Holiday Accom in Spain Between Valencia & Barca.

View From The Top

I'm getting nagged at by the kids for a Spanish jolly next summer but have no idea about good/bad places to stay etc apart from the obvious such as Benidorm.

We will be flying to Madrid & spending a few days there before heading to the coast and it looks as if the area between Valencia & Barca are easiest to reach.

Min requirements are 3 bedrooms and a pool.

Any suggestions?

I'm getting nagged at by the kids for a Spanish jolly next summer but have no idea about good/bad places to stay etc apart from the obvious such as Benidorm.

We will be flying to Madrid & spending a few days there before heading to the coast and it looks as if the area between Valencia & Barca are easiest to reach.

Min requirements are 3 bedrooms and a pool.

Any suggestions?

Only been in that area twice so no expert but for what its worth:

1. Had a cheapo holiday in Sol Pelicanos Ocas in Benidorm, the hotel where the Benidorm series was shot. Everything about it was fine, except for the pool which was great - supposedly the best in Benidorm. Benidorm is a bit trashy for sure, but better than expected. Its got loads for the kids to do - eg Aqualandia waterpark and Terra Mitica theme park

2. Villajoyosa down the road a bit is small and quiet

3. Valencia is a real Spanish city not only there for tourism. Nice beach. A great city for a long weekend, could be a good choice for a city with beach trip.

I'd recommend Tarragona, which is certainly in the right area. It's a beautiful old city (Roman and medieval) which you can wander around, there's lots of good places to eat and you won't need to hire a car if you fly to Reus. You can get the train up to Barcelona, and there's an excellent water park a bus ride away.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Salou this year as we wanted to visit Barcelona without staying there. Lovely town, very clean, well landscaped and nice beaches, and also near other places like Reus and PortAventura which is well worth a day out. Also lots of shops, restaurants and bars, without going overboard on the youth element getting drunk! Very family friendly, when the wife and I finally get round to having kids, we're going back.

I'd recommend Tarragona, which is certainly in the right area. It's a beautiful old city (Roman and medieval) which you can wander around, there's lots of good places to eat and you won't need to hire a car if you fly to Reus. You can get the train up to Barcelona, and there's an excellent water park a bus ride away.

Tarragona a lovely place I think that was the first time I got taken to a brothel the 777 club on the way to the docks They hasd a festival in town for a week where every night they threw a different foodstuff. Eggs tomatoes sugar the main square was a right mess afterwards.

My family have a house in Peniscola, it is a lovely area, very different to Benidorm in that it remains very Spanish, the castle is being used as a settling for the new series on Games of Thrones, beware though it is very difficult to find a bar with Sky Sports!

My family have a house in Peniscola, it is a lovely area, very different to Benidorm in that it remains very Spanish, the castle is being used as a settling for the new series on Games of Thrones, beware though it is very difficult to find a bar with Sky Sports!

It was also used for the beach scenes in El Cid with Charlton Heston.