Football Manager 2016

Matthew Le God

Release date 13th November 2015

COTWDjYUEAAwDbJ.jpg:large

A handful of the huge number of improvements and new features and modes....

- Match engine - 2000+ new animations, deeper set-piece control, improved AI & brand-new highlights package

COTdX-xVAAQFnqB.png:large

- Customise your own touchline manager character & see them and other managers on the touchline

COTctkHUAAAXKfZ.png:large

- New online mode - Go head-to-head with mates in Fantasy Draft mode

COTeD6dUAAAZdLB.png:large

- Replace an existing team with one of your own. Choose a name, colours & add yourself with Create-a-Club mode

COTewBeUEAAYXnB.png:large

- Deeper match analysis, player & team stats with Prozone integration

COTfb23UYAQgmSj.png:large

- Big changes and improvements to transfer, contract, player & contract screens (and many more)

COTgH-iUEAAnZ7m.png:large

- TOUCH: Cross-play between desktop & tablet. Available on PC/Mac/Linux for a cheaper price. Or comes as part of the FM package.

COTgz30U8AAKDYB.png:large

- Upgrades to board requests, finances, press conferences & more

COThfpvUYAAUqQ5.png:large

im sure the release date has gotten later over the years

It has jumped back and forth between mid October and mid November...

FM05 - 15th November

FM06 - 21st October

FM07 - 18th October

FM08 - 18th October

FM09 - 14th November

FM10 - 30th October

FM11 - 5th November

FM12 - 20th October

FM13 - 2nd November

FM14 - 30th October

FM15 - 7th November

FM16 - 13th November

Probably too late for this year's edition, but what I'd really like to see is an estimate of what the clauses and bonuses will cost when you're negotiating contracts, maybe based on the previous season's performance, or an average of the last three seasons maybe.

• 1 month later...
Kelvin Davis transfer listed when you start seems odd.

You can quite easily unlist him if you want. The game's AI deems him surplus to requirements as he is significantly weaker than what is needed for a Premier League keeper.

You know its not good when you save and exit after 20mins as you get bored, due to it feeling the same as the last version :/

There are a huge number of changes and improvements compared to FM15, but it is always going to be a game where you manage a football club so will have similarities with every other football management game. It is essentially simulating a job of a football manager and that job is fundamentally similar from year to year. What would you need for a football management game not to feel like one released 12 months earlier?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am doing very well in the mobile lite version (won the League in my first season). Whilst this was fun perhaps slightly unrealistic (or I'm just amazing).

Also the wonderkid 'scouter' is great but feels like a bit of a cheat - it pretty much tells you the young players with the most potential, which kind of eliminates the fun of finding a gem through scouring lower leagues/foreign countries etc etc.

You know its not good when you save and exit after 20mins as you get bored, due to it feeling the same as the last version :/

You mean like every version for about the last 15 years? :D

I haven't bothered. I haven't actually played it for more than about 5 matches since 2005 anyway, just spent hours and hours creating players and teams and lower leagues, only for the game mechanics to not have anything inbuilt to prevent amateurs all changing clubs basically every year, despite this not actually happening IRL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...