VW-Audi in trouble

Saint in Paradise

Oh dear this isn't the first time that they have been caught either :lol:

http://www.autosafety.org/sites/default/files/imce_staff_uploads/VW%20Defeat%20Device%20%24120%2C00%20fine%203-12-74%20Pr.pdf

It's the article on the right hand side.

I now wonder how many other vehicles in the VAG stable are going to be caught up in this and what will happen to

people trying to sell?

A lot of fleet cars are sold on low emissions! Could have big implications. BMW engines have had very good figures on this in the last 10 years so you have to wonder.

BMW seem to be about to join the list of culprits as well. I have a diesel DS4, I have no doubt that the CO2 emissions are way above whatever's written on the test sheet.

• 2 weeks later...

More than 340 Australian consumers have contacted law firm Maurice Blackburn and class actions principal Damian Scattini says he could begin preparing the case

immediately after Volkswagen's face to face with the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development, and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.

"We're a bit concerned it's going to be more weasel words, so we're not going to wait beyond today to take the next step," said Mr Scattini, who said he could

consider a freedom of information request to prise the facts from Volkswagen.

"They've got this final opportunity to do the right thing."

Mr Scattini said it is inconceivable that VW doesn't have all the relevant information.

"Germans are good record keepers. If you wanted to find a part for a 1972 Volkswagen Beetle, they'd have a way of finding that for you very quickly," Mr Scattini told AAP.

"I can't believe for a moment they don't know what's happening here. If they did not have those engines in Australia, they would very quickly say `we don't have those

here and it's not a problem.'

"They didn't say that and it's very telling. They're having meetings about the best way to manage this for the least expense and that's not good enough."

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/patience-running-vw-over-scandal-012425948.html

BMW seem to be about to join the list of culprits as well. I have a diesel DS4, I have no doubt that the CO2 emissions are way above whatever's written on the test sheet.

From what I have read on BBC site and VWs, its not CO2 that is the issue - CO2 emissions are lower with diesels and are not influenced by this software. The software looks to run the engine to minimize Nitrogen oxide (not to be confused with Nitrogen dioxide) emissions which are not an issue in the EU, but are in the US (despite their clean air act ingnoring any ****e that diesel trucks spew out as its only applicable to cars). Its likely that those in the EU fitted with this software had not even had it activated. Seems to be the 2 ltr TDI that is most affected... my V6 3ltr is fine apparently!

I don't really have any info on how bad/harmful NO is to atmosphere, but also read that many EU manufacturers are struggling to meet latest EU wide emissions levels for diesels.