Embarassing

Kaiser Soze

Quite. What I don't understand is how funny some people found it. Like it was the greatest moment of their lives. It was reception age comedy.

And I'd say it's closer to 99% unfortunately.

Edited by LGTL

Why are you "embarrassed" by the actions of people who you don't know? They don't represent you, you just happen to have picked to support the same XI men kicking a ball around a field.

Do you have a document filled with 'stock' answers which you copy and paste at the required time? I'm pretty sure I've seen you write this exact same thing numerous times...

Quite. What I don't understand is how funny some people found it. Like it was the greatest moment of their lives. It was reception age comedy.

And I'd say it's closer to 99% unfortunately.

That's what I never get. Grown adults cracking up like its a piece of properly original, laugh out loud comedy.

Matthew Le God is right....I attended 2 away games and the drunken fighting amongst themselves, the drunken squabble about whether or not to cheer the team or barrack them...the aggressive refusal of Saints fans to sit down instead of standing in front, of an elderly person disgusted me. As a result, I won't go to away games. I would have enjoyed last night's fun about the Mars bar and laughed.I am not represented by any of the contrasting behaviours.

I am embarrassed about the people who are embarrassed...do they hand out prizes and awards for the greatest fans in the country now?

What is the ranking how rough and tough you are? How many wear designer clobber? How loud you think you sing? Variety of songs? Do you have a drum and bugle?

Do you have a firm?

Sad or what!

What I find more hilarious is how so many people have reacted to the whole thing, I'd be far more embarrassed by a group of Saints fans kicking off outside the ground - I think people need to get some perspective in their lives!

(btw I was sat nxt to the people who started it and did laugh/ sing along to begin with but it did become tiresome after a couple of minutes of it.)

Never seen anything like it. Surrounded by full grown men in stitches about it, filming it on their phones i can only assume to send in to Lad Bible or to show all their mates tomorrow. The hilarious clowns who started it just copied it from that plant pot one which was circulating on social media the other day.

Had to leave early i couldn't put up with it any longer.

Surrounded by full grown men in stitches about it, filming it on their phones i can only assume to send in to Lad Bible or to show all their mates tomorrow.

Kinda indicative of an annoying trait of modern times - recording everything, regardless of merit. I'm guilty of taking a quick snap at an away day and sticking it on social media to remember the day by, but standing there with your phone out all match? Get to ****.

Exactly the same happens at gigs nowadays. Forget living in the moment and actually forming some memories worth preserving. It's all about disconnectedly watching events unfold behind a viewfinder - capturing the maximum amount of grainy snaps or video footage.

At a Metallica fan show (for the launch of 'Death Magnetic'), James Hetfield said, "Stop recording this and enjoy it. Nobody's going to like you any more for posting ****ty quality videos on Youtube." Couldn't agree more.

People will be putting retweet/favourite and follower counts on their CVs next.

Kinda indicative of an annoying trait of modern times - recording everything, regardless of merit. I'm guilty of taking a quick snap at an away day and sticking it on social media to remember the day by, but standing there with your phone out all match? Get to ****.

Exactly the same happens at gigs nowadays. Forget living in the moment and actually forming some memories worth preserving. It's all about disconnectedly watching events unfold behind a viewfinder - capturing the maximum amount of grainy snaps or video footage.

At a Metallica fan show (for the launch of 'Death Magnetic'), James Hetfield said, "Stop recording this and enjoy it. Nobody's going to like you any more for posting ****ty quality videos on Youtube." Couldn't agree more.

People will be putting retweet/favourite and follower counts on their CVs next.

it is definitely my new pet hate of modern life that would be going straight into room 101, the constant need to record stuff, it is all a popularity contest for the type of people who spend far too long on social media, it's only going to get worse when you look at the younger generation, i feel sorry for them really.

Please could someone tell me what this is all about?

Same boat mate. I'm guessing that some joker put a mars bar on his head, though this could be a euphemism.

Either way, it must be one of those 'you had to be there' moments, because as an anecdote it sounds incredibly shíte

Edited by Plastic

We shouldn't be surprised many found it hilarious. It was only a few of season ago a large part of the Northam end was rolling around the aisles like it was the funniest thing they've ever been involved in when they got to shout 'steeeeeeeve' every time De Ridder got near the ball.

Also This Clever ditty is only the latest in a history of hilarious snack based chants to cascade down from the terraces saints fans have been on. 'Look like a wotsit' being the personal low spot for me.

When it comes to hilarity our fans certainly hold their own with any in the country.

I thought it was dedicated to one of their players for having a little wedge like haircut that looked like a Mars Bar balanced on his head, in the same manner as the old song about Jason Lee (?) started by Baddiel and Skinner ... "He's got a pineapple on his head" ... but alas it was just a bunch of saps acting like a bunch of saps!!