Financial Results predictions

once_bitterne

Last March we posted a £35m profit which didn't get a lot of attention from the media or fans as we were challenging for the top 4.

The next set of figures will include the Summer where Lallana et al departed so I think the profits announced could be in excess of this (£50m+?)

If we are in the midst of a relegation scrap I think this may well be a major stories in her majesty's gutter press. I wonder what sort of reaction the owners will get from the fans if this is the case?

Last March we posted a £35m profit which didn't get a lot of attention from the media or fans as we were challenging for the top 4.

The next set of figures will include the Summer where Lallana et al departed so I think the profits announced could be in excess of this (£50m+?)

If we are in the midst of a relegation scrap I think this may well be a major stories in her majesty's gutter press. I wonder what sort of reaction the owners will get from the fans if this is the case?

We'll probably post a loss actually. The 35 million comes from the sales of Shaw and Lambert...virtually the exact sum in fact which went through before the end of the 2013-14 financial year. After that we sold Lovren, Chambers and Lallana and spent a packet on Tadic,Pelle,Long,Mané etc. We'll see in March.

We'll probably post a loss actually. The 35 million comes from the sales of Shaw and Lambert...virtually the exact sum in fact which went through before the end of the 2013-14 financial year. After that we sold Lovren, Chambers and Lallana and spent a packet on Tadic,Pelle,Long,Mané etc. We'll see in March.

Except that the profit on the sale of the players listed is recognised in the year in which they were sold whilst the cost of the players brought in to replace them is spread over the term of their contracts

I'm not sure that they would accrue the full £35m in the 2013-14 year. They would surely phase this in line with anticipated staged payments - this would strike me as the more prudent accountancy approach.

I'm not sure that they would accrue the full £35m in the 2013-14 year. They would surely phase this in line with anticipated staged payments - this would strike me as the more prudent accountancy approach.

Prudent and Accountancy in the same sentence? Not these days with many CEO's only lasting a few years and all wishing to leave on a high! taking the full revenue and phasing costs ensures lots of early profits while "kicking the can further down the road on the assumption of ever increasing revenue" probably fine if remain in the premiership and TV money continues to grow but a big risk if we ever go down!

Pretty sure they'd recognise the full revenue of player sales straight away, however we would recognise the cost of a signing over the contract length, i.e. 4 year contract, cost of player/48 months.

Not sure what happens when we would recognise the revenue of the player sale if it's based on performance based bonuses - I would guess we would recognise the full revenue of the initial payment from Man Utd, then the following parts when the bpnus criteria are met.