Sam Gallagher - Joins Blackburn: Official

Sergei Gotsmanov

Because he plays for us, not Leicester. Ditto Austin, etc. If Gallagher does go on loan I hope there is a recall clause (if it's allowed) to provide cover if/when Gabbi and Austin are both out injured.

I'm pretty sure that he can only be recalled during the next transfer window. That's what happened 2 seasons ago, at Franchise FC.

I'm pretty sure that he can only be recalled during the next transfer window. That's what happened 2 seasons ago, at Franchise FC.

I think it depends on the details of the loan agreement. If I remember correctly we made a loan where we couldn't recall the player for the season (Boruc I think, and we could've really used him because FF was out. It potentially cost us a top 4 place).

So is Sam going to be replaced? The million dollar question. We have three forwards, one injury prone, one newish to the Premiership and Shane Long who I like but is not a goalscorer. Is that enough for a tough season in the Premier League? Playing one upfront the answer could be yes but everytime Gabbiadini gets crunched we will all be wincing

Most definitely this. We look painfully short up front, and our attacking midfield players dont look like coming up with the goals. Still dont understand why we didnt try for Arnautovic

Most definitely this. We look painfully short up front, and our attacking midfield players dont look like coming up with the goals. Still dont understand why we didnt try for Arnautovic
That sense of humour of yours has me beat. You should be on the stage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well i suppose another year in the championship isn't the end of the world. Pity it's redknapp's Birmingham but they are the sort of side where he's likely to get more game time hopefully. Just hope he can repeat his levels at Blackburn & if he does he gets given a chance in prem.

You'd assume that would also mean Long is staying.

I don't think we need another out and out striker given we've got 3 and we only play 1 up front.

Might make sense to bring in an attacking mid, maybe even just a loan to provide competition for Tadic/Redmond/Boufal

Never really been sure on the love for Arnatovic. Always struck me as someone incredibly one paced, petulant and inconsistent.

There's a reason why WHU were the only club to spend £25m on him. And as we all know, WHU's transfer policy is flawless.

What an odd move, think Gallagher has learnt enough about Championship football already and thought this was the season to see if he was upto first team football. No way 3 strikers with an injury prone Austin being one of them is enough to get through the season and I don't see us splashing out on a replacement, can see with the fee that Wood is going for that it would cost a lot to buy a proven championship striker like Sam. Loaning to Birmingham is bizarre,will never forgive Harry for the way he treated young players after a cup defeat when he was here. Doubt Sam will even get games when he signs 39 year old 'traffic lad' Benjani !

What an odd move, think Gallagher has learnt enough about Championship football already and thought this was the season to see if he was upto first team football. No way 3 strikers with an injury prone Austin being one of them is enough to get through the season and I don't see us splashing out on a replacement, can see with the fee that Wood is going for that it would cost a lot to buy a proven championship striker like Sam. Loaning to Birmingham is bizarre,will never forgive Harry for the way he treated young players after a cup defeat when he was here. Doubt Sam will even get games when he signs 39 year old 'traffic lad' Benjani !

Nonsense. It's a good move for the boy. Birmingham will expect to be play off contenders at least, and it will be a better team than struggling Blackburn. Regular games will be excellent development for him.

I want him to come back to us with 20+ goals under his belt and pushing for a starting place.

I think it depends on the details of the loan agreement. If I remember correctly we made a loan where we couldn't recall the player for the season (Boruc I think, and we could've really used him because FF was out. It potentially cost us a top 4 place).

53.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window;

When his season at Blackburn finished, there were calls on here to put him in the side for the last few games. We couldn't.

53.1.4 A Player whose Standard Loan expires (or terminates) at the end of the Season of the Transferee Club but prior to the completion of the League Matches of his Transferor Club (where it is a Member Club) will not be eligible to play in any remaining League Matches for the Transferor Club in that Season;

Nonsense. It's a good move for the boy. Birmingham will expect to be play off contenders at least, and it will be a better team than struggling Blackburn. Regular games will be excellent development for him.

I want him to come back to us with 20+ goals under his belt and pushing for a starting place.

This. He's had one reasonably good season in the championship. If he was another clubs player we would not have regarded him as a good signing. Hopefully he'll impress and come back better equipped to make the step up.

I am not sure how much there is more for him to learn at that level and I would rather if he want out on loan, he went to a club/manager with a track record of improving players. Not convinced that Birmingham will be pushing for promotion this season with their current squad.

This. He's had one reasonably good season in the championship. If he was another clubs player we would not have regarded him as a good signing. Hopefully he'll impress and come back better equipped to make the step up.

I don't think we would be excited if we did sign him but this is a 4th choice squad player, our options are never going to be that exciting. Can we a realistically find a better option to fill that backup role? Not sure we can myself but hopefully we are working on something because going into the season with Austin injury record, Long's poor recent form and Gabbi is a gamble imo.

