Man U tickets still on sale...

The9

I know we've been over this a few times, but it's the week of the match, and there are still tickets for the match against everyone's favourite "can you get me tickets mate" team, Manchester United.

Slightly different situation, but restrictive criteria meant it took nearly 2 weeks to sell out the 450 Midtjylland away tickets.

Does the fact the club has said the Man U game will NOT go to general sale, presumably to support their membership scheme priority charge, show smart thinking in driving up demand and maybe forcing a few people to buy memberships, or are they just being way too restrictive and costing themselves money in the long run from the kind of plastic part-timers who now can't get a ticket and just might get hooked more often?

And what does it say about the number of memberships, tv coverage, Sunday drinking and every other thread drift..?

There are a shed load of Saints fans that cannot get tickets because they haven't plumped up the cash for a membership. I can see 4 of them from my office. All of them didn't know about the membership scheme until they tried to get a ticket (which is odd, the club do bang on about it).

It's harming ticket sales, for sure. Silly making it so difficult for people, IMO.

There are a shed load of Saints fans that cannot get tickets because they haven't plumped up the cash for a membership. I can see 4 of them from my office. All of them didn't know about the membership scheme until they tried to get a ticket (which is odd, the club do bang on about it).

It's harming ticket sales, for sure. Silly making it so difficult for people, IMO.

Didnt know about the membership scheme? Christ I can't get away from it on the OS. Tickets have been on sale to people who have purchased a home ticket in 2015-16 for about 10 days now. I got the email about it. I haven't bought a membership as there is no point in getting one as very few home games if any will sell out at the members stage. Away games slightly different but the really popular away games will sell out to STs anyway. The club told me earlier this season that they intend to keep the membership for next season and beyond but I cannot see it being very popular next season especially if we have nto qualified for Europe and have had a mid table finish this season.

It would be £40 for my son and I so I have saved myself the cost of going to one game which I can actually spend on tickets.

Didnt know about the membership scheme? Christ I can't get away from it on the OS. Tickets have been on sale to people who have purchased a home ticket in 2015-16 for about 10 days now. I got the email about it. I haven't bought a membership as there is no point in getting one as very few home games if any will sell out at the members stage. Away games slightly different but the really popular away games will sell out to STs anyway. The club told me earlier this season that they intend to keep the membership for next season and beyond but I cannot see it being very popular next season especially if we have nto qualified for Europe and have had a mid table finish this season.

It would be £40 for my son and I so I have saved myself the cost of going to one game which I can actually spend on tickets.

ps why can't they get tickets? Norwich went on general sale as did Everton as did both home Europa games.

People have been mentioning the atmosphere/being out sung again has been poor recently and was much better in the lower leagues. This could suggest a correlation in ticket price and atmosphere/noise level from the fans.

My conclusion, tickets in the ends that make the noise, Northam, Itchen north wing and Kingsland north wing should be priced from £25-£30-35 for C+B+A games. Seeing as we're the ones that are helping the team. The other seats can stay the same :nod:

And obviously cheaper season tickets for seats in those areas as well.

Edited by Saint IQ

I'm not sure about harming ticket sales - this game will definitely sell out so it seems they may have got it about right commercially. And as others have said, you don't need a membership to get tickets for this game or probably any other home game this season. Assuming they'd been to at least one game in the year (or was it two?) and and those tickets were registered against their purchasing account the shed loads could have got one at least a week ago.

Edited by twopintsnilnil