EU referendum

Wade Garrett

You've got to hand it to remain , they keep finding ways of looking more and more panicky . Donald Tusk writes in Bild . "Brexit could be the beginning of the destruction of not only the EU but also of western political civilisation in its entirety ". Lol

amazing

the UK government are trying to 'fast track' this lot into the EU

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3638055/50-perverts-killed-bar-Homophobic-headline-Turkish-newspaper-website-strong-ties-country-s-President-Erdogan.html

Edited by Batman

I see someone from the remain side is now saying that the Schengen area should be torn up

wobble wobble

And Patrick Wintour of the Guardian quoting senior Labour figures backing Remain will argue Cameron EU migrant deal is insufficient & new direct controls on economic migration required.

**** me remain are wetting their knickers and making up stuff as they go along .

And Patrick Wintour of the Guardian quoting senior Labour figures backing Remain will argue Cameron EU migrant deal is insufficient & new direct controls on economic migration required.

**** me remain are wetting their knickers and making up stuff as they go along .

this deal for 1m Turks.

If it is so good for everyone, why don't the Government sell it to us. Why hide it?

A relaunch for the Remain camp. Ed Balls coming out and saying more most be done on immigration, and man of the people Gordon Brown is to spearhead the next few days with Cameron taking a back seat. Evidently , he can cut through with Labour leavers in their heartlands.

Would could possibly go wrong.

article-0-0956FA1E000005DC-36_634x412.jpg

VOTE REMAIN YOU BIGOTED OLD HAG...........

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Just heard that if we vote to leave, the U.K. Will regress into a vile racist country

Wow

no, but a vile racist country WOULD vote leave, so if we leave, it adds credence to the fact we are vile and racist. if remain wins, that is some evidence that we are not vile or racist. Not many racists will vote remain, nearly all racists will vote leave, so the level of racism in Britain could actually have an impact on the result, skewing it towards leave.

ditto, it will also be an indicator of how stupid we all are. if leave wins, then that knocks a few intellectual points off the country as whole (statisically speaking, since a vote to remain roughly correlates with increased intelligence)

no, but a vile racist country WOULD vote leave, so if we leave, it adds credence to the fact we are vile and racist. if remain wins, that is some evidence that we are not vile or racist. Not many racists will vote remain, nearly all racists will vote leave, so the level of racism in Britain could actually have an impact on the result, skewing it towards leave.

ditto, it will also be an indicator of how stupid we all are. if leave wins, then that knocks a few intellectual points off the country as whole (statisically speaking, since a vote to remain roughly correlates with increased intelligence)

:lol:

So, are people going to be genuinely upset if we vote to leave? Like seriously?

I will be, yes. Life goes on obviously but I will be gutted if we leave.

I'm ready for it now - the polls have turned definitively and Leave will win, the Wembley debate thing next week will be a slam-dunk for Leave and Remain will be annihilated.

Edited by CB Fry

So that's a solid 'Remain' majority secured in Liverpool then.

With the amount of EU handouts they've had on things like cruise terminals at the expense of Southampton, I'd be surprised if the scousers voted otherwise anyway.

With the amount of EU handouts they've had on things like cruise terminals at the expense of Southampton, I'd be surprised if the scousers voted otherwise anyway.

Speaking of which, I see this morning that Project Squalid is now promising that all those currently in receipt of EU funding will still benifit in this way should we vote to leave the EU. Can you explain how that will be as we've been told that "£350m a week" is going to the NHS should they get their way?

Speaking of which, I see this morning that Project Squalid is now promising that all those currently in receipt of EU funding will still benifit in this way should we vote to leave the EU. Can you explain how that will be as we've been told that "£350m a week" is going to the NHS should they get their way?

I think its very clear that this 350 Mill is for whatever we want it to be on.

We can spend the 160 million net difference in anything we choose and we can spend what would have been the rebate on anything we choose with our the that of the rebate being reduced if we don't bend to the eus whims. Rather than on the eus pet projects.

