Lallana return?

benali-shorts

It's not impossible that Lallana may be surplus to requirements and jettisoned by Liverpool at the end of the season. On 2014/15 form, it's unlikely that he'd be pursued by any of the top 6 and that he'd therefore be a target for the rest. Maybe there's too much water under the bridge, however putting emotional instinct aside, would he be a decent footballing target for a Saints return in 2016/17?

I think he'd be a decent buy at c£10m (he'll be 28 in summer 2016), assuming he's acquired some humility and a razor before then.

Might get slaughtered for this, but who cares, I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Never felt anywhere near as much aggro towards him as I did Lovren. Plus mugging that **** Rodgers of would make up the rest.

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

Might get slaughtered for this, but who cares, I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Never felt anywhere near as much aggro towards him as I did Lovren. Plus mugging that **** Rodgers of would make up the rest.

Really ? Lallana's offence is worse, in my opinion. He was supposed to be one of us. He also refused to play again, not sure thats something Lovren threatened.

From a purely football perspective, I think he'd be a decent option for us to play anywhere in the 3 behind the striker, and that he'd improve us, so I'd sign him on that basis. Admittedly hard to overlook the emotional aspect and his beard though. Agree with comment that it's unlikely that the Board would entertain it, however from a football perspective there aren't currently a huge amount of options for attacking midfielders who can combine creativity and pressing/tracking back as effectively as he did for us in 13/14.

A few colleagues were up at Melwood doing some filming 2 weeks ago and he was one of the players selected to read out a few lines. Apparently he was the most miserable git imaginable and didn't seem happy at all. This was almost certainly due to having to do the filming but I like to think it's because he's realised the mistake he's made and will soon be phased out of the team :)

Is he a good player? Yes. Would I welcome him back? Absolutely not.

Other information on involved LFC players are that Ibe has an IQ of 30, Robbie Fowler appears to be 'partying' quite hard these days, Brendan Rogers is terrifying, and Kolo Toure is an absolute legend and spent a large amount of the day singing and dancing to his own song (I've seen this first hand and it's absolutely brilliant).

Really ? Lallana's offence is worse, in my opinion. He was supposed to be one of us. He also refused to play again, not sure thats something Lovren threatened.

Hmm, I seem to remember Lovren threatening striking

My understanding is that with any players we sign, their character is an important part of it, and how they will meld with the other players.

On that basis, he fails on both counts. I wouldn't want him back here, the greedy little git, and neither do I think that he would get into the team as a first choice anyway.

It's not impossible that Lallana may be surplus to requirements and jettisoned by Liverpool at the end of the season. On 2014/15 form, it's unlikely that he'd be pursued by any of the top 6 and that he'd therefore be a target for the rest. Maybe there's too much water under the bridge, however putting emotional instinct aside, would he be a decent footballing target for a Saints return in 2016/17?

I think he'd be a decent buy at c£10m (he'll be 28 in summer 2016), assuming he's acquired some humility and a razor before then.

Can't see Liverpool selling him, can't see us paying the wages he wants, can't see him passing our character test any more either.

You know I still think he is a very good, potentially great player and could improve our team. Would I have him back though?

No. He was held up to be a shining example of what Saints were - an academy product we perservered with who rose to the top level and who looked able to become a club legend. He threw that right back in the clubs face when he wanted to jump ship at the first opportunity of something 'better' and the way he went about it disrespected the club and the fans. Honestly the club wouldn't want him back and I don't think his heart would be in it if he did come back.

It's not just because of who he was but because of what he stood for and what he could have been and it's too late to get that back.

Might not necessarily be a bad thing to have someone in the players' camp who has left Saints and discovered that the grass wasn't necessarily greener.

Bertrand and Romeu will already have plenty of "used to play for top 6 club but now I'm valued" stories.

You know I still think he is a very good, potentially great player and could improve our team. Would I have him back though?

No. He was held up to be a shining example of what Saints were - an academy product we perservered with who rose to the top level and who looked able to become a club legend. He threw that right back in the clubs face when he wanted to jump ship at the first opportunity of something 'better' and the way he went about it disrespected the club and the fans. Honestly the club wouldn't want him back and I don't think his heart would be in it if he did come back.

It's not just because of who he was but because of what he stood for and what he could have been and it's too late to get that back.

I don't like the guy, but he had opportunities to leave right back in league 1. Less revisionism from the fan base as a whole would seriously improve the emotional swings on here.