Sam is not premier league ready (yet) he played 43 league games last season scoring 11 goals (same as Lukas Jutkiewicz and Sam Baldock) Danny Graham scored more for Blackburn last season and in the championship so did Tom Ince (14) Cameron Jerome (16) and Glenn Murray (23)

He was independently rated for each performance (whoscored.com) and averaged 6.85/10 - that made him Blackburn's 7th highest rated player last season. He started brightly last season but struggled after Christmas - scoring just twice in his last 23 games.

Why would he be super average in the Championship but decent in the premier league this season?

Happy for the academy boys to play, but they need to be ready and not played simply because they are from our academy.

Enjoy the loan. Hopefully he comes back much improved.

Sam is not premier league ready (yet) he played 43 league games last season scoring 11 goals (same as Lukas Jutkiewicz and Sam Baldock) Danny Graham scored more for Blackburn last season and in the championship so did Tom Ince (14) Cameron Jerome (16) and Glenn Murray (23)

He was independently rated for each performance (whoscored.com) and averaged 6.85/10 - that made him Blackburn's 7th highest rated player last season. He started brightly last season but struggled after Christmas - scoring just twice in his last 23 games.

Why would he be super average in the Championship but decent in the premier league this season?

Happy for the academy boys to play, but they need to be ready and not played simply because they are from our academy.

No longer a full member pal? That's a shame. Guess the £5 gets you an extra bucket of balls down the range :thumbup:

He actually started 35 Lg games and 2 in the FA cup and scored 12 goals which puts a different perspective on things especially as he was in a struggling team and playing out wide for a lot of the time. Danny Graham took the penalties too.

hutch He's paying Larry's subscription for him. He can't afford to pay twice.

I spent all my money on buying rose-tinted glasses for all the people who clapped a team off the pitch that had scored no goals in 6 consecutive games at home.

This was a club record since before dinosuars and Tezza Paine ever existed. Boos for the pathetic, disgraceful, banjo cow's-arse practice would have been more appropriate.

Can't score in 200+ appearences is League 1 material. If Les Reed wasn't in charge Mr Plod and Davis would have gone 2 summers ago.

53.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window;

When his season at Blackburn finished, there were calls on here to put him in the side for the last few games. We couldn't.

53.1.4 A Player whose Standard Loan expires (or terminates) at the end of the Season of the Transferee Club but prior to the completion of the League Matches of his Transferor Club (where it is a Member Club) will not be eligible to play in any remaining League Matches for the Transferor Club in that Season;

Cheers. So hopefully there is a clause for a January recall if necessary.

If that's true then you can see why we loaned him out. £1m+ a year in wages on a fourth choice centre forward. ****ing stupid money.

That Mail article was utter tosh, take it from me the figures were grossly exaggerated and I mean grossly. Someone at Birmingham has a grudge I reckon.

That Mail article was utter tosh, take it from me the figures were grossly exaggerated and I mean grossly. Someone at Birmingham has a grudge I reckon.

Arry said himself they were after a youngster on loan from a premier league club but said club wanted 1m loan fee , I'm guessing that's where the million quid comes from !?

What is more bizarre is why Sam would go and play for a manager with no known coaching ability. You should have said something to him ;)

Arry said himself they were after a youngster on loan from a premier league club but said club wanted 1m loan fee , I'm guessing that's where the million quid comes from !?

B'ham did pay Saints a £1m fee but all the other figures in that article are garbage. As for playing for Harry - he may be an absolute **** but Sam will certainly learn a few things about the political aspects of being a footballer. I gather his education has already started in fact. He will get lots of positives out of this loan deal.

B'ham did pay Saints a £1m fee but all the other figures in that article are garbage. As for playing for Harry - he may be an absolute **** but Sam will certainly learn a few things about the political aspects of being a footballer. I gather his education has already started in fact. He will get lots of positives out of this loan deal.

Saw them against Burton a couple of weeks ago and thought they looked very ordinary. Harry has "done a Harry" and a plethora of new signings have arrived.

Jeremie Boga is quite a player by all accounts. Jenkinson decent as well. Here's hoping they start to win some games soon.

If Redknapp likes you as a player he can really boost your confidence. He may not be a great coach but he's clearly a good man manager with his signings and people he likes. I don't like the bloke but he wouldn't have gone so far in the game if he was as bad as people make out. He could be good for Sam on a short term basis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw them against Burton a couple of weeks ago and thought they looked very ordinary. Harry has "done a Harry" and a plethora of new signings have arrived.

Jeremie Boga is quite a player by all accounts. Jenkinson decent as well. Here's hoping they start to win some games soon.

Jenkinson has gone back to Arsenal with a dislocated shoulder.