Andrew Surman article

sotonnick

He wouldn't get near the first team, so hard to see any place for him. Real shame the way it turned out for him as he was the sacrificial lamb for the cause of keeping us in business at the time. If we ever needed a player like him he'd be welcome back, but right now, we don't.

He wouldn't get near the first team, so hard to see any place for him. Real shame the way it turned out for him as he was the sacrificial lamb for the cause of keeping us in business at the time. If we ever needed a player like him he'd be welcome back, but right now, we don't.

You are so right.unfortunately he does not have the pace for a pl player.

Was probably my favourite player when he left good to see him make it to the prem!

ditto.

Not good enough for us now, but one of my favourite players , and unlike the mercenaries we've had more recently, only left because we needed to sell him, not to make himself richer.

Met him in Orange rooms when Pearson was managing us, not long after the West Brom game where Lallana ran with it from around half way and scored.

Lovely bloke, spoke to him for around 10 mins and it was like talking to an old mate

He's a legend. Used to be good friends with him and his partner Laura before he played for saints but I haven't seen them in a long time. He's also extremely intelligent which is unusual for a footballer.

Edited by hypochondriac

Thought he was impressive in the few Bournemouth games I've seen this season. Transformed himself into a fine Central Midfielder. IIRC he had the highest pass completion rate in the league after the first 3 games.

Shame that he's 29 now, or I'd have him back for sure.

Great player for us in the Championship and would have been an integral part of our rise had we been able to keep him, I don't think he is anywhere near a starter for us but would still be a decent enough squad player filling in numerous roles. Would have been interesting to see how his career had panned out if it wasn't for the ill times injuries and some moves that didn't work out.