Saints announce fans' forum with Krueger, Reed and Koeman - October 19th

Saint-Armstrong

But to think of the question in the first place.... How odd. You are thinking about it, even if it's in a flippant way.

But no, you don't care. It doesn't offend you does it? It doesn't upset your masculine equilibrium?

the answer being a NO then...fair enough

the answer being a NO then...fair enough

I have not expressed an opinion so don't see fit to make false presumptions. I am asking the questions.

If you don't care, why ask that question in the first place and why continue the conversation.... about the thing you don't care about?

I have not expressed an opinion so don't see fit to make false presumptions. I am asking the questions.

If you don't care, why ask that question in the first place and why continue the conversation.... about the thing you don't care about?

stop getting so wound up because there are people out there who do not see the benefit in investing (in anyway) into a ladies team right now.

the club have little huger for it either otherwise they would do a great deal more than suggested

stop getting so wound up because there are people out there who do not see the benefit in investing (in anyway) into a ladies team right now.

the club have little huger for it either otherwise they would do a great deal more than suggested

I am perfectly fine. I just find it very funny that you are protesting continually how little you care about something. It makes you look very impressive, don't worry.

I am perfectly fine. I just find it very funny that you are protesting continually how little you care about something. It makes you look very impressive, don't worry.

just chatting on here mate. nothing more. little effort required

lets agree to disagree

I asked the question, never suggested I would be doing anything, either way

also, what is the 'bigger picture'

lets not pretend that the club is only doing this so to raise their own profile and gain more money. Nothing to do with being part of the community and all that.

Ladies football is getting quite large coverage by the BBC compared to real life interest. More clubs are jumping on the bandwagon

Ladies football gets BIG media coverage in Sweden. The standard is excellent, but they usually end up losing finals against Germany, or the USA

Some club games ....and ALL internationals get TV coverage, but the average league match gets much less than 1000 spectators.

Keep trying.

To do what? Simple question, surely.

Try to insult me some more, say you don't give a f**k about women's football but are not sexist, then move on. It's only a forum after all.

What's so tricky about that?

Edited by Colinjb

Is it a bit like men in their thirties who protest so much about what style football shirt a club wears that they organise a protest group, but then buy the style of shirt they are protesting against anyway?

Is it a bit like men in their thirties who protest so much about what style football shirt a club wears that they organise a protest group, but then buy the style of shirt they are protesting against anyway?

Prat. I was in my twenties at the time. ;)

You came out of nowhere there chap, how's tricks?

Surely the point of a ladies team is to expand the "fan base": to engage women; to engage their families; to take the club into schools without discrimination; to be a true community; to inspire; to be "mes que un club".

It's not to draw huge crowds to ladies football. That won't happen.

Because it's shiiiiiiiiiiite.

To do what? Simple question, surely.

Try to insult me some more, say you don't give a f**k about women's football but are not sexist, then move on. It's only a forum after all.

What's so tricky about that?

You managed to turn people being non plussed about SFC having a women's team to a "tell them to stay in the kitchen" posture of puffed up self righteousness in the blink of an eye, now you're chucking about "are you a sexist" bulls hit at me.

Have a fu cking medal.

Women still face countless challenges in the modern world. Having a football team in a SO postcode is some way down that list.

Seems to me you seem slightly more obsessed about your daughter somehow living out your own football dream than actually considering what she might actually want to do herself.

Act the fuc king poundland suffragette if you like but don't start asking me questions like that.

You managed to turn people being non plussed about SFC having a women's team to a "tell them to stay in the kitchen" posture of puffed up self righteousness in the blink of an eye, now you're chucking about "are you a sexist" bulls hit at me.

Have a fu cking medal.

Women still face countless challenges in the modern world. Having a football team in a SO postcode is some way down that list.

Seems to me you seem slightly more obsessed about your daughter somehow living out your own football dream than actually considering what she might actually want to do herself.

Act the fuc king poundland suffragette if you like but don't start asking me questions like that.

All fair points, you have the conviction to care and try to put me in my place, I respect that. I will stand my ground on defending the Saints Ladies team though. It's a step forward, not the biggest but a step forward. And regarding my daughter, I mate the caveat of 'should she chose' at the start of my point. Learn to read through your red mist.

If you hadn't tried to dredge up ancient history in the first place then this would have been entirely avoided, push me and I will push back you precious little soul you.

Edited by Colinjb

All fair points, you have the conviction to care and try to put me in my place, I respect that. I will stand my ground on defending the Saints Ladies team though. It's a step forward, not the biggest but a step forward. And regarding my daughter, I mate the caveat of 'should she chose' at the start of my point. Learn to read through your red mist.

If you hadn't tried to dredge up ancient history in the first place then this would have been entirely avoided, push me and I will push back you precious little soul you.

Learn to put things in perspective yourself sunshine.

Southampton Football Club not having a womens football team does not doom any women, anywhere, to "staying in the kitchen". Just pompous drivel. Think about that next time you start channelling your inner Martin Luther King, even though it makes you feel so awfully radical and dynamic and that.

Happy to help.

Learn to put things in perspective yourself sunshine.

Southampton Football Club not having a womens football team does not doom any women, anywhere, to "staying in the kitchen". Just pompous drivel. Think about that next time you start channelling your inner Martin Luther King, even though it makes you feel so awfully radical and dynamic and that.

Happy to help.

And here was me thinking this was a football forum. What a place to get animated about a football related topic, in a football forum.

