chelsea away

rick1976.4.38

Looking online this game is almost sold out (interesting for some away games now you can select your specific seat), so we should sell out today (which is first day of sales i think to season ticket holders with 2+ away games )

i think if we had taken 2900 (if that is the full allocation) then we would have sold it , 5.30 Saturday away day in London will always be popular.

why once again do we take such a small allocation to Chelsea?

surely on a Saturday and ko at 5-30 we'd take good numbers

If it was that popular the 1500 tickets we got would have been sold out by now

already got my tickets, but email came today saying tickets on sale to those with only 2 previous away games so suggests the club got numbers right, with a combination of high prices and game being Live On TV putting many off

Do however feel there would have been more demand if they had subsidised the cost of tickets by £10 as they did last season

Are clubs still allowed / entitled to ask the visiting team to pay for all tickets they are allocated whether they are sold or not?

Almost certainly yes, unless anyone knows different?

All clubs take their allocation of away tickets on the basis they sell the whole allocation, therefore the club has to make up the shortfall on any unsold tickets.

Hence clubs often taking 'an initial allocation' and then adding subsequent blocks. Also why we take what sometimes can seem like small allocations for certain games.

It's a pretty logical and 'fair' system if you look at it objectively.

We should be using the away funds for this sort of game, would very easily have sold the full allocation even at say £35 a pop.

I would have thought it better to use it for games at the other end of the country, particularly for City and United away where the ticket prices will be almost as expensive

Newcastle (did we subsidise this year?), Sunderland, City, United. There are 4 for you where the money would be better spent
Newcastle we didn't subsidise. That game has happened, so too late now. How many fans aren't going to go to Sunderland due to match ticket prices?

Chelsea is a game that we could easily take thousands, but won't, simply due to ticket prices.

I bought my membership in the hope that I would be able to get tickets to games like Chelsea away. It's a 10 minute walk from my house, so I'm bitterly disappointed that I won't get the opportunity. I'm not saying I should be placed in a queue ahead of those that have season tickets, but due to the small allocation I won't even get the chance! Starting to regret that £25!

Still no reply. 1436 tickets out of 3000? Chelsea must think our away support is crap, or Saints FC do? One of the best away days but most will never get the chance to go and it's only up the road ffs!

It's down to Saints, Chelsea have to offer us more than 1,436.

Newcastle (did we subsidise this year?), Sunderland, City, United. There are 4 for you where the money would be better spent

think Newcastle and saints have an agreement of £27 for away supporters,which isn't bad,

club have £200,000 to use for fans,so could have knocked off at least a tenner to Chelsea and taken full allocation,and still had some left for city and sunderland

I am amazed that anyone can justify spending £50 on any league game in the middle of October. It just seems totally ****ing barmy to me.

Thanks to us being occasional match day carers for an ambulant friend of mine, the cost for three of us was £47. No way I'd have gone at £50 each.

My overdraft is still recovering from Salzburg, Munich, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Arnhem, Aarhus and Herning to be honest. :o

I am amazed that anyone can justify spending £50 on any league game in the middle of October. It just seems totally ****ing barmy to me.

I live in London. The cost of this ticket is about the same as it costs me to go to each home game with a season ticket.

Equally I'm disgusted I'm helping clubs charge that kind of money for a game of football, but as Steve grant said elsewhere I know I'm part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in London. The cost of this ticket is about the same as it costs me to go to each home game with a season ticket.

Equally I'm disgusted I'm helping clubs charge that kind of money for a game of football, but as Steve grant said elsewhere I know I'm part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how I've justified it previously but I've resisted on this occasion. Strangely pleased I have. This weekend feels like a much better deal. Ticket £25. Train £20.

I went to Newcastle away, and made it a short break by visiting a friend up North, going trout fishing and so forth. But tickets were £27.

I did pay 50ish quid for our first game back at the top against City, but the circumstances were special and again I was on holiday and took the hit.

Now though I just feel some places are taking the p**s, and I couldn't give a stuff if we only take a few to such games. I'll wander down the local, have a few pints and spend a tenner, and they'll no doubt be the odd Chelsea fan for a bit of banter. As fans we've been taken for granted. I look at what else I could get for that money (let alone all the travel costs) so, for example, it's a couple of day ski passes on my next holiday.

still a few left, make sure you decrease the seat selection on the view button, otherwise it looks like there is nothing left, but there is a block to the right. Though it took me about 4 or 5 seat selections to find one that it would let me buy, even though they were in green, perhaps people buying the seat at the same time?

I bought my membership in the hope that I would be able to get tickets to games like Chelsea away. It's a 10 minute walk from my house, so I'm bitterly disappointed that I won't get the opportunity. I'm not saying I should be placed in a queue ahead of those that have season tickets, but due to the small allocation I won't even get the chance! Starting to regret that £25!

You'd be better off spending your money here mate. http://www.londonsaints.com/membership/#.VfVZuhFViko

I don't see what people are complaining about. I applaud Chelsea's decison to make ticket prices as high as possible and would encourage other clubs to follow suit. The higher the ticket price the less likely it is for soppy blokes to take their birds, for the thick, badly dressed majority of our fan base incapable of pronoucing the name of our player properly or singing a song with more than 2 lines in it. High ticket prices keep out the clueless majority and couples which can only be good for the game. As we can see on here most people who are going are reasonably decent chaps so chelsea should be praised not criticised.

Another bonus is that as The9 bank balance is recovering for previous trips, which he might have mentioned once or twice then I won't be subjected to a photo/status wackiness on facebook all day from the moment they leave the house.

I don't know The9, however while queing to get on the Aarhus flight I was amused to hear a number of Saints fans taking sweepstake bets on how many pictures his group of friends would post of themselves boarding the plane.

I think the winner had 72 or thereabouts. I can only sympathise with anyone having to view that, or anything on Facebook come to think of it.

It would have if he had been a member he would definitely got a ticket as demand for London saints tickets was low due to prices and being on TV, although with most London games demand exceeds the allocation we are given

So fans can just jump the season ticket/members priority system if they join a supporters group?