We can spend the 160 million net difference in anything we choose and we can spend what would have been the rebate on anything we choose with our the that of the rebate being reduced if we don't bend to the eus whims. Rather than on the eus pet projects.

So all that talk about many thousands of extra doctors and nurses in the NHS then was just misinformation then. You will agree that the same money cannot be spent twice I take it.

So all that talk about many thousands of extra doctors and nurses in the NHS then was just misinformation then. You will agree that the same money cannot be spent twice I take it.

I've never heard this talk. Who said it and when?

The drop in GDP and resulting fall in government revenues far outweighs any contribution we make to the EU. The referendum build up has already resulted in a drop which which would have paid for next year's contributions.

The drop in GDP and resulting fall in government revenues far outweighs any contribution we make to the EU. The referendum build up has already resulted in a drop which which would have paid for next year's contributions.

all published material says we will still be growing quicker than the rest of the eurozone after a Brexit, just not write as fast as if we stayed in.

I'm quite content with that. As are most sensible people.

Conventionally, GDP is measured annually not daily. Personally, I'll be buying as many pounds as I can over the next week.

Love it how those losing the argument call these kinds of interviews car crash when they don't like the facts being put forward by their opposition :lol::lol:

Sums up the leave side perfectly

This will be side that's losing the argument, but steadily increasing their support in the polls then. Neil systematically tore apart that Project Fear argument put out by Osborne that every family would be worse off post-Brexit, but go ahead and think that it was a fact if it comforts you.:lol::lol:

all published material says we will still be growing quicker than the rest of the eurozone after a Brexit, just not write as fast as if we stayed in.

I'm quite content with that. As are most sensible people.

Lower growth of course means that the state will have less money to spend on the welfare state - be it the NHS, State Pensions or other benifits. So I don't really see why "most sensible people", especially if they are from the poorer sections of society, should be so very pleased with such a outcome.

Lower growth of course means that the state will have less money to spend on the welfare state - be it the NHS, State Pensions or other benifits. So I don't really see why "most sensible people", especially if they are from the poorer sections of society, should be so very pleased with such a outcome.

You do realise the difference in growth is so small they've had to extrapolate data as far ahead as 15 years for a worse case scenario in a vain attempt to make it look bad.

People aren't falling for it.

no, but a vile racist country WOULD vote leave, so if we leave, it adds credence to the fact we are vile and racist...

What a sad disappointing thing to say, and to be blunt if this is what you believe then maybe the UK is not the country for you ?

As a country we rank highly in regards to freedom of the press and lack of corruption, we're very tolerant of other cultures, races and religions.

I'm happy to say that I'm voting leave, and in no way do I fit into the horrid stereotype that you're painting.

You do realise the difference in growth is so small they've had to extrapolate data as far ahead as 15 years for a worse case scenario in a vain attempt to make it look bad.

You do realise that the OECD predicts that UK growth could be some 5% lower, compared to what it would otherwise have been, should we vote to leave.

I suppose to the economically illiterate 5% might not sound like very much. However, you can rest assured that is in reality a lot of money.

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

You do realise that the OECD predicts that UK growth could be some 5% lower, compared to what it would otherwise have been, should we vote to leave.

I suppose to the economically illiterate 5% might not sound like very much. However, you can rest assured that is in reality a lot of money.

You do realise the oecd thought that the euro was a good idea.

You're going to be disappointed. Most of Britain's economic growth is the result of a rising population. GDP per capita is barely changing. Its no better than France and worse than most of the EU. Leaving will make it worse.

main-qimg-85ad4466ec3707390e8269f5dd8e2b63?convert_to_webp=true

Edited by buctootim

You do realise that this referendum is not about the Euro?

Pathetic .

When deciding how seriously to take people's predictions , most sensible people take into account their record on previous predictions . People who supported the ERM & Uk membership of the euro were wrong twice .

Pathetic .

When deciding how seriously to take people's predictions , most sensible people take into account their record on previous predictions . People who supported the ERM & Uk membership of the euro were wrong twice .

