Vic.

I think will help him a tad if he makes some kind of statement of intent soon about applying himself to the role of professional footballer at Saints.

First game puts in a few tasty challenges or set ups a goal = all forgiven ?

or

Screws up in first 5 minutes = crowd on his back ?

Lets hope he does a Morgan and have a great season.....

Cheer.

I won't boo him if he gets his head down and plays... Even if he makes a mistake- all footballers are human- anyone can make mistakes- and it's his attitude i'd be looking at next- and I'm sure Koeman too.

Cheer - he won't be back in the side until his attitude is spot on - RK will make sure of that.

If he pulls on the shirt and gives 100% he'll have my support. Anything less than that will be unacceptable. It's not me he really has to win over tho. Koeman will have to be 100% convinced before he is allowed anywhere near the first team.

Cheer everyone until you can't cheer any more, even the less talented players. If they actually deliberately don't play to their full potential, or kick the crap out of a spectator in the disabled section, then boo them remorselessly.

Sometimes people make supporting a team way too complicated.

I wouldn't personally get on his case, I just think he's been badly advised. Although I expect elements of our support will.

If Norwich wasn't a freak case, we could have found a new partnership in Romeu - Ward-Prowse. So Wanyama may have to up his game (although personal preference would see Wanyama in more defensive games and Ward-Prowse in more open games)

He's ours, he's given everything match after match, he's a key defender, of course we welcome him back when the manager thinks the time is right. The captain has said all the players want him to stay and play. when he returns we must give him 100%, the manager will choose the right moment

If he pulls on the shirt and gives 100% he'll have my support. Anything less than that will be unacceptable. It's not me he really has to win over tho. Koeman will have to be 100% convinced before he is allowed anywhere near the first team.

Agree. Footballers aren't employed for their intellect or communication skills. Not his fault he was badly advised by an idiot of an agent. If you want to vent; find out who is agent is and troll him relentlessly on Twitter :D

He's ours, he's given everything match after match, he's a key defender, of course we welcome him back when the manager thinks the time is right. The captain has said all the players want him to stay and play. when he returns we must give him 100%, the manager will choose the right moment

But he hasn't 'given everything match after match', that's the whole point.

I never boo a player nor the team. I try not to groan when something goes wrong. I applaud politely when we score. I might even cheer occasionally. If Vic can accept his situation and knuckle down then I will be overjoyed.

Might you then raise a polite eyebrow of ecstasy? :p

If he's prepared to accept that he's been a bit of an idiot and now wants to knuckle down and get on with the job that he's being paid to do then I don't see the point in booing him. What will that do other than totally un-motivate him? He's a part of the team and if the manager decides to play him then get behind him and the rest of the team.

It's obvious he's going to get roundly booed. Not bothered about how good he is, I'd rather he'd left today.

You seem to be forgetting that what he's done is no different to what Morgan did last year. Did you wish that Morgan had left on deadline day last year?

Morgan accepted the club's decision and got on with the job. If Vic is prepared to do the same then why give him ****? Nobody gave Morgan a hard time.

Depends, all very well saying "if he makes a mistake no point in getting on his back" (which is true) but it's the effort he puts in i'm more interested in. If we see anymore moments from him like for the Midgetland goal where he just ambles around well out of position while his opposite number belts the ball home with all the time in the world, then I'll consider giving him abuse.

Unless he goes throwing toys out of the pram on social media or through the press and knuckles down like Morgan did last year he'll be fine. He doesn't seem to upset the players yet if Fonte's interview hoping he stays is anything to go by. I can imagine Koeman has given him a bit of an earful though!!

A rousing "He's The Kenyan etc ...." will hopefully let him know we are on his side .... if he gives 100%

I'll look at it all with a mix of pragmatism and equanimity. When he leaves Saints, I won't be upset, but while he is here, I would hope that he puts in a shift. I'll associate him with our failure in the EL, although I realise that it is a team game and not a one man show. I'll still think Spurs are a bunch of ****s.

A rousing "He's The Kenyan etc ...." will hopefully let him know we are on his side .... if he gives 100%

I'm not on his side and despair of the weak 'he was just badly advised' bs that pundits seems to use to explain players acting like spoilt brats. Fcker has shown what he is made of although yeah I am fickle and a month down the line may well feel differently.

Cheer everyone until you can't cheer any more, even the less talented players. If they actually deliberately don't play to their full potential, or kick the crap out of a spectator in the disabled section, then boo them remorselessly.

Sometimes people make supporting a team way too complicated.

Doesn't it depend on whether the disabled victim is not an away supporter?

Or it could be righteous anger at the spectator incorrectly in the disabled section when able bodied.

And his agent may have advised him to make the attach in which case he should be forgiven because agents are the baddies.

I think you have underestimated the complexity.:

Edited by whelk

at this point, it is in the best personal interest of Wanyama and the best interest of the club that he knuckles down and commits himself 100%. We should all support that.

If he pouts and is vanquished from the pitch for the year, the team loses his selling value and he loses his opportunity to jump to one of the big boys come June.

Les, Ralph, etc. want to sell him next summer for £20m, not £8m. Wanyama wants to play for Arsenal or Spurs, not West Brom. It's in everyone's financial and personal interest that he gets back on the pitch as soon as possible and displays his abilities.

I hope no one boos him.

Maybe send him out for the MK Dons game away. Go from there.