Embarassing

Kaiser Soze

We shouldn't be surprised many found it hilarious. It was only a few of season ago a large part of the Northam end was rolling around the aisles like it was the funniest thing they've ever been involved in when they got to shout 'steeeeeeeve' every time De Ridder got near the ball.

Also This Clever ditty is only the latest in a history of hilarious snack based chants to cascade down from the terraces saints fans have been on. 'Look like a wotsit' being the personal low spot for me.

When it comes to hilarity our fans certainly hold their own with any in the country.

Oh christ, don't remind me. That wotsit chant at the away goalie was toe curlingly embarrassing, I actually did feel ashamed by our crowd.

it is definitely my new pet hate of modern life that would be going straight into room 101, the constant need to record stuff, it is all a popularity contest for the type of people who spend far too long on social media, it's only going to get worse when you look at the younger generation, i feel sorry for them really.

Exactly, what's wrong with a good story in the pub?!

All this just goes to show what utter *****s go to football these days. It's sh*t, over priced nonsense attended by people you'd avoid in other scenarios. They're either wacky, banter types trying to be characters, helmets acting like c*cks or know I talks who think they're experts and spend their whole time commenting on the game, slagging off the players or banging on about what this player should have done or how the tactics are wrong.

Or internet forum characters

I'm more concerned that he seems to have left home wearing his little sisters jeans by mistake.

On duty at school gate yesterday and matey we chucked out a few years ago turns up wearing what appeared to be a pair of jeggings. He was joined a few minutes after by one of ours who'd changed on site and was wearing his sister's leggings! Wtf?

Oh and wacky hat twat was quiet in the away end in Denmark because he was absolutely plastered by 5pm and started drinking water in an attempt to sober up enough to get to the game. Sadly he did.

Pictures? Is this the biggish guy that sits up towards the back of Block 39 and starts random songs, loudly, on his own? Wears a (tartan?) cap/tam'o'shanter type of thing on his head?

I was stood quite near this chap in the ground in Denmark, and oddly he was as quiet as a mouse there. Perhaps he lost his voice outside the pub. Still, at least he got a quite fit Danish bird to interview him. For about 30 seconds, I was actually quite jealous of him.

You mean this one? :)

11880668_10153054148451931_8330717929980296555_n.jpg?oh=7b3913aa076d3f2870fd7d0600d2faba&oe=569D048D

Pictures? Is this the biggish guy that sits up towards the back of Block 39 and starts random songs, loudly, on his own? Wears a (tartan?) cap/tam'o'shanter type of thing on his head?

No idea. I'm at the other end of St Mary's. I'm on a mission to educate the kids in the Family Stand in how to support the team when they are older so we don't have cretins like this chap embarrassing us.

While I agree that the chant was pathetic, the game had become utterly pointless by that time, and I suppose a kind of mass hysteria sets in.

We actually left five minutes early to avoid the worst of the traffic. I was surprised that so many home supporters stayed to the end.

Remember that many of this kind of things are only funny to those involved.

Certainly not worth a thread.

oh bore off you lot, they were just having a laugh, the game was over by that point. Too many boring saints fans that just want to sit and the chapel read their programmes and eat their cucumber sandwiches, BORING , stand up get behind the team make a bit of noise , you're allowed to, it might even help the team out. The atmosphere was better in the football league than it is now perhaps because success has attracted all the plastic fans to the club . Oh well hopefully if we keep losing they'll all get fed up and go and support a team that wins every week , they would be much better suited to sitting at the Emirates with the padded seats and lack of atmosphere. They wouldn't dream of playing such an immature game !

oh bore off you lot, they were just having a laugh, the game was over by that point. Too many boring saints fans that just want to sit and the chapel read their programmes and eat their cucumber sandwiches, BORING , stand up get behind the team make a bit of noise , you're allowed to, it might even help the team out. The atmosphere was better in the football league than it is now perhaps because success has attracted all the plastic fans to the club . Oh well hopefully if we keep losing they'll all get fed up and go and support a team that wins every week , they would be much better suited to sitting at the Emirates with the padded seats and lack of atmosphere. They wouldn't dream of playing such an immature game !
But that's the thing. I doubt you'd have many complaints about people stood up and getting behind the team. There are complaints about 20mins of "Mars Bar on his head" rubbish. That's quite a different thing.