I can understand that if you have nothing else to offer then attempting to discredit those you disagree with is all that you have. That does make this pastime a very impressive or reasonable one. But if you really want to go down this road then you might remember that leading Bretix advocate Nigel Lawson was once (very) in favour of our joining the ERM.

The fact that someone was wrong in the past does not make them automatcaly wrong now does it?

I keep asking the question but I never get an answer. What is this red tape of which you speak? Please can I have a frinstance.

10th February 2011 Manx flight from Belfast crashed at Cork Airport. Although flying a Manx flight, the aircraft was owned and operated by by a Spanish company. The final report laid significant blame at the door of the Spanish operator and crew.

Under EU Regulation (EC) 1008/2008, the UK and Irish regulators were expressly prohibited from exercising any regulatory function in respect of the operation of aircraft from other Member States within and between their territories. All regulatory oversight was the direct responsibility of the Spanish, who were completely unaware where the aircraft was or what it was doing.

The cost? 6 people died.

frinstance

Thats the hole you and Wes are in.

With luck, we will be out of the hole on 23rd June.

Cameron and Osborne will probably have killed off their future career prospects with the hole they dug for themselves. Neither of them have much reflected trust following their previous statements from orchestrating Project Fear.

10th February 2011 Manx flight from Belfast crashed at Cork Airport. Although flying a Manx flight, the aircraft was owned and operated by by a Spanish company. The final report laid significant blame at the door of the Spanish operator and crew.

Under EU Regulation (EC) 1008/2008, the UK and Irish regulators were expressly prohibited from exercising any regulatory function in respect of the operation of aircraft from other Member States within and between their territories. All regulatory oversight was the direct responsibility of the Spanish, who were completely unaware where the aircraft was or what it was doing.

The cost? 6 people died.

frinstance

Wow thats low. Using a tragedy to make a political point - especially a misleading and disingenuous one.

This is from the the report of the Irish Air Accident Investigation Unit.

w843z9.png

http://www.aaiu.ie/sites/default/files/report-attachments/REPORT%202014-001_0.pdf

Edited by buctootim

The fact that someone was wrong in the past does not make them automatcaly wrong now does it?

No but it makes me cautious of listening to them again. Particularly when they didn't learn from previous mistakes . Some people supported membership of the ERM , but realised that this forerunner to the euro was flawed , so turned against that. Others like the oecd backed the ERM, didn't learn from it, predictded meltdown if we didn't join, were wrong again and still don't learn . There's only so many times you can be wrong.

It's not me discrediting them , it's their previous predictions that have done that. Personally, I'll listen to people who were right all along rather than ones whose dogma can never change

You do realise that competence with previous statements reflect trust with current ones?

I dont think it anything to do with trust it is the analysis the organisation is putting forward which is key.

BREXIT is going to cause the £ to fall Duckhunter says it will raise again which is probably true but to what levels nobody knows

In the meantime there is uncertainty as the FTSE drops , investment drops, unemployment goes up GDP goes down ,taxes goes up standard of living goes down.

Many on here want reduced immigration that is their choice but that entails having a smaller economy I just cannot see that being wrong.

I don’t want a smaller economy I want a bigger economy where every body becomes wealthier and has public services when things go wrong and they become sick and old. Especially as people are living longer these days we need more government money to pay for pensions healthcare and suchlike

We currently do have an economy which is growing but the average working person is not seeing much benefit my wife has just had a 1% pay rise after not having a rise for sometime while the top 5% have had massive pay rises this is the fault of the Tory Government not the EU.

Not enough houses schools and hospitals have been built so any shortages in this area are blamed on immigration which is needed to fill holes as our economy .grows without them as somebody has already mentioned our economy would be smaller today

We need to invest in our country to go forward as the world changes and it seems best to do so in cooperation with other countries and not in competition to see who can pay the least I just feel remaining in the EU is the best approach as opposed to something maybe alright on the night.

If the Leave Campaign could put up a fully costed proposal of how much it is going to cost to exit the EU how we would trade what tariffs business would have to pay and a realistic timetable to achieve this we would be in a better situation to chose but we are only given promises not commitments so I am remaining