Liverpool vs SAINTS Build Up & Match Thread

nta786

Classie has grown into the game really well.

Yeah he's looked good so far. Some really nice play, some great passes and quick. By the end of the season looks to be a very good player. Once again, very chuffed with the additions in the summer!

Also regarding your earlier comment, definitely has the feel of a we play really well and deserve a draw but lose in an annoying way kind of game :lol: we'll have to see!

Anyone know what happened to Cedric's face? Black eye and very swollen, keep singing I can hear you here in portugal

Presume that is from last week. He had a knock then, was covered in blood and was bandaged up, before being subbed for yoshida.

I still don't like Tadić on the right. Only heard Pellè's name about twice too, he seems to be a lot less involved than usual.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Text commentary suggests he's being well marshalled by their defence.

I enjoyed that. We've been playing much more exciting football than Liverpool. Some really beautiful one-touch build-up play. Clasie starting to look good... a couple of great tackles and a sweet switch of play to the right. Victor is incredible. Hope his ankle OK. We can do this!

It looked to me the tactic was to really hold our shape and counter without ever over doing it. Think as the second half progresses I can see us getting something. A little sharper in the final third and we can get in against this defence. Longer it stays 0-0 more I fancy a saints win.

Benteke is one of those players, like Lukaku, who absolutely nails us every time.

Not sure about that. We did the double over Villa in 12/13 without conceding from Benteke. Benteke didn't score against us in 13/14 although we did only get one point off Villa...and in fact...thinking about it...his one goal against us was the completely unimportant consolation when we beat them 6-1. So this is clearly not true.

Having said all that, he's still a major threat and could easily do us, but we have kept him quiet before mostly.