Christ! it's a bit of lighthearted fun, there's a few bedwetters on here that's for sure ! in fact the mars bar game probably wen't on for about 5-10 minutes and I'm sure in an empty stadium it was nothing to be "embarrassed" about , would much rather hear that than witness half of the away support sitting down looking bored !

Christ! it's a bit of lighthearted fun, there's a few bedwetters on here that's for sure ! in fact the mars bar game probably wen't on for about 5-10 minutes and I'm sure in an empty stadium it was nothing to be "embarrassed" about , would much rather hear that than witness half of the away support sitting down looking bored !

The video has been shared on a football away days page on Facebook with 580 comments virtually all calling Saints fans a bunch of sappy cun$s , watching footage like this really hits home home much terrace culture in this country and particularly at saints is dead. No wonder so many lads do weekends abroad taking in games where support actually still means something and an atmosphere that shows the passion of the fans. Having said that it's an indication of the way popular culture has shifted, England cricket is full of wallys now as well.

Looking forward to Swansea's visit tomorrow, a team which generally brings a proper following, none of this nonsense

You seem utterly confused. It's all the bellends that have joined us SINCE promotion that start all this type of nonsense.

no not confused just saying I would rather people were having a laugh than sitting in their seats moaning about the game then coming on here to moan that people were having fun , and most of the "bellends" that have joined since promotion, are not standing up singing at an away game on a wednesday night in Milton Keynes, they are sitting in the chapel stand at home to top 4 team looking dissatisfied that we're not beating them 4-0

Funny thing is I've meant plenty of the lads on this thread calling this nipper (and the mess in the hat) a din in real life, and nearly all of them have done it from league one and before and are happy to make a decent racket.

The fact is this is standard modern fan crap, robbed from some Barnsley fans putting a plant pot on someone's head.

None of us have a problem with people wanting to stand and be vocal. In fact I'd hazard a guess none of us have a problem with the folks from the chapel that've done it for years and now want to sit either (they've got my respect at least for being there when it mattered and football wasn't a fashion).

The issue is nippers acting like soppy *****s and thinking they're hilarious. It's like the cringeworthy lot at palace, if instead of playing dress up or this stuff you just got behind the team then it'd be a lot better.

Mind you as someone said earlier I'm sure you wouldn't be able to share that ok whatever social media you think is important, and instead would have to deal with real life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny thing is I've meant plenty of the lads on this thread calling this nipper (and the mess in the hat) a din in real life, and nearly all of them have done it from league one and before and are happy to make a decent racket.

The fact is this is standard modern fan crap, robbed from some Barnsley fans putting a plant pot on someone's head.

None of us have a problem with people wanting to stand and be vocal. In fact I'd hazard a guess none of us have a problem with the folks from the chapel that've done it for years and now want to sit either (they've got my respect at least for being there when it mattered and football wasn't a fashion).

The issue is nippers acting like soppy *****s and thinking they're hilarious. It's like the cringeworthy lot at palace, if instead of playing dress up or this stuff you just got behind the team then it'd be a lot better.

Mind you as someone said earlier I'm sure you wouldn't be able to share that ok whatever social media you think is important, and instead would have to deal with real life

^^This^^

The video has been shared on a football away days page on Facebook with 580 comments virtually all calling Saints fans a bunch of sappy cun$s , watching footage like this really hits home home much terrace culture in this country and particularly at saints is dead. No wonder so many lads do weekends abroad taking in games where support actually still means something and an atmosphere that shows the passion of the fans. Having said that it's an indication of the way popular culture has shifted, England cricket is full of wallys now as well.

Looking forward to Swansea's visit tomorrow, a team which generally brings a proper following, none of this nonsense

We're doing 3 games in 3 days in Belgium plus 2 in 2 in Holland before Xmas. Germany after Xmas.

The total for my lad and me in Belgium is less than the cost of Liverpool away for the pair of us.

What the chuff has a bit of silliness with a chocolate bar on someone's head got to do with sitting in the ****ing Chapel!????!!!!