Post-Match Reaction: MK Dons 0-6 SAINTS - Capital One Cup - Round 3

Saint-Armstrong

Man of the Match v MK Dons  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match v MK Dons

I was in the lower tier but I guess it was being passed around and people were putting it on their head while others chanted.

Barnsley did it with a plant pot when getting hammered at Rochdale last month which is funnier because they did it first and it was a plant pot.

A few things I noticed from the video above - Van Dijk on free-kicks (!), Juanmi fairly heavily involved with a lot of the goals despite people saying he was unimpressive, Cedric put the ball in for the penalty decision, and great through ball assists from Davis for the 6th and Gaston for the 5th which you are very unlikely to see in the Premier League due to the time and space for the passer and the runner.

A few things I noticed from the video above - Van Dijk on free-kicks (!), Juanmi fairly heavily involved with a lot of the goals despite people saying he was unimpressive, Cedric put the ball in for the penalty decision, and great through ball assists from Davis for the 6th and Gaston for the 5th which you are very unlikely to see in the Premier League due to the time and space for the passer and the runner.

Seems pretty much spot on.

I was in the lower tier but I guess it was being passed around and people were putting it on their head while others chanted.

Barnsley did it with a plant pot when getting hammered at Rochdale last month which is funnier because they did it first and it was a plant pot.

There was a chap running round putting it on peoples head, it was quite funny for the first 1 or 2 times, then it got really irritating, god knows why so many people got involved.

Extended Highlights

[video=youtube;-5Sv77i4WVc]

Incidentally, I like the way Romeu celebrates our goals. Passion.

Wonderful, thanks for that.

No negatives from the evening. A clean sheet, lots of goals, another step in his rehabilitation for J-Rod, Ryan back on the pitch, Pelle gets a well-earned rest and a useful run out for those players not considered first-choice at the moment.

Watching the extended highlights it does look like Juanmi is not 100% match fit,a couple of times we were on the break and he couldn't keep up with Mane and Jay

To be fair, whilst I think Juanmi is clearly not physically ready for Premier League games, there aren't many that would be able to keep up with Jay and Mane on the break. Their acceleration and top end pace is rapid.

Watching the extended highlights it does look like Juanmi is not 100% match fit,a couple of times we were on the break and he couldn't keep up with Mane and Jay

Also has Davis gained a yard of pace? he went on a decent run in that game and looked quick,I remember him doing that in the utd game as well and he looked quicker.

Also big up J-rod,he sounds like the most miserable man in football,he could score a hat trick in the world cup final and he would still sound like he has just put down his beloved pet in the post match interview,

I know what you mean, but TBF to J Rod, he is just ridiculously humble and down to earth. Much prefer that, than the billy big ******** attitude which some of our (now departed) players used to have.

Absolutely debatable, but to win that debate would take some awesome debating skills IMO

Yes, you're right. It is too early on to assess whether the team we have now is better than the one we had last year or the year before that, and anyway are we talking the first team or the squad? Many would even argue over which players should be in that best first team over the three seasons. In my opinion, the squad at least is better than the one we had the past couple of years.

Many would say that the team from last year was better than the one from the year before, but Rodriguez wasn't available. Would Lambert still have the legs to be playing as well as he did for us two years ago? Was Lallana better than Tadic, V.V-D versus Toby, versus Lovren? Bertrand is arguably at least as good as Shaw when he was here, and whereas Bertrand has just returned from an injury, had Shaw stayed and suffered that injury with us, we would be without him for the rest of the season and maybe Lovren would also be out for some time too had he stayed.

Schneiderlin, Toby and Clyne are difficult to replace, but whereas it seems that Cedric might not be up to Clyne's standard, the jury is still out on V V-D and Romeu against Schneiderlin and Toby, although Lovren's performances for Liverpool suggest that he relied on his team mates here to make him look good.

Great result although Robinson said he wasn't interested in the match. Not a lover of MK but remember the respect Pete Winkleman showed when Markus died, didn't hesitate to postpone the match.

Robinson also said at times he just applauded our play it was that good