Wanyama

Romeu

Mane

Davis

JRod

Pelle

Subs: Gazza, Yoshida, Caulker, JWP, Clasie, Tadic, Long

Chelsea 2 Saints 1 :(

Could this team be any less creative ? We need something or else why bother even turning up . Would rather lose while trying than lose whilst doing nothing .

Bertrand and Tadic are our only creative outlet . Would be baffling to drop Tadic . Besides Tadic will draw fouls like nobodys business. Could put their players under pressure if a few yellows were drawn

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi

Hell hath no fury like a journalist scorned. The end of the love affair with "The Special One"?

He sounds a lot like Cantona in his most unstable years.

I wonder how many managers have been sacked after a loss to the Saints?

There's a thread about that somewhere . . . "Managers Sacked After Playing Saints"

Edited by under the west stand
thread title added

I'd happily settle for a point. Willian looks scarily good, and they've got plenty of others (such as Hazard) can do serious damage if they start firing on all cylinders again.

The good news is Lawro is predicting a Chelsea win, so not all the pundits (and I use that term loosely for him) are going for a result for us.

I'm pretty sure the result tomorrow will go one of three ways. :-)

Seriously, my mind thinks we'll get tonked by a Chelsea side desperate for a result in front of their home fans, heart thinks they're lying on the canvas and we've been tagged in for the final blow. Mind thinks Hazard will eat Cedrick alive, heart thinks Mané will eat Ivanovic alive.

With the right team selection we could win tomorrow, though I'd settle for an entertaining point.

I'm pretty sure the result tomorrow will go one of three ways. :-)

Seriously, my mind thinks we'll get tonked by a Chelsea side desperate for a result in front of their home fans, heart thinks they're lying on the canvas and we've been tagged in for the final blow. Mind thinks Hazard will eat Cedrick alive, heart thinks Mané will eat Ivanovic alive.

With the right team selection we could win tomorrow, though I'd settle for an entertaining point.

Pretty much how I feel as well!!

Not much chance of a repeat of my 1st ever away game back in our 2nd ever season in The Top Tier .... Sept 67 .... Chelsea 2 Southampton 6 :adore:

Big Ron bagged 4, Martin Chivers 2 and even future Saint Ossie bagged 2 as well. Soon found out that not all away games are like that, pretty much all down hill since then!!

Could this team be any less creative ? We need something or else why bother even turning up . Would rather lose while trying than lose whilst doing nothing .

Bertrand and Tadic are our only creative outlet . Would be baffling to drop Tadic . Besides Tadic will draw fouls like nobodys business. Could put their players under pressure if a few yellows were drawn

This. Tadic has been in very good form and has to play.

I can see Rom coming in for davis for this

Not so sure, you have already commented that he will see red soon and this game has the potential to be the one as he might be of the mindset "look what you let go". He hasn't quite mastered the art of battering someone off the ball with the finesse of Victor which the Koemans might viewas a liability.

Teams like Chelsea don't typically cock up three games in a row. I wouldn't really expect much from this game.

Pretty much how I see it. They really need a result, and whenever chelsea really need a result they usually get it.

This. Tadic has been in very good form and has to play.

I tend to agree, despite leaving him out of 'my' starting 11. Whilst that sounds contradictory, my reasoning is that I believe JRod needs and/or deserves more game time and the only obvious swap is for Tadic.

I guess this 'dilemma' simply underlines that we have more strength in depth this season, which obviously isn't a bad thing. FWIW, I fully expect Koeman to start with Tadic over JRod, and he's probably a smidgen better at this football management malarkey than me :)

Teams like Chelsea don't typically cock up three games in a row. I wouldn't really expect much from this game.

Still a bit strange that they are flapping about down in the bottom half 8 games in, especially as they have pretty much the same high quality players they did last season, you would expect them to be in the top half by now. Ok they are only a point behind us but, ignoring the Guardian piece, something is awry with them and has become worse since the Eva Canavaro kerfuffle....... I would like to think that as a team we are in a better place than them, and if we lose far better equipped as a team and fans to handle the disappointment than they would be if we win especially on the eve of a 2 week break.

Agree 100%. Tadic is statistically our best player this season. Chelsea are there for the taking and leaking goals. They have let in 14 goals already. Only Sunderland have let in more. If we go in there with a negative selection hoping for a draw then I will be ****ed off. I don't care if we give it a go and lose, but to go and full out defend and then lose will be a joke.

I'd go for

---------Stek--------

Cedric--Fonte--VVD--Bertrand

-------Wanyama----Davis-------

Mane------------------------Tadic

-----------Jay--------------------

------------------Pelle-----------

That team will create enough chances and has pace and trickery. If we get an early goal their crowd will turn on them. Will be my last Saints game for awhile so hoping we go out there to win.

On the one hand I'd like to see us really go at them and attack from the start as they are low on confidence and may be fragile.

On the other, I think setting up to be solid and frustrate them will get the fans on their backs if they fail to break us down and allow the likes of Mané to really threaten on the counter.

No idea how this one is going to go!

If Mane plays as well as he did against them in the games last season we can definitely get something.

Do Chelsea really lose 3 in a row tho? Tbh it all seems to be going to **** for them so hopefully this is the time.

Ivanovic vs Mane is where we can win this game.

We are playing the at the worst possible time, there's no way they will want to loose another game particular after the champions league game, they are going to smash someone soon lets hope its not us, more the happy with a draw for this game