Sadio Mane

max_saints

The No Penalty and then the booking for Mane, really changed the game for us.... It really fired him up .. Brilliant all round performance. Also was very impressed with Cedric and also Bertrand back from injury and showing his form a real bonus..

How long is left on his contract.... I wouldn't at all be surprised if he stays for next season too and goes the summer of 2017..he's playing and scoring and we're doing well...by all accounts he likes it here and appears a humble bloke.

4 year contract. Signed last summer.

He'll leave at the end of the season but we shouldn't be selling him for any less than £35-40Mn. If the likes of De Bruyne and Sterling are £50Mn+ then we're offering a bargain as well.

He's better than Sterling IMO but we won't get similar fee for Mane.

He is a quality player, will have to saviour having him.

Outstanding player and quite unique in so far as he can cover wing, striker and AM effortlessly. Has unique skills of pace, control, evasion and great vision for an assist. Will be delighted if we get another season from him beyond this one. What a player.

Think we will struggle to keep him past the end of the season and I'd surprised if Vic hasn't been promised he can go next summer if the right offer comes in.

But we could do an Everton, it's hardly like we need cash and Mane seems pretty happy as a Saints player at the moment

He'll go for what he's worth when he leaves. In the meantime I'm just enjoying having him at Saints when he plays like he did today. It's brilliant when he just stands on the ball and then takes the **** out of the defender when they try and take it off him. ☺

If he is vaguely consistent, then he will be 40m+ no doubt. He will probably go, as will Wanyama, we just have to replace well and keep investing. That's modern football, whatever delldays thinks. Might delay it like we did with morgan, like everton have with their players, but it is merely delaying the inevitable.

Mane was 10 times better than Hazard today. Could reach that level I think, there will be a lot of demand next year he'd already add something to top 4 sides.

He was comfortably the best attacker on the pitch absolutely no doubt. Falcao, Willian, Hazard, Pedro - PAH!

When he came in was genuinely excited, looked good, quick feet, fast movement, everything saints lacked. Started half decent, by December though I think it was, couldn't stand him, clear potential but every time he had ball he'd end up on on his bum or giving it away.

What a difference 12 months makes, the potential is there for all to see, quickest feet I've seen in a saints shirt and he can actually stay on his feet, by far and away our star player, let's enjoy him whilst we can!

When he came in was genuinely excited, looked good, quick feet, fast movement, everything saints lacked. Started half decent, by December though I think it was, couldn't stand him, clear potential but every time he had ball he'd end up on on his bum or giving it away.

What a difference 12 months makes, the potential is there for all to see, quickest feet I've seen in a saints shirt and he can actually stay on his feet, by far and away our star player, let's enjoy him whilst we can!

He had, what, 3 bad games in a row last season? If that's enough to make you unable to stand him then you are quite clearly the sort of unnecessarily reactionary fan that is so prevalent in modern football.

He happened to finish the month of December by scoring at Palace and helping us to an excellent win. Seriously, what is wrong with people that their opinions of players go from one extreme to another all the time? How about trusting in the coaches and management to help players out of a bad run of form and supporting them while they might be in one?

starting to look world class! great hunger for the game, and made players onmuch more money them him look like clowns today. seems very happy here....but if we don't offer what he's worth, and don't place the team in a position worthy of his quality, then he will of course have to leave :( the ball is in our court.... though as said above if he carries on like this we would be looking for mega mane/money! Pelle looking great as well COYS!

I said when we signed him he looked like he was going to be a frustrating player who would be great one week and poor the next. It looks like he is starting to get a bit of consistency now, I would go as far as saying he could be one of the top 10 best players in the PL this season. Shout out to Pelle too, gets a bit of stick but keeps on scoring and doing his job for the team.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

De Bruyne fee has set the benchmark, we are in a good position to fend off any interest so fingers crossed he is a Saint for at least a season and a half allowing us to identify and sign the next player who'll light up the game without anyone else recognising them first.

not quite a benchmark

hasnt De bruyne got champions league experience, home grown and was the Bundesliga player of the season?

not quite a benchmark

hasnt De bruyne got champions league experience, home grown and was the Bundesliga player of the season?

Yes De Bruyne has played in the CL and Mane will in the future, De Bruyne played for Genk until 2012 so he is not homegrown and who's to say Mane won't be like this all season and be one of the standout performers (in England only those who play for the media favoured teams win POTY, Germans are a bit more open minded). Mane is tearing up defences, he is fast, he's creative, he plays for the team, he is scoring goals. That's a player who commands a very high fee yes?

Yes De Bruyne has played in the CL and Mane will in the future, De Bruyne played for Genk until 2012 so he is not homegrown and who's to say Mane won't be like this all season and be one of the standout performers (in England only those who play for the media favoured teams win POTY, Germans are a bit more open minded). Mane is tearing up defences, he is fast, he's creative, he plays for the team, he is scoring goals. That's a player who commands a very high fee yes?

I thought De Bruyne is classed as home grown due to his 'time' owned by chelsea???