Careers at St Marys

Yorkshire Saint

So many employment opportunities versus so many thoughts on forums such as these to be captured .. I would have thought that more would have applied for roles at all levels. There seems to be quite a wide range of intellect and compatancies on here I would have thought more would have speculated and taken on the experience of applying if nothing else....together as one and all!

I gave up my well paid job to become a poorly paid full time trainer. I am in

The process of acquiring my UEFA B license. I have been in contact with the club who have very kindly shown me the pathway into Southampton. You have to be

very qualified and not just in experience to work at Saints.

It's my dream to work in Saints academy and I will achieve it.

The process of acquiring my UEFA B license. I have been in contact with the club who have very kindly shown me the pathway into Southampton. You have to be

Did they tell you to include the keeper in formations?

Thank you for the insight. the very best of luck to you I am sure you will achieve your dream. Let us know when you do!

This is the kind of thing I was hoping to read, more so, if someone had succeeded have they ever thought about polling opinion on here for fans, for example I see the media roles are high on the advertisements, could it be that we are a source of information to bridge the gap between what the club intends and we expect.....

You're going to need much more than your B licence to work in the academy.

I haven't worked for the club, but as part of my job I went in to St Mary's to give a presentation to a bunch of people.

Can't give too much detail as we all had to sign an NDA, but it was during the Cortese years. Met a group of people including Jordan Sibley, who was a thoroughly sound chap, as they all were.

Nothing happened with the project as we were told a few weeks later that a number of the people involved in it from their end had left the club, and it got shelved. Rapid turnover of staff was pretty much par for the course during those days, by all accounts.

In a way I'm quite glad nothing came of it - I'd imagine they weren't an easy client in those days, and if we'd worked for them and it had been a bad experience, as a life long fan that would not have been pleasant.

But as it was, I got to see a bit of 'backstage' St Mary's, meet some of the people from the club, and I met Radhi Jaidi in the car park afterwards. None of my colleagues gave a monkey's but it made my day!

Edited by Midfield_General

There are so many Coaches, Managers, Tacticians, and Chief Scouts on this forum surely it's only a question of time before we take over the club?

What could possibly go wrong?

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, with all the expertise on here in amazed the club don't use this place as a first port of call for any role that becomes available. Statisticians, coaches, physiotherapists, tacticians, finance business and legal experts, even song writters this place has it all. It seems to be an untapped pool of resource which given our innovative strategies for recruitment it's a shock the club hasnt yet tapped into.

I run a garage over in Fareham, and the stresses and strains of having your own small business etc. I've seen ads for sales advisors in the shop and thought "You know what? Clean hands, don't have to take your job home with you" etc, I could see myself doing that.

But then they say (as I've learned also) don't mix business and pleasure, so I think it'd be quite a risky thing to do.

I remember seeing the club photographer one being advertised before it was taken by the current photographer. Pay was something in the region of £14-16k. Seems pretty poor on first impressions, but then you remember he's not doing it all day, every day.

i was interested in that job as i have many years experience in photography. The salary offered was 25k for a 40 hour week PLUS every home & away match! i applied anyway but didn't even get an interview lol

Quite a few years ago I woke up on my birthday opened the curtains and in the flat opposite was a naked girl - I then went to work and started to read the Marketing Week and there was a job advertised for a marketing Manager at SFC ( I was a marketing manager at the time) - so I thought it must have been fated that this was my lucky day - so I applied that morning for the job.

Never heard a thing back from them

PS never saw the naked girl again either

Quite a few years ago I woke up on my birthday opened the curtains and in the flat opposite was a naked girl - I then went to work and started to read the Marketing Week and there was a job advertised for a marketing Manager at SFC ( I was a marketing manager at the time) - so I thought it must have been fated that this was my lucky day - so I applied that morning for the job.

Never heard a thing back from them

PS never saw the naked girl again either

Bummer. I was hoping you were going to say that you got the job and married the girl in the flat. Whatever happened to happy endings?

Is working at SFC like being a copper or fireman.... Seen as a vocation not a job. You do it for the love, not the money?

It's as much as anything football clubs taking the p155 because they can exploit employees because of the stardom around them and nature of football loyalty - ask the analysts if they think they're well paid for the hours and contribution they make towards the club's success?

Edited by The9

But then they say (as I've learned also) don't mix business and pleasure, so I think it'd be quite a risky thing to do.

I would never consider applying for a role at Saints for this very reason. If it didn't go according to plan then every future visit to SMS would be tainted, and I wouldn't want that. On a similar note I once employed an old pal to join a sales team I was running at the time. I had to let him go for poor performance, never heard from him again after that.