Nigel Adkins Interview (Saints YouTube channel, Monday)

jawillwill

Nice idea, or a bit odd? I can't decide.

I like the fact that he and the club are on good terms and that we are no longer neglecting our history, including recent history. But seems a bit strange given he's currently a manager of another club. Be interesting what he has to say.

Would like to see him back here in some capacity one day. He clearly still loves us.

Gets a bit boring the 'Its Been "xyz" years since'...

Its 2015 and Koeman is the manager and Adkins is Sheff United's manager.

You would never see this sort of stuff at a top PL club.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Home/News%20And%20Features/Features/2015/Sep/sir%20alex%20ferguson%20facebook%20audio%20clips%20from%20new%20book%20leading%20no7%20preparation

We've been on an amazing journey as a football club and on these landmark days it's nice to look back at where we were then and how far we've come. There's just no please in some people. No one's pinning you to a chair, forcing your eyes open and forcing you to pay attention to it all.

Arsenal. Bergkamp 20 years ago.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/20150619/bergkamp-in-his-own-words

Manchester United. 10 years since they signed, er, Ji-Sung Park.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2015/Aug/Ji-sung-Park-reflects-on-10th-anniversary-of-Manchester-United-debut-vs-Debrecen.aspx

Liverpool. Five years since, well, Sam Hypia left.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/174134-exclusive-hyypia-recalls-lfc-decade

Spurs. 10 years since Jermaine Defoe's debut. Video interview.

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs-tv/interviews/jds-debut---10-years-on/

With respect, the troll did say 'Top' clubs.

was just about to post this

ext26053.png

Look forward to it should be a decent watch, nice Saints recognising a manager everyone loved.

This. I (and many others at the time) thought Nigel was hard done by. He is a big part of our recent history and it'll be good to hear from him.

Hahaha! Troll humiliation! Everyone's favourite (this side of Pluto that is)

*waits for Saint Lard to emerge telling us how sh*te a manager he was*

Probably a nice fella.,minus the odious soundbites.

Sacked at the right time.

Should've done better with what he had at his disposal.

Never settle for second best.....we did under him.

Thanks Nige,bigger thanks to Pardew.

I don't like to disappoint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably a nice fella.,minus the odious soundbites.

Sacked at the right time.

Should've done better with what he had at his disposal.

Never settle for second best.....we did under him.

Thanks Nige,bigger thanks to Pardew.

I don't like to disappoint!

Thankfully you're the only person who holds that idiotic opinion.

Meh....it's idiotic in your and others eyes....I can live with that!

I'll stand by my convictions.

It's all about opinions.

Look at the progress we have made.....would we have done that under Nige?

He played his part.....should've done better ,in my view.

Pardew set the ball rolling.,Adkins did well....but doesn't deserve the

At the time he left the club....perhaps only Nicola Cortese considered he should be sacked...and that certainly wasn't the majority fan opinion.

Maybe he should have been given the whole season?. I think we might still have survived. As it was Pochettino's "inheritance" was Adkins' team plus more hard work.

Whatever your personal opinion, Adkins took the club from its lowest level and up through two divisions and back into the Prem.

Ultimately, he may not have been a " Prem.level " manager (?)...but there are many with bigger reputations than his who have fallen by the way side before and since.

Of course we will never know....but the man deserves our respect for what he did achieve.......and it was a great couple of seasons - wasn't it ?

Thankfully you're the only person who holds that idiotic opinion.
i agree with Lard. He should have done better with the resources he had. Losing out league titles to Brighton and Reading was poor. Ok we got promoted but look at those two clubs and where they are now compared to us. Our name should be engraved on those trophies and seeing the old Division ( top division)one trophy that I watched being lifted by other clubs growing up, and missing seeing our captain lift it does irk.

i agree with Lard. He should have done better with the resources he had. Losing out league titles to Brighton and Reading was poor. Ok we got promoted but look at those two clubs and where they are now compared to us. Our name should be engraved on those trophies and seeing the old Division ( top division)one trophy that I watched being lifted by other clubs growing up, and missing seeing our captain lift it does irk.

Exactly.

I will never forget that limp display at home to Reading when we looked awful.

When truly tested we fell short.....how many of those players under him went on to perform above and beyond in the Premier League.....?...he didn't get the best out of them when he had them.

