Nigel Adkins Interview (Saints YouTube channel, Monday)

jawillwill

He is a good person and was the perfect appointment from Cortese at the time when he was less well known. A big, bold and probably correct decision to replace him but thats no slight on Adkins who will always be a legendary Manager in the history of the Club.

Would be great to have him involved in some capacity in the future.

Assume this will be uploaded for good at some point and wasn't a one-off broadcast?

Less than 400 watched it 'live'

I get the feeling the club realised it was a dodgy thing to do after recording it and now the full video will get later date 'cold' upload.

Nothing against Nigel, but the club making a video about a former manager from years ago and him being employed elsewhere is just bizarre.

I get the feeling the club realised it was a dodgy thing to do after recording it and now the full video will get later date 'cold' upload.

Nothing against Nigel, but the club making a video about a former manager from years ago and him being employed elsewhere is just bizarre.

If they thought it was dodgy they wouldn't release it.

And I suspect the club took the opportunity to do it to say thanks for his efforts in a way they couldn't when he was sacked. No harm in it from my perspective. It was very retrospective.

If they thought it was 'dodgy' they wouldn't have been promoting it on Twitter all weekend.

I doubt they expected many more than 400 to watch it live. it's a flipping YouTube interview, absolutely no requirement to watch it "live" whatsoever. I'm amazed 400 peopled bothered.

The world needs more people like Nige, top class bloke, no bitterness, just seems like a really nice guy. Some of my best memories as a saints fans those few years, and we could argue all day long as to whether we should have won the leagues but the fact is he got us promoted, twice on the bounce, and he deserves nothing but praise for doing so.

Loved that. What a time that was to be a Southampton fan. There weren't many lucky wins in Nigel Adkins' time as manager - especially during that 23-game (I think) home winning run. We were absolutely destroying teams then. Adkins himself has an admirable sense of long- and short-term perspective that makes him incredibly likable, and he deserves to do well. A really decent man who deserves to do well.

Great bit of nostalgia watching this interview, my 2 favourite seasons supporting Saints.

Me too, incredible looking back on it all and reflecting on all that happened and what has come since.

Nigel is a hero, an inspirational character in my eyes.

Thanks for the memories Nige, together as one!

Probably a nice fella.,minus the odious soundbites.

Sacked at the right time.

Should've done better with what he had at his disposal.

Never settle for second best.....we did under him.

Thanks Nige,bigger thanks to Pardew.

I don't like to disappoint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never settle for second best you winner you.

We finish 2nd this year and you won't be happy?

Supporting the wrong team fella if you weren't happy with Adkin's reign.

Suggest you might want to look into supporting Real Madrid. Don't forget your white hanky.

Watched the first ten minutes this morning with my pre work coffee will watch the rest tonight

Thought the bit I watched was brilliant best years as a Saints supporter in league 1 and the championship. Affordable STs , players staying more than five minutes, great football, good atmospheres at matches good days.

Nige = legend

Classy bloke. Was my favourite 2 seasons following Saints as well. Saturday 3pm and Tuesday 7:45, players who actually give a sh*t and graft like hell for each other, English core, amazing away trips and none of this Premier league day-trip plastic-ness.

Millwall away still one of my favourite away days ever.

Classy bloke. Was my favourite 2 seasons following Saints as well. Saturday 3pm and Tuesday 7:45, players who actually give a sh*t and graft like hell for each other, English core, amazing away trips and none of this Premier league day-trip plastic-ness.

Millwall away still one of my favourite away days ever.

I was there. Do you mean the one where rickie scored to win it at the death?

I was there. Do you mean the one where rickie scored to win it at the death?

Yeah. Class day from start to finish. Early start and beers around London Bridge and Borough. 5 of us went and went fivers in on a bet on a Lambert hat-trick. £25 @ 25/1. Needless to say we went f*cking mental getting the late equaliser then winner, stayed out and spent the winnings until the last train home. We played pretty **** for the middle hour of the game but what a day out.

Never settle for second best you winner you.

We finish 2nd this year and you won't be happy?

Supporting the wrong team fella if you weren't happy with Adkin's reign.

Suggest you might want to look into supporting Real Madrid. Don't forget your white hanky.

He dug himself deeply in the anti Nige trench after 2 weeks of him being here - I remember the post well for some reason and ever since its been like Nige slept with his wife - hardly ever a good word said. Shame.

Some of the best away days I have ever done under Nigel - some great football played- great grounds, fans and prices!!

Just think if we had appointed Hoddle we would never have enjoyed Nigel :-)

Loved that. What a time that was to be a Southampton fan. There weren't many lucky wins in Nigel Adkins' time as manager - especially during that 23-game (I think) home winning run. We were absolutely destroying teams then. Adkins himself has an admirable sense of long- and short-term perspective that makes him incredibly likable, and he deserves to do well. A really decent man who deserves to do well.

This I think perfectly sums up how I feel on this video. I just need to add my congratulations to the club for producing this film which was just superb. It feels so good to remember such great moments rather than go through the obligatory denigration of anyone from our history who is lo longer associated with the club. NA will always be treated well in our club's history