Get a grip pal. You preach about lacking perspective and drivel but post that. All due to you getting involved in a conversation that wasn't even yours just to snipe at me. Laughable.

At least you had chance to have a good rant for no reason, feeling better now are we? There's a good boy.

Edited by Colinjb

And here was me thinking this was a football forum. What a place to get animated about a football related topic, in a football forum.

Get a grip pal. You preach about lacking perspective and drivel but post that. Getting involved in a conversation that wasn't even yours. Laughable.

What has telling women to "get back in the kitchen" because SFC don't have a women's team got to do with football?

And it's not your conversation. Here was me thinking it was a football forum.

What has telling women to "get back in the kitchen" because SFC don't have a women's team got to do with football?

It was challenging Batmans perspective, in the hope he would see how daft it would be to oppose something based on outdated gender paradigms.

You can read and follow conversations, right? Go and have a look. But no, you just took on something to have a go at me with, just what is it about me that gets to you CB Fry? Why do you care so much?

Surely a better system for future events would be to email questions to someone impartial (Adam Blackmore?) who selects 20 questions across a wide spectrum of topics. I know it was a kid but who cares who Rons favourite player is?

My kid actually, and he said he was going to ask this when we were driving to SMS. I said it wasn't really the sort of questions that they would be looking for but he asked it anyway, got a good laugh and to be fair to Ron he answered by naming the two captains! To be fair, it turned out to be a more interesting question than a lot if the others.

Thougt Ralph was just so ****ing corporate, Ron didn't want to be there and Les was probably wishing Cortese was still around so he didn't have to answer to a room of people like me..

It was challenging Batmans perspective, in the hope he would see how daft it would be to oppose something based on outdated gender paradigms.

You can read and follow conversations, right? Go and have a look. But no, you just took on something to have a go at me with, just what is it about me that gets to you CB Fry? Why do you care so much?

It's a blatant exaggeration to try to challenge something that didn't exist and this didn't need challenging. Some people don't see the need for a women's saints team, that doesn't make them sexist or mean they are ordering women back into the kitchen and it makes you look pretty pathetic for suggesting it does.

This is what you said:

I don't. So, you have no qualms about depriving people a chance to represent their club because of gender? You make some further sarcastic examples, but should there be the interest in running them and the club gives it's blessing, why should that be something for you to criticise?

You have a daughter who catches the football bug and you have to explain that's wrong? You tell her to get back into the kitchen? Or do you take pride in the fact that should she have the ability she can play for her club, her team.

Can you show me where Batman said that women having the football bug was "wrong"? Or where he said anything that required you to start pompously doling out "get back to the kitchen" melodramatics, ultimately descending into trying to accuse me of being "sexist"?

That entire response to Batman was an argument in your own head. That's why I am laughing at you.

Now, I am laughing at you using the phrase "outdated gender paradigms". Two posts ago you were saying "I thought this was a football forum."

Make your mind up, Russell Brand.

Edited by CB Fry

It's a blatant exaggeration to try to challenge something that didn't exist and this didn't need challenging. Some people don't see the need for a women's saints team, that doesn't make them sexist or mean they are ordering women back into the kitchen and it makes you look pretty pathetic for suggesting it does.

I disagree. It was intentionally exaggerated to call out and confirm that the motivation isn't sexism but due to indifference, in that case why the need to have a go at people who support it and are pleased by the prospect? I will challenge that.

This is what you said:

Can you show me where Batman said that women having the football bug was "wrong"? Or where he said anything that required you to start pompously doling out "get back to the kitchen" melodramatics, ultimately descending into trying to accuse me of being "sexist"?

That entire response to Batman was an argument in your own head. That's why I am laughing at you.

Now, I am laughing at you using the phrase "outdated gender paradigms". Two posts ago you were saying "I thought this was a football forum."

Make your mind up, Russell Brand.

Oh poor soul, you just want an argument. On a football forum I took issue with ideas like that in relation to the concept of the ladies team. I was calling Batman out, eventually getting to a point of agreeing to disagree.

You barged in on a conversation that wasn't yours to specifically have a go at me personally. So I rightly had a go back at you.

Are you sexist? I don't think so, but you are utterly pathetic. The only person on this forum who seems to feel the need to really be nasty. I pity you, but nonetheless await your next stream of self righteous bile.

To drag this back to this evening-does anyone else get the impression that Ralph adds next to nothing as chairman?

If he spoke in his rambling, flowery, question-avoiding tones as a CEO of a medium to large company in a different sector, he'd get laughed out the door

Good man.

He clearly must be doing something right, but cannot help but agree with the sentiment. Can only hope that he has a harder edge behind closed doors and that his public facade of middle management speak is just that.

Oh poor soul, you just want an argument. On a football forum I took issue with ideas like that in relation to the concept of the ladies team. I was calling Batman out, eventually getting to a point of agreeing to disagree.

You barged in on a conversation that wasn't yours to specifically have a go at me personally. So I rightly had a go back at you.

Are you sexist? I don't think so, but you are utterly pathetic. The only person on this forum who seems to feel the need to really be nasty. I pity you, but nonetheless await your next stream of self righteous bile.

This is football forum, not a series of private conversations. Happy to help, again.

This is football forum, not a series of private conversations. Happy to help, again.

Yet rather then addressing the topic you chose to specifically have a go at me. I'm flattered really darling, had no idea this was the place for that kind of flirtation, in, as you say, a football forum. X

Edited by Colinjb