Mediocre manager at best.....and some were wetting themselves thinking he was going to be the new English footballing messiah.

Exactly.

When truly tested we fell short.....how many of those players under him went on to perform above and beyond in the Premier League.....?...he didn't get the best out of them when he had them.

Mediocre manager at best.....and some were wetting themselves thinking he was going to be the new English footballing messiah.

You never forget that, if it makes you feel good. Never forget it. Never, ever forget it. The display against Reading. You never forget it now. Never forget.

Pretty much every other true Saints fan will remember the feeling we had as we shot through two divisions returning back to the promised land far quicker than expected. Most will remember the great football we played, the unity of the team, the players who became heroes. Most remember Nigel's positivity, humility and belief. That's what I remember. That's what thousands and thousands of Saints fans will always remember.

But hey, never forget Reading, eh Lardy. Define your support by that day. Never forget Reading. Never ever forget.

Exactly.

Yeah, we really fell short with back to back promotions. F**k me, we fell so short I may never recover. We fell so short I will never remember those two seasons as the best ever since 1984. Nope, not at all. Gutted I am at how short we fell.

Exactly.

I remember that game, it was a Friday night I think? Reading had won something like 102 matches on the bounce, it was a title decider effectively.

We lost, don't remember it being a bad display except defensively, didn't Jose mess up for their late winner?

Anyway, the point being, who the f uck cares that we didn't win the Div1 and The Championship? Look where we are now compared to reading and brighton.

"when truly tested we looked awful".... but better than 99% of the other teams in this divisions :lol:

and to answer your other question,

Lallana, Lambert, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw (? did he play in the championship?), Morgan, sure I have missed one or two perhaps, but jesus, you are a clown mate.

We have two idiots!

It would of course be odd if Cortese was still here. But I think we all know that Saints liked him and he liked Saints. I am hoping that there is no ill feelings now that a certain person is no longer at the club.

Dont think Nigel is too bothered about Cortese sacking him, that's football and he knows that. You could see after the Cov game, he knew his time was up sooner or later.

at the end of the day Cortese made the right call, I didn't like the way Nigel was omitted in the programmes etc. thought was disgusting and along with Dean Richards silence , two things that Cortese was very wrong about. But we wouldn't have finished 8th under Nigel, his tactics etc. in the PL wee already proved dodgy, Man Utd at home for example.

saying all that, Nigel Adkins, legend and very nice bloke.

At the point that he was sacked he was turning things around and we really don't know where we would be now if he stayed. We can argue the toss all day long but it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference because it is all moot. You could argue that we might have been better off to keep Pardew all these years. He did his job which was to get us promoted but things have moved on so lets be thankful for his time with us and move on.

@TomCoull: It's taken three whole days of solid editing, but our 33-minute feature interview with Nigel Adkins is finally finished. #saintsfc

@TomCoull: Watch it on YouTube tomorrow from 6pm BST. It'll be shown in full ahead of our live broadcast of #SaintsFCU21s vs Leicester. #saintsfc

@TomCoull: It's taken three whole days of solid editing, but our 33-minute feature interview with Nigel Adkins is finally finished. #saintsfc

@TomCoull: Watch it on YouTube tomorrow from 6pm BST. It'll be shown in full ahead of our live broadcast of #SaintsFCU21s vs Leicester. #saintsfc

Let's hope at least twenty minutes of it is him apologising for that Reading match. Me and some of the other guys on the ward have never forgotten it.

NA was brilliant for us, right man right time. But maybe he had taken us as far as he could although he was never given a proper chance to prove otherwise.

His one fault was his awful post match interviews which were full of clichés and Americanisms. Decent man, decent manager who's record with us withstands the most stringent of scrutiny.

Looking forward to the interview and well done the media dept for putting this together.

You never forget that, if it makes you feel good. Never forget it. Never, ever forget it. The display against Reading. You never forget it now. Never forget.

Pretty much every other true Saints fan will remember the feeling we had as we shot through two divisions returning back to the promised land far quicker than expected. Most will remember the great football we played, the unity of the team, the players who became heroes. Most remember Nigel's positivity, humility and belief. That's what I remember. That's what thousands and thousands of Saints fans will always remember.

But hey, never forget Reading, eh Lardy. Define your support by that day. Never forget Reading. Never ever forget.

Ha ha. Excellent stuff and quite right CB Fry, made me laugh...