Garth Crooks' Team of the Week.

Koolman

For me he's what I call an idiot

For me he is someone I call someone who often has a different opinion from myself. has played the game at a far higher level than I ever did and is now making a decent living for himself watching the game that he loves.

I certainly don't call that an 'idiot.

• 1 month later...
Gareth Crooks thinks very highly of the set up at Southampton. I have sat down with him a couple of times for lengthy chats about football in general and the first thing that struck me was how different (and much better) he comes across one to one than he does on the telly.

That's not much of a yardstick.

• 3 years later...

Who pays this guy to say such rubbish? Oh and no Bednarek either.

Gareth Crooks on Saints right now after saying JWP was in his team of the week.

What a transformation at Southampton, who look a very different football team from the one I saw under Mark Hughes, although I can't put my finger on why. The Saints seem to benefit from the departure of one manager and profit from the arrival of another.’

He clearly doesn't do any research, gets numerous facts wrong, and even admits he hasn't bothered finding out why we are doing so much better now. He simply watches MOTD and that's it, just like the rest of the general public. Literally anyone who has an interest in football could do what he does. Stealing a living and knows he's untouchable. Other than that he's bang on the money.

Think i read during the game about JWP he couldn't understand why the Leicester player near him didn't just foul him. Great stuff.

Yeah I saw that on the BBC live text. He's probably right though.

Better to take a yellow card than to concede a free shot on goal, surely?

• 2 months later...

What right does Gareth Crooks has to say that Manchester Utd need to get this man, are they on commission or something?

On Wan-Bissaka

‘He was superb yet again against Newcastle. This fabulous talent has not looked back since his Premier League debut at Fulham at the start of the season. This kid is a must for Manchester United.’

What right does Gareth Crooks has to say that Manchester Utd need to get this man, are they on commission or something?

On Wan-Bissaka

‘He was superb yet again against Newcastle. This fabulous talent has not looked back since his Premier League debut at Fulham at the start of the season. This kid is a must for Manchester United.’

I don't like Crooks but he's entitled to his opinion.

On Wan-Bissaka

All our football pundits are squealing, ball-tugging cheerleaders for either United or Liverpool.

Until Carrigher's obnoxious fanboying the other night, the worst example this season was Gary Neville's co-commentary stint on Everton 2-6 Tottenham. It wasn't like it was a game devoid of talking points, but Man United had just sacked Mourinho and paper talk had it that Pochettino was top of their shortlist of one to replace him.

Neville spent the whole game talking only about Poch joining United. Every good thing Spurs did on the pitch was followed by effusive praise for the manager and some variation on "that's why he'd be perfect for Man United". It was absolutely pathetic, the level of distain he had for Spurs and their supporters. It was a 90 minute masturbatory ode to a team not even playing.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Literally anyone with half an idea about football could spout the rubbish he does. Ederson as keeper of the week, even though he had nothing to do all week. Reason for being picked? Because he loves to use his feet. Crooks is a clown of the highest order.

Literally anyone with half an idea about football could spout the rubbish he does. Ederson as keeper of the week, even though he had nothing to do all week. Reason for being picked? Because he loves to use his feet. Crooks is a clown of the highest order.

Besides his odd selections, Crooks only picks players from teams that have won their game.

On Wan-Bissaka

Don't get me started on this clown.

Who can forget his priceless comments on Mario Lemina last season:

This lad is playing for the wrong team. Seriously. Mario Lemina is an Arsenal player if ever I have seen one.

Lemina is wasted at St Mary’s. Sorry, Southampton fans, but you just do not have the class of player to bring the best out of this lad.